Make it easier to put away weapons.

+
I can't imagine playing this with a mouse and keyboard, feel like I always use a controller for open world games. How does it play with M&K? The driving in particular

Horrible for driving; I wouldn't even try yet. I always play with mouse and keyboard in all of my games, but driving with them in this game is unmanageable. It's so hard to keep control of your vehicle that I end up easily hitting objects and pedestrians most of the time. I pretty much just choose walk to my destinations unless I really have to drive.

DOUBLE TAB THE ALT KEY (as one already commented) and your weapon will be gone.

Read the comments people :)
Well the game even tells you this so yeah, but there is also a problem where it doesn't always work. For me (and seemingly others) a double tap will sometimes holster and sometimes switch weapons.

I can't imagine playing this with a mouse and keyboard, feel like I always use a controller for open world games. How does it play with M&K? The driving in particular
It's not ideal. I find it preferable to not touch the mouse when driving as long as you don't have to shoot, but then I find the default camera angles aren't quite right. For the 3rd person views I find the available preset angles are too close to the car for my liking.

I'm left handed, so I'm forced to use a controller since I don't have my IJKL. For me, it's double tap "Y" and it works every time with no problem.

This needs to be fixed.

Even though it's there, it's unintuitive and doesn't register the input very well.

Just make alt tap holster instead of cycle, or just put it on hold R or on a dedicated button.

It's redundant to have cycle on alt tap anyway since mouse wheel cycles weapons. If you're not using mouse wheel, you're probably using the number keys for weapon selection anyway. There's no good reason to have alt as cycle weapons to begin with.

There is an additional problem with this. There is NOTHING in the menu about holstering/sheathing weapons, the function is hidden behind "cycling weapons". The many guides online on holstering weapons is a testament to how poor this design is...and how poor the guides generally are. No one even consider the possibility of the player already having re-mapped the commands - including the ALT key, so simply stating "double-click the ALT key" is not enough. Frustrating!

Currently all I can find is holding Alt and trying to move around in a circle to the no gun picture which is glitchy and horrible. Why can't there be a hotkey to put weapons away. I'd honestly rather the Weapon wheel somewhere else or removed and a put away option instead for Alt.

BRUH. Hope you found the answer to this, but you double tap the same button as the weapon draw. List of controls here.

Check your grill before you get into someone elses.

Much love,

-The peskiest

Double tap "Alt" - will put your weapon away. Not documented.

Yeah, but it works like crap and often just cycles through your weapons.
We have number keys for weapons, we have a scroll wheel for weapons. Do we really need the Alt key to scroll through them as well?

The double tap script according to xml only has 0.125 seconds to run hence the tight timings. however i find that other key stokes as well as cpu load can interfere with this so they should really fix this. it's too finicky. you guys can try it yourself. for consitency I modded the game so virtual inputs are accepted then bound a double tap alt macro to another key with a 50ms delay between the taps.

in short: to guarantee it working stand still maybe wait half a second then use macro or tap as fast as you can

The put away weapon double alt key tap is extremely annoying. It almost never registers as a double tap and swaps the weapon instead. Why the freak would I wanna swap weapons with alt when I have a mouse wheel?

The put away weapon double alt key tap is extremely annoying. It almost never registers as a double tap and swaps the weapon instead. Why the freak would I wanna swap weapons with alt when I have a mouse wheel?

And number keys. Don't forget your number keys.

Simplest idea.
R = reload
Hold R for 1 second = holster
Done.
Lets not forget that 'R' also lifts dead bodies AND equips whatever weapon they have to you. Whether you want it or not.
'R' has WAY too many functions. and if you try to rebind ANY function, ALL functions follow.

So NO, I do not want yet another function mapped to "R" that I cannot change.

How about "H", R might just keep reloading. Didn't know about double Alt. I just moved the wheel to hand icon which made you're character look daft.
I wish companies would tell you in the key binding section.

Double tap "Alt" - will put your weapon away. Not documented.

Yeah, they only tell you this quickly at the beginning of the game.

It works right about half the time unfortunately too. :( Other times it swaps weapons. Gets annoying.

Yes, for me it's also annoying trying choose the holster option in the radial menu. I'd rather not have to use the radial menu at all.

Top Bottom