Making a Monsters meme deck using fruits, kikomores and Mourntart. Any tips?

+
So, here's the deal; I'd like a deck, that's not completely useless in ladder, but it needs to be an absolute blast to play.

I've come back to Gwent recently and I have enough scraps to make literally anything right now, because I had almost all the cards, before they changed it from the classic Witcher-style Gwent to a more fleshed-out game, so cards are no problem.

Currently it looks like this and I'll explain as I list cards, so there's:

*Old Speartip - just a big body to force removal/give me a big body
Ciri: Dash - to force it's removal or give me a card advantage.
Cave Troll - to cover some of the cards, like Ciri or Ethereal, or even my kikimores
*Marching Orders - to draw Mourntart
Operator - to copy a kikimore, or any other bronze I might need
Ethereal - to copy itself over fruits and force a removal, or give me a lot of points
*Arachas Behemoth - to boost kikimores
Mourntart - to eat-up all the kikimore bodies at the end
Dulla & Runewright - these meme cards have good value, provided they don't mess-up. I use Penitent to draw the missing one.
Penitent - above
*Dorregaray of Yole - had a few issues with agressive control decks with damage-dealing units. I would replace this one, but I don't know what to replace it with.
*Artefact Compression - similar to above
*Epidemic - good value, if it hits a self-boosting 4-cost
*Kikimore Worker x2 - good value
*Chimera x2 - eat one kikimore = good value, because there's 5-6 of them. Also for eating Penitent.
*Noonwraith x2 - good value.
Kikimore Warrior x2 - meme card to eat fruit with and the base for my deck. I draw them really often as well!

As you can see, i'm missing a few cards, namely because i'm changing-it-up a bit. Can you help me? I adore making my own decks, that revolve around rarely-used cards and trying to be more successful with them, than some of the meta decks. It's a struggle, but it's fun. I have lost the overview over all the cards ingame, though, because I haven't played since Skellige had it's OP ship decks, that constantly dealt damage to everything, back when siege rows were a thing.

Help me MEME my opponents to oblivion :D

One of my favorite cards that could work well in your deck is She-Troll of Vergen (boost self by 2 when a unit is destroyed during your turn). Could go well with the consume/destroy aspect of your deck. Vran warriors do the same thing, but only boost by one. I don‘t see either of them very often, but I use them as stapels in almost every monster deck, as long as they are consume-heavy.

Maybe a purifier for doomed units.

I got Mourntart in a keg today and have been building a similar thing, except Im using OH

I'm currently sitting on 110.000 scraps, so I can build pretty much anything. Does purify work on "DOOMED"? Interesting. She-troll was too costly to use effectively, imo

I'm currently sitting on 110.000 scraps, so I can build pretty much anything. Does purify work on "DOOMED"? Interesting. She-troll was too costly to use effectively, imo
It works against anything expect Immunity in some cases, specifically purify units or specials which require you to interact with a unit. But I guess row purifiers such as Ceallach Dyffryn, Spring Equinox or Siegfried of Denesle which purifies all units should work on Immune units. Not 100% sure as I have not tried this, but in theory should work.

So lets say you have a bunch of Drones or Rats on your board and then you play Siegfried. It purifies all units and when the round is over, they go to your graveyard. If you can repeat this in another round, your graveyard will pile up and will give you a chunky Mourntart .

I've thought of playing with mourntart before, it's a good idea. I agree with @Madlax1992, creating a bunch of drones or rats and then purifying them should be the best way of getting a big graveyard for mourntart. Maybe something like this: Round 1: fill your board with 1 strength tokens, purify them all, eat them all with glusty, win. Round 2: bleed them with bad-ish cards, again purifying if you end up with many doomed things on your side of the board. Short Round 3: win with Mountart. Wererat might be something to look into, too, though I haven't used him.

Edited to add: misterhabbla1 did a deck around mourntart a long time ago, maybe there are some fun ideas you can take from that too:

Last edited:
I mean, i'd rather use Kikimores, beecause they're more meme-y to work with. Plus Equinox on a row of doomed Ethereal copies :D

Top Bottom