Make common components COMMON

+
In the game as currently patched, common and uncommon components have become very scarce. They no longer can be called "common" because they are anything but. Less items can be scrapped than before (it used to be you could scrap everything, even food). Vendors sell very little common and uncommon components. A few select sell these components regularly and have more if you return 24 hours later. But most don't have any. Most weapons dealers no longer sell these, and the few who do don't restock regularly (like Wilson).
Even vendors who do sell them, always have less common and uncommon components than the other kinds, which is counterintuitive. Typically a vendor will have about 100-150 common, 150-180 uncommon, but much more of the rare, epic and even legendary (in the 200's).
Common and uncommon are the most needed components. Even legendary and epic weapons take only a few legendary, epic and rare components to upgrade, but they always take a lot of uncommon and tons of common.
So common components should be made to honor their name and be abundant. Every vendor should sell at least some, even food and bartenders. Weapon, clothes and melee dealers should ALWAYS have plenty. Junk vendors should be swimming in the stuff. Maybe even have INFINITE stock. All this should also apply to a lesser degree to uncommon components.

In the game as currently patched, common and uncommon components have become very scarce. They no longer can be called "common" because they are anything but.
Seriously ?
Yes, if you count on vendors to provide the "most" used components, it could be a problem... But luckily, dismanteling stuff provide a bunch of these "basic" components. But if you prefer sell the stuff, again, it's a (your) choice :)
In my two last playthroughs in 1.52... Knowing that I never bought a single common or uncommon component during the whole game.
03-07-2022_01-47-46-seuulvqo.jpeg03-07-2022_01-48-56-nwvsrczt.jpeg

Seriously ?
Yes, if you count on vendors to provide the "most" used components, it could be a problem... But luckily, dismanteling stuff provide a bunch of these "basic" components. But if you prefer sell the stuff, again, it's a (your) choice :)
In my two last playthroughs in 1.52... Knowing that I never bought a single common or uncommon component during the whole game.
View attachment 11310082View attachment 11310085
What do you do? Dismantle everything? I figured that in most cases it is more profit to sell most items than scrap. For example, scrapping a common weapon gives you components worth 42 eddies. This can go up when you get some perks that give you more scrap, but basically, it is better to sell a common weapon worth more than 42 eddies than scrap it, and use the money to buy the components. Of course, this means you have to go to a store... Maybe this is my problem. However, suppose a legendary weapon sells for 1350. Its scrap will give components worth only about 130 eddies. In that case... Also, do you upgrade many items? I upgrade practically every iconic item I get my hands on as well as anything that I will use even for just a while. I like to change weapons and clothes between missions. Might be a bad habit.
The other thing is that selling weapons is my major source of income, and it is very profitable. Forget Wilson, 2nd amendment, Guns and Rifles, Kang Tao etc. 'V' is the major provider of weapons in Night City! I've sold enough weapons to arm a brigade. Hundreds. In most missions, the sale of the weapons, clothes etc. is worth more than the reward. But then I also like to buy every car, apartment, etc. that is available. I never get really rich.
I still think that more scrap should be available in stores for those of us who prefer to buy it.

What do you do? Dismantle everything? I figured that in most cases it is more profit to sell most items than scrap. For example, scrapping a common weapon gives you components worth 42 eddies. This can go up when you get some perks that give you more scrap, but basically, it is better to sell a common weapon worth more than 42 eddies than scrap it, and use the money to buy the components. Of course, this means you have to go to a store... Maybe this is my problem. However, suppose a legendary weapon sells for 1350. Its scrap will give components worth only about 130 eddies. In that case... Also, do you upgrade many items? I upgrade practically every iconic item I get my hands on as well as anything that I will use even for just a while. I like to change weapons and clothes between missions. Might be a bad habit.
Maybe, money wize, it seem better to sell stuff, but if vendors are unable to provide you the amount of component that you will need, for me, it's obvious

I never, never dismantled legendary items (I keep them all in my stash^^), all other versions are dismantled if they cost less than 500 (only keep epic clothes which I find nice). Common and uncommon items are dismantled directly, I don't even take a look of price, stats, whatever :)
And components, I only buy rare, epic and legendary ones, dismanteling those items doesn't provide enough components anyway (rare are the ones I buy the most, for sure.

