Make Vampires viable

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: https://i.redd.it/72drziodgga31.jpg

I haven't put Provision costs because I didn't have space on the card screen but I will give it to you here.

Feast of Blood: Provisions (6) - I saw that vampires don't have 6 provision cards and they lack synergy with Bloodmoon, so I added the row effect on a bunch of cards and added the tag "when on Bloodmoon" so you can be rewarded for having Bloodmoon on the field. Also, Bloodmoon has a new effect, instead "at the start" it's "at the end" of your turn. Also, there is so shenanigans with the Melee and Ranged row. On Melee Bloodmoon gives you 2 power, on Ranged gives you 1, It's up for debate if the Melee row should give more power, however, I don't have a platform to test the power of the mechanic.

Garkain: Provisions (5) - Straight forward card, which rewards you for stacking bleeding. The cards power is also up for debate if it should be 3 or less power, however I leave testing to the developers. Probably 3 is too much...

Queen of Night - Same provisions (8) - With the introduction of SY we saw the spread bleeding is the way to go so I think Vampires should do it even better than bandits! Also, spread bleeding compliments the new mechanics of the vampires!

Gael - Same provisions (7) - Added the bloodmoon effect because the bleeding effect is not enough and MO in general Don't have a lot of tools to set up 1 Power minion on the board, so while on bloodmoon Gael has that extra edge to be a semi-powerful card!

Crimson Curse - Provision (10) - The heart of the CC expansion, I think the effect, the visuals, the idea behind the Bloodmoon effect is great, in execution though it's a dead card, sometimes just losing you points! So to correct that I changed the tag to "at the end" of the turn I am not sure if that will be enough for the card to be good because it requires a lot of set up so I changed the Provisions to 10! Hopefully, this puts Crimson into a playable state

Fleder - Provision (6) - That's your buffy boy. The card that makes your thrives (if you run any) get value, usually you want to play the card on Bloodmoon and you can do that on almost any round now!

Nekurat - Same provisions (5) - I love the design of this card and that it has Order so I didn't want to change that factor, because it adds a consistent value and also a threat to the enemy, not like the other vampires! It's very good with the BM (Bloodmoon) [I will use the abbreviation]) but not too OP because it has the 5 Power strenght that makes it vulnurable to a lot of cards!
Plumard - Same provisions (4) - Because of the sheer amount of value Plumard gets on the turn it is played it needs to be low in strenght, also lore-wise it's a very weak vampire. However when Plumard is with friends it get's scary, so we want him to be weak alone so he can't get the Bonded value often, but when he does, oh boy... You are up for a beating! The bonded tag needs to be, in my opinion, stronger because you need some RNG to get both cards in your hand and even more LUCK for the minion to stick, so I think the situational application of the card balances out the effect. With BM that chance goes up quite a bit! So Bloodmoon helps out our Bonded cards as well, more synergies the better!

Alp - Same provisions (4) - Don't wanna brag, but I am very proud by the effect I came up with for Alp. That's our engine card in the deck that makes the enemies think about their life and decisions to make! On play this card is a weak 3 power unit, if it's unchecked, however it can provide a lot of value! I use the lower value of BM for the Ranged row that I explained earlier, so the deck doesn't feel unbalanced, Also Bloodmoon with Nekurat on Melee is too good! Alp extends, the duration of BM if BM is in play, and has extra value if BM is on the Row she is in!

Bruxa - Same provisions (4) - Some Bleeding synergies that makes you add to your deck cards Cutthroat and Undying thrist ( I buffed Undying thrist, it's not in this list) to - Give 2 enemy units bleeding for 2 turns! Thrive is not a mechanic I see Vampire should have or synergieses with, so if it's up to me I would change Katakan too, but for now I leave it with that, because it spawns vampires and that's enough for the vampire archetype!

Detlaff buff - I couldn't find an image that corresponds with the other cards, so I will just write it down. Detlaff ability I think should stay the same. Spawning Vampires is very good, with 2 BMs on both rows Detlaff gets a little bonus though! The ability:When you have BM on both rows your Order: Deals 2 damage instead.
I thought about spawning 2 Ekimmars to random rows, however, I think this will put Vampires over the edge of balancing, but it's up for consideration!So let me know what you guys think. Put a lot of effort and thought into this post! I hope CDPR gets an idea and makes them consider the identity of vampires, because I love the archetype and it's really sad in what state they are in! It's part of the first Gwent expansion, after all, let them be memorable!
~vickssan out
Post automatically merged:

For some reason, the picture with the changes is not uploading, If any moderator can help me fix this I would be grateful!

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, the picture with the changes is not uploading, If any moderator can help me fix this I would be grateful!

Generally, big images are put between spoiler tags, to prevent the thread from exploding. And this image is very big and can only be read in full size, meaning users would still need to open the image in a separate tab. Anyhow, I've embedded the image.

Generally, big images are put between spoiler tags, to prevent the thread from exploding. And this image is very big and can only be read in full size, meaning users would still need to open the image in a separate tab. Anyhow, I've embedded the image.
Thank you very much I will keep it that in mind when posting images ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom