Make cyberpsychosis affecting V an option

+
Why should he care? Installing cyberware in cyberpunk is common, like buying new smartphone irl.

More like buying a new car or appartement actually.
And the difference is Cyberpsychosis (And I speak about C2020 cyberpsychosis, not just the example that is usually spoken about when people speak about C2077).

What for?

Because cyberpsycho is "cool" ?

I mean, lets say there are 2 options 1 is - limit humanity installs so you cant go pyscho. 2nd is, oh you over install, by like 1 and go psycho. Oh no! you get game over from going crazy.

?

Literally why? Whats the point of adding this option? Cyberpsyco is instant game over or some sort of convulted " you get sent to jail and therapy for 16 months, and emerge .. 16 month later the same perosn but afeter a 16 month (breaking the game timeline btw) episode"

Why do people want this option?

Last edited:
Nah, almost everyone has cyber arms or something on the face in CP2077, so it more common and cheaper. Maaybe they buying it on credit, but hey, this is how a grotesque consumer society works in cyberpunk. Everyone just too busy for waiting for brand new kiroshi eyes and such and nobody thinks about psychical condition.
Post automatically merged:

What for?

I mean, lets say there are 2 options 1 is - limit humanity installs so you cant go pyscho. 2nd is, oh you over install, by like 1 and go psycho. Oh no! you get game over from going crazy.

?

Literally why? Whats the point of adding this option? Cyberpsyco is instant game over or some sort of convulted " you get sent to jail and therapy for 16 months, and emerge .. 16 month later the same perosn but afeter a 16 month (breaking the game timeline btw) episode"

My presume its because somebody wants more little details, that can be unfitting and absurd but cool in some rare cases.

Except that it wouldn't mean "game over" (at least not in the truly finite sense) or that V's story would come to an end.

1. install too much cyberware or cyberware with too high a humanity cost attached to
2. screen/HUD fades/glitches to black, accompanied by V crying out in pain
3. "You have succumbed to cyberpsychosis" fades in (similar to "YOU DIED")
4. At the bottom of the screen, you're given the option to "Reload" (or "Reload from Last Save")

But I guess having to "endure" an additional game over state/screen (in addition to the standard "You have died" one(s)) is too much to ask of your extraordinarily impatient audience these days.

Where self-imposed house rules or intentionally "gimping" yourself comes into play.
Wouldn't it be great if one didn't have to resort to such measures and the game itself (optionally) would set the limits for you instead?
I'm at a point in my life where I don't want a video game telling me what I can and can't do. I just want to do what ever I want without anything holding me back. I want total freedom. I want to fully customize and upgrade my V with no limitations. Cyberpsychosis is just an inconvenience that I'm concerned is going to get in my way and ruin my fun by disallowing me from modifying my V beyond a certain point under the pretense of avoiding the Cyberpsychosis to begin with, or getting Cyberpsychosis and getting some kind of inconvenient consequence as a result. Like honestly, I wish the whole entire concept of Cyberpsychosis would just get erased and forgotten so that I could have more fun in the game. I am fully and totally disinterested in it as a concept because I am confident of what kind of mental state my character is in, therefor- I have no problems encountering psychos in Cyberpunk2077, but cybernetics being the main theme of their psychosis is just uninteresting to me. Sure, if they're cybernetically enhanced enemies and they're "psycho" that's cool and fine, and I don't have any problem with that, but I think it's incredibly silly that cybernetics automatically = psychosis after a certain point, which I could understand if this had been done to a non-consenting person. However, a person that intentionally wanted to become cybernetically enhanced, I do not see why they would become a cyberpsycho. It just seems like it's forced on the player as a concept that says "just because" and forces silly and unwanted limitations on the player.

At the end of the day, I want less limitations in video games, especially Cyberpunk2077. Just my honest opinion.

Why allow the player to die?

It’s just an annoying ”game over” -screen.
YASSSSSSS
>This
I'm totally over random petty inconveniences that are just old video game cliche's. I just want to have fun. When things happen that aren't fun.... I don't have fun....

I'm playing video games.... because life isn't fun....

Therefor, video games should be fun...

but if the game is un-fun...

then what is going on!?
( I recently just deleted kingdom come deliverance off my computer because it was such a tedious boring unfair grind and I just felt this amazing sense of peace and relief as I let go. )

So I totally agree with you on that. (I mean, of course, player must die in certain situations right? Unless we can just wake up at the night city hospital, that would be cool too, as long as they don't punish the player like losing their stuff or losing stats, I would get an instant refund)

Last edited:
At the end of the day, I want less limitations in video games, especially Cyberpunk2077. Just my honest opinion.

YASSSSSSS
>This
I'm totally over random petty inconveniences that are just old video game cliche's. I just want to have fun. When things happen that aren't fun.... I don't have fun....

I'm playing video games.... because life isn't fun....

Therefor, video games should be fun...

but if the game is un-fun...

then what is going on!?

So I totally agree with you on that.
Hm hm, agreed

What for?

?

I would love it if CDPR was like "yea so we're cutting Cyberpsychosis as a concept, customize and upgrade away no limitations, just have fun!" :howdy:

I would be so happy about that! :)

Hm hm, agreed
I edited my post, please read again?

Personally I don't play videogame to play "Make believe" like a child, so if it's not there, it's not there.

Besides, having a limit (and I think there is one anyway) wouldn't change the fact that your character doesn't care about shedding his body, nor is mentally affected by it.
Why should he care? Installing cyberware in cyberpunk is common, like buying new smartphone irl.
And the difference is Cyberpsychosis (And I speak about C2020 cyberpsychosis, not just the example that is usually spoken about when people speak about C2077).
So, agreeing that it is common. Enough so you agree with an association.
Back to what poison asked.
I agree with both of you I think ( if I understand correctly )
If V is totally fine with getting Cybermodded, then there's no real reason why Cyberpsychosis should ever be a problem even if V got a full body conversion. If the mechanical body has = to or better than human body touch receptors and they can still get mods that allow them to still feel like realistic skin and body etc, then I don't really see what the point is.

The whole Cyberpsychosis concept seems like a really cringe attempt at making up a dark and edgy new mental health issue to make the game/lore-world seem more interesting which seemed REALLY cool in the original trailer
However, Seeing as it's going to limit my ability to customize and modify my character and just limit and chain and tone down and water down my game play and story experience, I strongly dislike the entire Cyberpsychosis thing entirely and I just want it to go away. If CDPR puts an option for it in the game I will choose the option to make it not even be a thing and have unlimited Cybermodding and Customization potential for V with no limitations. I actually look at the concept of being limited with extreme discomfort and sadness. I can't express how much I have slowly grown to very strongly dislike Cyberpsychosis. It's going to ruin my fun. I just know it.

You might have missed my sarcasm.

Or maybe I missed yours?
Oh I thought we had a special moment there :giveup:

Not too much special moments with me, I’m afraid. My being repells them.
:think: But if you repel special moments then technically speaking you are an anomaly where special moments don't exist, therefor, you yourself are unique, therefor special, thus a paradox, which is even more rare, therefor even more special, therefor an even bigger paradox, therefor even more special and so on and so on.:smart:
you special! have a nice day, you are cool :) (y)

you are pretty much going to have to roleplay this out on your own. Add your mods you've added, decrease sanity as per CP Red, and then role a dice... if you hit cyberpsychosis, get out of your game chair, sit your toddler or small child down in your seat, and tell them to hold down the trigger... There you go, now you have cyberpscychosis in the game.

Normally if you go cyber pscyho the DM would just take over the game, its like mind control, you cannot rationally control your character any longer. Thus, for a video game, it doesn't really work in this game story world. If you want to hard core roleplay it, go for it, but don't count on a mechanic to do it for you.

So, agreeing that it is common. Enough so you agree with an association.

Cyberware being common doesn't mean without dire consequences. It's also common to takes hard drugs, it doesn't makes them less dangerous/lethal.
It's a dystopia: it's not because something is bad that people doesn't do it. It still remain bad, and in the case of cyberware like mentally disturbing bad.

Nah, almost everyone has cyber arms or something on the face in CP2077, so it more common and cheaper. Maaybe they buying it on credit, but hey, this is how a grotesque consumer society works in cyberpunk. Everyone just too busy for waiting for brand new kiroshi eyes and such and nobody thinks about psychical condition.

It's supposed to be very costly, reason why I used the apartment/house example.
And peoples not thinking about consequences doesn't mean consequences aren't there.

My presume its because somebody wants more little details, that can be unfitting and absurd but cool in some rare cases.

Minus cyberpsychosis, the real one I mean, not the "I have zero humanity left" sort, is never unfitting nor absurd.

For the same reason lots of people doesn't want to start with 10 in each stats and all the perks: to make meaningful, and if possible loreful, choices.

EDIT: I re-read your whole post.
You totally missed the part where I said "(And I speak about C2020 cyberpsychosis, not just the example that is usually spoken about when people speak about C2077). ".

Last edited:
It's supposed to be very costly, reason why I used the apartment/house example.
And peoples not thinking about consequences doesn't mean consequences aren't there.
Only 3rd generation cyberware with "real skin" and such, others are common like phones i mentioned. Pls, read World of cyberpunk. We have now lore for CP2077 so we can speak about game world rules now.

Minus cyberpsychosis, the real one I mean, not the "I have zero humanity left" sort, is never unfitting nor absurd.
I was speaking about details in general.

Fun thing. If you start rampaging in the CP2077 you will be chased by regular cops, but later max tac and anti-cyberpsysho forces starts to hunt you down, so you can roleplay as a cyberpshycho. But nobody wants roleplaying by yourself, everybody want game do it for them.

Only 3rd generation cyberware with "real skin" and such, others are common like phones i mentioned. Pls, read World of cyberpunk. We have now lore for CP2077 so we can speak about game world rules now.

From what I know, It didn't changed how cyberpsychosis worked.

I was speaking about details in general.

Fun thing. If you start rampaging in the CP2077 you will be chased by regular cops, but later max tac and anti-cyberpsysho forces starts to hunt you down, so you can roleplay as a cyberpshycho. But nobody wants roleplaying by yourself, everybody want game do it for them.

Again, you are only speaking about the "I have zero humanity left" sort of cyberpsychosis, not the normal one.

Again, you are only speaking about the "I have zero humanity left" sort of cyberpsychosis, not the normal one.
And what? I thought that picking most arrogant variants in dialog, lying and stealing everything is obvious for cyberpshycho roleplay.

And what? I thought that picking most arrogant variants in dialog, lying and stealing everything is obvious for cyberpshycho roleplay.

Minus less humanity makes you less socially able, not more agressive. Agressivity comes with the last state of cyberpsychosis, aka "I have zero humanity left".

Top Bottom