Make The Witcher 2 modding great again.

+
I am so glad to see people interested ! Okay so now we must create a Wiki. How do we do it? On the same website that The Witcher Wiki? Also I am going to do a bit of advertising on mod forum for The Witcher 3.

---------- Updated at 11:42 AM ----------

Also I think that something cool would be to do a dictionnary. A place to explain terms and such. For exemple I never understood what a env is. Having an understanding of the vocabulary would be less frightning for some people.

Or maybe it would be better, to create totally new wiki about modding? Something like old RedKIT wiki.

Dictionary is good idea, but i don't have any idea, witch terms should be explained :D Please, write here something.
Env - environment. You are changing settings of your environment by changing parameters of Area Environment in RedKIT. There you can set your own fog, DOF (depth of field - that blur that occurs on background or on things that are far away from the player), Motion Blur, lights etc.

Basically I think we should make an explanation for every terms even basic one such as "layers". For such a dictionnary when we look at the redkit wemust ask ourselves "Is it really clear at firsight?" If it isn't it deserves to be the dictionnary. I think.

I agree with the new wiki idea. Although I don't know how to do such thing...

There are at least 10 fan adventures for TW2. Have you tried them all? Some of them have a lot to offer. Even in its unfinished state Lykaon is well worth a play.

I was writing a review list of all the TW2 adventures as I did for TW1, but I'm postponing it until Farewell of the White Wolf is out.

Wait what?.... I played many Fan Adventures for "The Witcher" but never seen an actual good one for TW2. Have you a link/Site?

Someone asked about tutorial topics. Mostly what I've seen in tutorials so far is how to create quest type mods. So there is a definite need for other types of popular mods.

- How to do mesh/texture replacers and standalone items for armor, weapons, actor models, hair, etc. (I.e., how to make your own custom armor, how to give Geralt a haircut, etc.)

- How to do things like overhaul stats for actors and items

All I can think of right now. Not enough coffee yet.

---------- Updated at 05:59 AM ----------

You are right here but i don't see it coming.

Regarding the redkit wiki I think that the best wiki sites for us could be wiki.wiki, gamepedia and wikia

Yeah - they're not doing it. Honestly, CDPR isn't the same company it used to be. Maybe we should start a Gofundme and offer to pay them, since money seems to now be the main motivator - not making a PC RPG for PC gamers.

I'll be honest I have unfortunatly important deadlines ahead in my work so I cannot handle the matter of the wiki page right now. I don't know anything about it and it's difficult for me to learn what I need to do right now. So anyone more familiar than me with this kind of stuff can feel free to handle this and discuss it here. Or you can wait for me to finish what I have to do. Could be a while though. And I reguraly have new stuff to do that could postpone my availability even further. So I know I launched this idea but right now I might not be able to help to carry it out...

I'll be honest I have unfortunatly important deadlines ahead in my work so I cannot handle the matter of the wiki page right now. I don't know anything about it and it's difficult for me to learn what I need to do right now. So anyone more familiar than me with this kind of stuff can feel free to handle this and discuss it here. Or you can wait for me to finish what I have to do. Could be a while though. And I reguraly have new stuff to do that could postpone my availability even further. So I know I launched this idea but right now I might not be able to help to carry it out...

Real life is always come first.

Hey maybe it is the wrong place, but one thing that would make the Red Kit great again is somone or something helping creating collision meshes. OK there are tricks but.... it takes time to build all collision with invisible meshes....
Nemo

Hey @Stollaro94
will try it and see how far I get.
I know there are also Tuts outside to get the specular map textures if the witcher 3 by unpacking it. Has anyone a idea?

Nemo

Edit: After reading it four times I got the trick you used! Very nice Tutorial!

Last edited:
I am so glad to see people interested ! Okay so now we must create a Wiki. How do we do it? On the same website that The Witcher Wiki? Also I am going to do a bit of advertising on mod forum for The Witcher 3.

---------- Updated at 11:42 AM ----------

Also I think that something cool would be to do a dictionnary. A place to explain terms and such. For exemple I never understood what a env is. Having an understanding of the vocabulary would be less frightning for some people.

I have to disagree with SMiki. Wikia is way easier and friendlier in creating templates. Also comunity is bigger than on gamepedia and if you’ve any problem you can contact me ;P

Would it be possible to have a vote on which site to use for wiki? I myself do not have any preference on which to use but it would IMO be better for it to happen sooner rather than later! I am eager to contribute to whatever site this turns out to be!

Top Bottom