Major Themes: SEX

+
but no amount of surgery in the world is going to change my pasty white ass to Black Dynamite... no matter how much i wish it were so....

I wish it for you too, buddy. I wish it for you.

I enjoy the idea that although our character will steal, assault, lie cheat and murder for money, we wouldn't have sex for money. Oh, humans.

I wish it for you too, buddy. I wish it for you.

I enjoy the idea that although our character will steal, assault, lie cheat and murder for money, we wouldn't have sex for money. Oh, humans.

I dunno, Eraser seems open to the idea of being a DNA deposit box...

But hey, at least we all now know who the bottom actually is... :D

well I'm just pointing out the obvious. the average edgerunner needs to know how to use multiple weapons systems, how the street works, how to lie, how to spot a lie, how to drive, how to dress, how to fix things, etc to survive on the mean streets. the average lifer just needs to know 2 things. how to intimidate the shit out of you, and how to beat you into submission should you refuse him. he spends all day pumping iron and fighting with other alpha males, honing his skill at ass kickery and wishing to hell he had access to a woman. but he doesn't, so he looks for a suitable replacement. sorry to say, but your average edgerunner is going to be a bottom if they ever land in the booty house. not that i swing that way, just telling it how it is.

If what you are getting at is that cyberware is the great equalizer then what about guns? They take little to no skill to use (though to use well is a different story) they are easy, VERY easy to come by and regardless of body shape, size or athleticism are the deciding factor in many fights. That hasn't changed sexism in modern day. Why would cyberware be so different?

Cyberware IS the great equalizer as it replaces that which differenciates men and women - physicality. It is aknowledged that women have to work twice as hard for half the results as a man when in comes to upper body strength, on average. You can have a runway model shape and still have strength beyond what a normal human could achieve. Thereby leveling the playing field. Combat is about judging your opponent. With cybertech, you can no longer assume that the walking stick-bug waif can't just pick you up and toss you like a rag doll.

BTW, the gun was called the "great equilizer" for men, since the use of the saber or sword had so much time invested to attain even a modicum of skill. The statistics remain today that most gunfights happen within 10 feet (i.e. point blank range) and generous estimates give a 30% hit rate, conservative estimates are only 13%. These are statistics for POLICE OFFICERS, not you and me and joe blow down the street. So the gun was only an equilizer on paper, it never actually lives up to the quote.

It would be great to play as a strong female character, we need more of these today. TW games portrayed some strong, independent women and not your regular damsel in distress, we always had TR, and now games like Infinite are also introducing well written female characters. Oh wait, Mass Effect, but honestly I always felt it was written with a guy in mind and besides I played with a male shepard always.

The statistics remain today that most gunfights happen within 10 feet (i.e. point blank range) and generous estimates give a 30% hit rate, conservative estimates are only 13%. These are statistics for POLICE OFFICERS, not you and me and joe blow down the street. So the gun was only an equilizer on paper, it never actually lives up to the quote.

It's still the equalizer... an untrained woman is just as bad with a gun as an untrained man... a trained man is no better than an untrained woman. There is nothing you have said that contradicts the equality of the ability to kill someone with a handgun.

It would be great to play as a strong female character, we need more of these today. TW games portrayed some strong, independent women and not your regular damsel in distress, we always had TR, and now games like Infinite are also introducing well written female characters. Oh wait, Mass Effect, but honestly I always felt it was written with a guy in mind and besides I played with a male shepard always.

Really, I think it's getting to the point where there should simply always be a choice in most games. But then again, in most of the games I play, there already is...

Hopefully when we get a sleeping dogs sequel, there will be more choice, and its a damn shame that there are no female choices for the Rockstar games... who only want you to choose between middle age white guy, even older white guy, or young black guy... that's all you ever get to be in any of the rockstar games...

Top Bottom