Making Epidemic Playable.. Maybe..

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Everytime I create a thread about an unplayable card I question myself "when there are 100s of unplayable cards why bother creating a thread for a single card?". I know it may be the same question you have too. But hear me out here :)

What if Epidemic has another condition/property saying "Destroy a 4P enemy unit. Increase the provision limit by 1 for each Epidemic card in your graveyard." Would you consider adding it (along with Triss to maximize the effect)? The first one plays for a near horrible trade-off, but the second one can be really good and with Triss, the third one can be even more devastating.

Just a thought.. Your thoughts are welcome.

Well, literally anything's better than what exists now. The current "Epidemic" will never see any play under any possible circumstance, period. Your revision couldn't hurt, and it certainly doesn't sound like it would ever be broken. I would at least try it out in a Scoia'tael Special deck.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I think it should be made into a gold card and have its effect changed to something affecting unit with same name/type.

Before the rework i imagined it something that could cause a chain reaction, like "damage the lowest unit by 2. Deathblow: repeat this effect". Might be too strong considering how many factions can swarm now.

A small tweak to the current effect i would make it "Destroy a unit with a 4 or less provision cost", this would make it useful against some of the tokens which cost 0.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Everytime I create a thread about an unplayable card I question myself "when there are 100s of unplayable cards why bother creating a thread for a single card?". I know it may be the same question you have too. But hear me out here :)

What if Epidemic has another condition/property saying "Destroy a 4P enemy unit. Increase the provision limit by 1 for each Epidemic card in your graveyard." Would you consider adding it (along with Triss to maximize the effect)? The first one plays for a near horrible trade-off, but the second one can be really good and with Triss, the third one can be even more devastating.

Your suggestion reminds me of crow's eyes, back in beta, which would boost a random unit on each row, then the following crows eye would boost by +1. I made meme decks where i would play 6/7 of those and would win the game.

(Sorry for going offtopic here, couldnt resist a bit of nostalgia)

And i agree, any change to that card would be welcome, even if it wasnt enough to make it popular.

• RED Point
I like the idea of making it spread disease (closest is obviously poison). Perhaps give poison to an enemy unit. Deathblow: give poison to all enemy units with power 1 or less.

My biggest problem with Epidemic, as a relatively new player is that I haven’t memorized the provision cost of most units yet, and I can find no way in game to see provision cost. Thus I can’t even tell which units epidemic will affect at any given point in the game. Crossing my fingers and hoping a card hurts my opponent more than it hurts me is not the way I want to play.

My biggest problem with Epidemic, as a relatively new player is that I haven’t memorized the provision cost of most units yet, and I can find no way in game to see provision cost. Thus I can’t even tell which units epidemic will affect at any given point in the game. Crossing my fingers and hoping a card hurts my opponent more than it hurts me is not the way I want to play.
You can right-click a card to see its prov cost.
Post automatically merged:

I like the idea, but 1prov increase seems a bit too weak. 2prov increase would probably be too much and would require Epidemic to cost 5 or 6. I think it would be better if the limit increased non-lineary: 4 - 5 - 7 - 11..... This way you can kill a gold card with Triss. (and test your luck with Aguara for game changing Epidemic :D )

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Top Bottom