Make "switch tracked objective" a bindable key

+
My keyboard has an AZERTY layout, which is why I bind moving forward to key Z instead of W.
Now, Z happens to also be the key which lets you switch between tracked objectives (like switch between main or optional) and cannot be rebinded to other keys.

Result: Whenever i move forward during missions with multiple objectives, I'm constantly switching objectives.
On foot I have to crabwalk sideways during those missions, by car I haven't found a solution yet, guess I can drive in reverse :sneaky:

This issue could be resolved by letting us bind "switch tracked objective" to other keys.

Yes please let us rebind the switch objective key. Same for the filter key of the map it also uses "Z" while for us "azerty" keyboard we use "ZQSD" instead of "WASD"

I found a Workaround.

Open the file : .\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml
At the line 508, you'll find :
XML:
<mapping name="CycleObjectives_Button" type="Button" >
    <button id="IK_Pad_DigitDown" />
    <button id="IK_Z" overridableUI="cycleObjectives"/>
</mapping>
Modify the third line, and change "IK_Z" by the key you want.
For my part I put "IK_Y", you'll get this :
XML:
    <button id="IK_Y" overridableUI="cycleObjectives"/>
</mapping>

I found a Workaround.

Open the file : .\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml
At the line 508, you'll find :
XML:
    <button id="IK_Z" overridableUI="cycleObjectives"/>
</mapping>
Modify the third line, and change "IK_Z" by the key you want.
For my part I put "IK_Y", you'll get this :
XML:
    <button id="IK_Y" overridableUI="cycleObjectives"/>
</mapping>

Thanks man, that really helped me :D

playing cp2077 just now and still...2 years later and they still didn't fix this. Azerty is pretty much the imperial system of keyboards but it still baffles me that they didn't fix it.

Yes please, we are now nearly 2024, and this issue is still there. CDProjekt, please, do something for AZERTY keyboard users. We need an option to bind a shortcut for "changing objective".
Best regards.

Q key moves left for AZERTY and this drops the corpse when you release the key, two features that disrupt the gameplay and the experience

Z key for moving forward for AZERTY, which switches the quest objective with each press of the key, and therefore the direction on the mini map

one more for Z key :

Last edited:
Top Bottom