And look my money at level 50, almost 2 millions, just by selling items which cost more than 500 (and I didn't specially farm money, I spend hundreds thousand eddies in clothe shops^^), it's sufficiant enough to buy everything ;)

An important point :
Early game, instead than selling items which earns you almost nothing, the best to make money quickly is to focusing on NCPD Scanner Hustles. It's fast to complete, and above all, you will earn a bunch of money. There are between 1K-3K eddies in the container, you receive between 1K-3K as reward from NCPD and there is almost always an access point. So you can easly earn more than 5K eddies per NCPD Scanner Hustle (the same amount as if you had sold 100 weapons at 50 eddies each...)
So you really don't need to "farm" items and sell them :)
End game, weapons/clothes can be sold more than 500/1.K eddies, so yeah, it's a good way to make money (but only after level 40 in my opinion). But early/mid game, it's just annoying and not worth it.

Last edited:
There is no way that I can think about the crafting and loot systems that does not give me a headache or make me want to cry.

just disassemble your cheap junk. with a few points in crafting you will be swimming in them. Obviously the more you craft the more you need. Any item under 50 eddies by lvl 20 I'm disassembling

I scrap pretty much everything since I've already settled on my weapons of choice.
Selling weapons for eddies also seem 'equally' pointless unless you want to buy all manner of random thing for no apparent reason.
I swim in over 300k eddies and all are acquired basically through the hacking game and whatever you net from missions.

I also manage to get components, usually my characters always have some techy in them, so I dismantle a lot, but also buy a lot at times, early game mostly. But I see where this criticism comes from and agree. If the game supports role-playing different characters, one V might not want anything to do with scraping materials and prefers buying components. And for those, how it is now doesn't make much sense.

If the game supports role-playing different characters, one V might not want anything to do with scraping materials and prefers buying components. And for those, how it is now doesn't make much sense.
In fact, I would like to add a detail :)
Cyberpunk allow role playing different characters, but it doesn't mean that every characters should be allowed to do everything. "Luckily", Cyberpunk allow to (almost) doing everything with any build. Unlike quite a lot of RPGs, where lot of "actions", "interactions", features are available only with specifics builds and totally impossible for others.

So yeah, in this case, without tech/crafting skills, in less easy, more annoying, but it's possible :)

In fact, I would like to add a detail :)
Cyberpunk allow role playing different characters, but it doesn't mean that every characters should be allowed to do everything. "Luckily", Cyberpunk allow to (almost) doing everything with any build. Unlike quite a lot of RPGs, where lot of "actions", "interactions", features are available only with specifics builds and totally impossible for others.

So yeah, in this case, without tech/crafting skills, in less easy, more annoying, but it's possible :)

I agree that cyberpunk creates a lot of gameplay freedom for the same situation, even how you can pickup every weapon,...
But that doesn't mean they might not have the perfect balance and I think that's what the OP is referring to on the components for sale here. It doesn't mean it's making the game super easy either, you still have to spend the eddies for it but they are available at the stores.
The way you first described the situation was (in my words): You recognized there weren't a lot of components on shops but that it was quite easy to get components in other ways (dismantling... ), so you "understood" how the game was to be played and adapted. I agree more that the system could be better here. I haven't done a corpo run yet but she won't be dismantling anything and the game would benefit from giving this option. It affects even the rhythm of the game. If you don't stop to pickup weapons and dismantling them the game being played is very different.

The way you first described the situation was (in my words): You recognized there weren't a lot of components on shops but that it was quite easy to get components in other ways (dismantling... ), so you "understood" how the game was to be played and adapted.
I can agree, but without dismantling, it's still possible to acquire a fair amount quite easily :)
I never really tried, but I imagine that if you visit to the Kabuki vendor on the heights or the XBD vendor in Jig-Jig Street (both sell all kind of components), if should be easy to buy a fair amount of common and uncommon components by skipping time (24H) few times, to "restock" their inventories.
So like I said, it's less easy, but far to be impossible without dismantling. Unlike some games which if you don't invested points in crafting, your character can't craft/upgrade anything ;)

I can agree, but without dismantling, it's still possible to acquire a fair amount quite easily :)
I never really tried, but I imagine that if you visit to the Kabuki vendor on the heights or the XBD vendor in Jig-Jig Street (both sell all kind of components), if should be easy to buy a fair amount of common and uncommon components by skipping time (24H) few times, to "restock" their inventories.

simply this - just camp the "Trash Kingdom" for some 24h skips: done. I don't get the fuzz...

Top Bottom