Make Tokens Animated

+
Many people like me would like to see least our battlefield full of premium cards.
It is really a great pleasure and achievement to see premium cards spreading all over the battlefield.
It even helps me overcome the frustration of being on the losing streak.
However, token doesn't have animation. When playing with SK scenario or ST's, it is sad to see full of non-animated token filling my battlefield.
I reckon it might not be the top priority for CDPR to change.
But please consider to animate the token.

Wish all the best for CDPR.

Last I heard (dev stream in February) they did want to make tokens animated at some point in the future, but premiums are a lot of work and it isn't a priority.

I noticed this as well and it is annoying in general. It it's especially annoying when you play Savolla and the Frightener is a static gold premium.

I miss the old days when every card and token was premium. I am talking about you, Cynthia and The Guardian!

Breli

Forum regular
you have my full support good Sir! I would even be happy to pay with powder/real money for animated tokens (within reasonable limits ;)

Agree.
Thats pure laziness from their part.

to be fair to the team: I think this a matter of balancing scarce resources and setting priorities since it would literally do nothing to the game other than satisfying vanity players like me ;) ...

I believe Jason said at one point in time that animated tokens are not worth their time. That was some time ago and IIRC the last statements in this regard were more hopeful/positive ...

so please CDPR: give us the Chance to pay for our eye candy!

That is something that somehow, a lil bit, annoys even me and i say "even me" cause i play from a cheap @$$ Android phone and my fps go to hell when the board is filled with premiums, still i prefer having em animated than not.

Hello, I'm a months old fan of the Gwent game, and a huge fan of the Witcher series since W1: enhanced edition.

I wanted to suggest premium versions of tokens for gwent: if a premium card or a leader ability spawns tokens, they'd spawn premium (animated) tokens, otherwise they'd be their normal selves.
It's nothing more than a cosmetic concern, of course, but it could incentivize players to get premium versions of cards to get an "all premium deck".

I know cards like The Guardian had Savolla's Frightener had premium animation at one point in the games history.

I also remember when due to time crunches involved in the 4 expansion year of the wild boar, they elected not to animate tokens.

But I cannot remember why the choice was made to make all tokens non premium, including tokens that had existing premium animation.

Do any of the moderators or players remember if the premium animation was removed due to some glitch?

But I cannot remember why the choice was made to make all tokens non premium, including tokens that had existing premium animation.
Have they ever addressed that particular aspect in the first place? I don't remember anything like that, but I may simply have forgotten especially if it was a year+ ago.

(Arachas Drones still have a premium version despite having been turned into tokens. Or did in a video from a month ago, at least. A strange exception, especially considering they're swarmy so there tend to be many of them.)

Last edited:
I'd really enjoy animated tokens, that's too bad they are not while we got so gorgeous animation for regular cards. It doesn't seem a lot of additional work :(

I think tokens that are most spawned, most common ones should be first, like Zealots, Deadeyes, Recruits, Witcher kids, Crows and Rowdy dwarves.

It just makes a lot more sense to me to have 10 animated cards on the board (or over multiple rounds, spawned by different units) than just one like Frightener as some have suggested.

Well the reasoning behind Savolla's Frightener should be the main priority is that he doesn't really feel like one of those minion Tokens and is even more impressive (Gameplay wise) like Savolla himself who spawns him and that he should have been animated from the beginning.

If we go for personal preference I would probably pick my current profile picture, can't wait to see her chewing on her apple.
IMG_20210312_182615.jpg

Well the reasoning behind Savolla's Frightener should be the main priority is that he doesn't really feel like one of those minion Tokens and is even more impressive (Gameplay wise) like Savolla himself who spawns him and that he should have been animated from the beginning.

Kind of forgot about Phoenix Hatchling and the Djinn which also belong to the should have been animated from the beginning category.

Maybe i am wrong, but chorobash doesnt have premium version too, right?

Or its just me who doenst whant to spend pownder in that card? hehehe

I think the premium tokens should have some conditions to be premium, otherwise, people dont need to spend pownder, and of course, the devs dont whant it.

So, Frightener, for example, only be animated if savolla is premium.

The same for the cows, only animated if that card who spawns cows is premium.

For other tokens who has multiple spawns, the condition can be have a specific (and logic) card premium in your deck.

Example, for witcher students, has one of the legenary premium witchers of the last expansion (any faction) in your deck.

And so on

EDIT: i was thinking, or the condition can be simple the token its animated if the card who generate it its animated, but when i was thinking in the other condition i was thinking ir arachas swarm and deadeye ambush who play tokens without cards.

But to my mind, i think they are the only case the tokens apear without a card. Even the other SC tokens need a nature card to exist, so if the nature card its premium, the token will be animated.

So, its more easy the condition be simple, if the card who generate the token its premium, the token its animated and, of course, the tokens from leaders are premium too

Last edited:
Top Bottom