Making Money, a Trader's Discussion regarding Night City

+
So we've heard of the black market of Kabuki, we know there are perks that make your crafted goods sell for better money, we've heard that there were pawn shops were you might be able to sell junk you didn't want, but have we heard if there are price variances from district to district, store to store, legitimate to illegitimate? Money people, I'm talking about the second linchpin of an RPG that only comes second after experience; yeah yeah, some of you may say the story comes first. However, if it was only about the story, then you'd read a book. You're hear to not only be some poor schmo on the streets, you want to be a cyber-god, the head of the Illuminati, the leader of your nomad clan, the gang leader that all gangs look up to, and that takes two things: Power, and Money.

So let's talk people, what do we know about the ability to trade, sell, buy, and swap items for money/eddies? Put it all out here and I'll edit the post to link the things we know under spoiler tags. What have we seen thus far that allows us to earn money?

1. You can sell crafted goods, for how much? who knows so far.
2. Basic loot selling. Do vendors give you better prices if you have a higher rep with their gang or group? Who knows...
3. Melee combat, betting on the fighting matches. We saw this in the twins melee battle that you can bet on it or raise the stakes. Can you milk this somehow or are they one and done?
4..... What else?

Not sure if it will carry over to in game, but the World of Cyberpunk discussed how things are more expensive in City Center and Westbrook than other parts of town. I think they were talking about drinks at the bar specifically.

Not sure if it will carry over to in game, but the World of Cyberpunk discussed how things are more expensive in City Center and Westbrook than other parts of town. I think they were talking about drinks at the bar specifically.

I wonder if it is possible to stock your inventory full of alcohol at a store in watson and then sell it to a store in city center?

EDIT: Probably shouldn't tell cdpr how we plan to cheese their economy...

Heh. Maybe. Would probably be a fairly boring way to make money. Also buying retail in one place and selling wholesale in another would ruin the profit margin.

I rather doubt CP2077 includes the game mechanics necessary for large scale commerce/trading.

You can (probably) drag stuff to a pawn shop, or MAYBE a shop that sells the same type of item. But buying/selling in bulk probably isn't modeled.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Contract rewards.

I think it should be the main source of cash for V. It is his/hers 'trade' after all. Being a mercenary, that is.

After that, probably spoils from said contracts.

Doing trade runs from one part of the city to another isn't something I'd personally be interested in doing in this game.

Spending that cash though..

I just hope the NPC`s who buy our stuff / junk have enough money to buy all of my stuff . Nothing worse thann running all around some City looking for venders because the last place didn`t have the money to buy all of it .

Well, the witcher 3 system of merchants only having a certain amount of money available for purchasing stuff was pretty believable.. Also conveniently sidesteps the exploit of collecting huge amounts of basic weapons from run-of-the-mill mooks and selling them en masse.

Last edited:
Yeah I dont mind in witcher that they have limited money. makes me aware that i cant just horde stuff and sell all and become super rich. but saying that, i always horde anyways, even in kingdom come. something so satisfying in selling the items and getting the most loot.

I'm actually interested in what you can BUY. nothing worse than having all that money and can spend on very little stuff. usually its stuff that we need to use to shoot and kill. i like it when i need to buy the gwent cards. its something other than food and guns. i know witcher u can buy alchemy stuff and magic parchments and what not but it still felt limited. I mean, i know we can buy new apartments, but can we also buy things like collectibles maybe? (and put in on the shelf in my apartment?)i know we need to pay for services maybe the combat cab. but what else? i like hoarding loot, but i do want to feel like i'm putting money into something. maybe invest in somekind of development to the city or kind of investment. kind of OT but i saw this topic and this came to mind.
how bout maybe we can buy a trade stall in the kabuki market and sell and buy stuff? idk. something. Like witcher have geralt had a wineyard. can we own, idk, a wine factory? a bit far fetch buy hey, something different.

Yeah I dont mind in witcher that they have limited money. makes me aware that i cant just horde stuff and sell all and become super rich. but saying that, i always horde anyways, even in kingdom come. something so satisfying in selling the items and getting the most loot.

I'm actually interested in what you can BUY. nothing worse than having all that money and can spend on very little stuff. usually its stuff that we need to use to shoot and kill. i like it when i need to buy the gwent cards. its something other than food and guns. i know witcher u can buy alchemy stuff and magic parchments and what not but it still felt limited. I mean, i know we can buy new apartments, but can we also buy things like collectibles maybe? (and put in on the shelf in my apartment?)i know we need to pay for services maybe the combat cab. but what else? i like hoarding loot, but i do want to feel like i'm putting money into something. maybe invest in somekind of development to the city or kind of investment. kind of OT but i saw this topic and this came to mind.
how bout maybe we can buy a trade stall in the kabuki market and sell and buy stuff? idk. something. Like witcher have geralt had a wineyard. can we own, idk, a wine factory? a bit far fetch buy hey, something different.

Why not invest in the pawn shop that buys all the extra stuff nobody needs?

Be a techie and turn that junk into gold!

I would also like to know some of these things. On the other hand, I do not.
Some things have to remain in the game that we do not know about. Wheres the mystery if we get all the information before the game is even released?

In-game economies are hard to do, at least I have not really found one that was perfect. In a game where you can make lots of money there is often nothing really expensive to buy.
I do remember in TW3 that some merchants would pay more for some items like pearls which I think is a good thing but I don't remember being able to exploit anything. The sell price was way below the asking price so reselling things never worked.
To have a perk that improves the sell cost of made items at the bottom of the perk tree is interesting; maybe money will be harder to come by.

"Corporations hate him. Local mercenary exposes shocking eddie-making secret using one simple trick!"

If I send you my credit card info do I get a CD or something?

I wonder if it is possible to stock your inventory full of alcohol at a store in watson and then sell it to a store in city center?

EDIT: Probably shouldn't tell cdpr how we plan to cheese their economy...
Lol
I love selling drugs and booze in game for maximum profit. Sounds like it will be another title where you can become filthy rich with a couple of addicts around willing to toss a few Eddie's.

I wonder if we will also be recording/selling braindance. We know you can buy some of them or find some of them.

I think I also heard something about robbing stores. Will be awesome to do some heists if possible.

But yes I like the way you think > will totally not exploit the game when possible....

Lol
I love selling drugs and booze in game for maximum profit. Sounds like it will be another title where you can become filthy rich with a couple of addicts around willing to toss a few Eddie's.

I wonder if we will also be recording/selling braindance. We know you can buy some of them or find some of them.

I think I also heard something about robbing stores. Will be awesome to do some heists if possible.

But yes I like the way you think > will totally not exploit the game when possible....

I doubt this is the sort of thing that CDPR is going for. This sounds more like GTA.
However, V is a mercenary, so they will be focusing on mercenary work for payment..

I doubt this is the sort of thing that CDPR is going for. This sounds more like GTA.
However, V is a mercenary, so they will be focusing on mercenary work for payment..

No I cant recall the source but it was confirmed that you can rob stores as I remember.
I feel like for street kid in particular this should be a valid way of making some extra Eddie's if you're willing to deal with the heat :D

I feel like for street kid in particular this should be a valid way of making some extra Eddie's if you're willing to deal with the heat
And the fallout from the neighborhood... and the ramifications of hitting a store paying protection to a gang... and finally the need to probably kill the store owner and maybe never get services there. In games I am always for stealing from unexpecting storekeepers, but holding up a place comes with some very real ramificiations. And by ramifications I mean a two barreled tech shotgun blast to the face (watch the trailer again*).

Top Bottom