Making Money, a Trader's Discussion regarding Night City

+
We've yet to see how crafting even works in this game, how schematics are to be handled and dismantling options, remember how expensive Grandmaster sets, runewrights and upgrading Crovo Bianco were in the expansion packs.

And the fallout from the neighborhood... and the ramifications of hitting a store paying protection to a gang... and finally the need to probably kill the store owner and maybe never get services there. In games I am always for stealing from unexpecting storekeepers, but holding up a place comes with some very real ramificiations. And by ramifications I mean a two barreled tech shotgun blast to the face (watch the trailer again*).

Guess you gotta shoot first then. :D

Guess you gotta shoot first then. :D

Just remember what happened to Han when he shot first... he won that fight, but ended up in carbonite. The premise of the story in cyberpunk 2077 is similar, you might shoot first, but chances are you are going to need some new metallic body parts (maybe a full borg) if you start crap with the wrong people. Remember, this isn't a superman comic where the good guys always win and there is always a good ending somehow, Night City can be brutal. I don't think I heard from a single journalist/play-tester that didn't die at least once. If they did, they played it very safe, but even then the wrong words in the wrong role-playing conversation can leave you with your head getting blown off.

In-game economies are hard to do, at least I have not really found one that was perfect.
I feel like they're never perfect IRL either.

My wish is to see some nice selling opportunities, honestly, being the exploring type of gamer I am. Prey (2017) and POSTAL 2, as well as POSTAL 4, are not really huge open worlds, but I spent hours and hours of exploring, searching for stuff to use and simply for things to see, to savor the work the devs put into the game. I even did it with DOOM (2016), which is NOT an open-world game. So my first goal with the early game is wandering around everywhere I can manage to get, all vertical and horizontal, inside Night City and out in the Badlands, only to either to sell all the loot found for some juicy eddies or use it myself.

Buying stuff cheap, then selling stuff for profit is something that I wouldn't really hope for, though, but that would be a welcome feature. Although I'm very skeptical about its relevance and viability given the nature of the game.

Can CDPR not nuke the ingame economy and allow us to sell items at full price.
That would be ideal. Am I wrong in thinking that the Witcher has a fixed amount of earnable money? At some point there are no more missions and selling most things was negligible due to the price drop.
I like being able to buy things that I can use, like horses in RDR2. I know we can buy cars so that seems like a good use of money.
Is there a fixed amount of money or will there always be some random side missions that we can do for cash? At this point I don't think we know.

Ohhh man, i am just so impatient about this game! It has been like an eternity since the game was announced. This side of the game is also really interesting in my opinion. I mean, in case the financial part of the game will be similar to the one we are having in GTA V for already 7 years, or like in Watch dogs, i will be very dissapointed. However the developers assured us everything will be great. I really liked the way someone said that there will be a lot things like good ideas for side hustles. That sounds awkward, but interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom