Make Level Reward Cards a Choice

+
Make Level Reward Cards a Choice

When cards are given as a reward for leveling, I hate that it's random. Note, I am not talking about daily rewards for matches won (though I am tired of getting a First Light once a day for matches won, as it's not worth 15 scraps or 15 ore, but meh), but only for leveling up. IE, level 20, and others where the reward is a random Epic/Legendary, etc.

I think that you should get a choice of 3, just as you would from the 5th card in a keg. In CB, where the card was predetermined at certain levels (Roach, Decoy, Ciri) that was fine, because you could avoid crafting them if you knew they were coming. I just think that if you are going to reward someone for their efforts in reaching a milestone level, then you should reward them by making sure they get something they need.

Just a thought, but I don't think it would be difficult to implement.

Last edited:
I agree on this one. I would rather have keg to have scrap and possible legendary than only 1 card that can be anything

I totally agree. Feels really bad when my roommate got a Geralt when he reached 20. (and feels good that's not me :)
Anyway, receiving a gift you don't like is no fun, especially when you are told to expect that to be a surprise.

Why would they do that? It's less money that you would have to spend on kegs. Its the same reason why you have to play 200 games just to get 1000 worth of scrap from the "GG" alone.

Giving a choice from 3 cards is definitely the best choice.
ts better then having a predetermined card as in CB because u aviod crafting cards that u may need for ur deck just not to get it the second time from the lvl rewards.
Naturally its also better than just 1 random card because it gives u some flexibility.

I understand it sucks when cards you are getting from leveling aren't good or you already got them before, but they are still free cards and you can mill them for not bad amount of scraps.
I don't understand this 'legend drop is terrible' thing on forum. Have you ever played any other TCG ? I've played all popular ones and right now Gwent is the most f2p card game. Of course it can change with time who knows, but now you are getting cards from everywhere and I personally got enough legendaries or scraps to craft them to play good deck. I don't want to drop names but in other games sometimes legendary drop was so sh't that you had to pay to play good deck.
Compared to other games it is crazy that you are getting so much for daily playing, GGing and ranking up and when you add leveling and end of the season it is for sure enough. Choosing last card in keg is the best feature.
I will let you know before you get too sad that no free TCG gives you all collection just for playing moderate amount of hours each day. Most of the time it gives you possibility to play 1 or 2 top tier decks. You want all cards? So pay. It always works that way because it is their job so they have to sustain that, but still it is for now the most f2p friendly tcg.

Last edited:
This is very good idea!!!!
​​​​​​There are not many gold cards as a rewards, so I think level 20 reward should give you 1 of 3 random gold cards!!!

I hit level 20 last night. And I got Ermion. Probably because I made this suggestion, and the devs hate me.

frbfree;n8791110 said:
I think that you should get a choice of 3, just as you would from the 5th card in a keg.

This is a great idea! it will make getting a random card an actual cool random reward, cause to be honest in most cases it is just better to get other resources.

I would rather prefer choosable deck to get a random card that I might use at least, but I agree that 1 random card from all decks is a horrible RNG.

They are always the same rarity. I personally think CDPR are being insanely generous as it is. Obviously more wants more. But I think it is fine as it is. The fact that they even give you a legendary at level 20 is really good. you can still mill it if you already have it :)

Rawsomeo;n8849560 said:
They are always the same rarity. I personally think CDPR are being insanely generous as it is. Obviously more wants more. But I think it is fine as it is. The fact that they even give you a legendary at level 20 is really good. you can still mill it if you already have it :)

I agree with both the suggestions in this thread and what you said. CDPR is probably the most generous Card Game Developers at the moment. The fact that I can get a keg every day within 30 minutes and I'm never locked from getting the general every game GG reward is great.(cough* cough* Hearthstone)

But obviously a choice on the lvl 20 Card Rewards would be very welcome but I don't think anyone is being screwed by this at the moment. A free Legendary at lvl 20 is still a good amount of Scrap.

Top Bottom