Male V vs Female V?

+

Who gave the better performance?

• Male V

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • Female V

Votes: 114 72.6%

• Total voters
Male is decent and gets the job done, Female is head and shoulders above decent though, but shes always been great so chalk it to experience

But as i've said previously i dont believe any problems are with the actors there with the ppl giving them direction and supplying, us the players, with the dialogue options.

Many times i was taken aback by what and how Female V said just as much as Male V

Many times what the dialogue option said wasnt what actually was said and definitely hardly ever was said in a tone i "imagined" it would be said, these problems weren't with the actors there with the ppl who pieced it all together and presented it as is.

I feel there was alot cut, a real lot, and what we got was the best they could put together

The female voice actor is without a doubt more experienced and emotional, and this is just from clips I've seen. Male V at times comes across as kind of sensitive and soft (and not just based on the conversation choices I make), and when he tries to sound tougher it does sometimes feel forced. But I actually like this about him as it reflects how I play the character.

Cherami Leigh was a good choice for female V.
The male voice actor seemed, ok. But more emotion from female V and for a story driven game, she plays her role better.

And esthetically speaking. If your going to put a ton of hours into a game, you might as well be looking at someone you find attractive. So +2 for female V

It's curious to me that people have this sense that only the male V is trying to sound "tough" while female V isn't.

For me, both of them speak with a deeper voice (than their natural tone) because both of them needed to make V sound tough.

But it's harder to notice in Cherami's voice, because her natural voice is naturally higher (at least that's the way it sounds to me, when I watch her interviews), and she probably trained a lot to make female V sound more natural in a deeper tone.

And for me it worked ok for both V's because the player is always dealing with fixers, club bouncers, thugs, psycopaths, assassins, and V regularly needs to push them for information, so it would be strange to talk in a higher pitch.

I played my playthrough completely in german and I really like the synchro they did as a whole. maybe a tiny hiccup here or there but neglectible. Played as female V, but also enjoyed all the voice actors. In comparison the german male V doesn't sound so "rough" as the english one though.

if you want and are interested, you may watch a comparison of english/german male/female (it's about 9 mins long)

if you want and are interested, you may watch a comparison of english/german male/female (it's about 9 mins long)

Thanks for sharing that -- that was interesting to hear. I think I prefer the German voices for several of the characters. (Ignoring for the moment that I wouldn't be able to understand them though.)

Hearing the video reminds me why I didn't like the English male V voice. It sounds to me like Dennis Leary trying to "do cyberpunk".

I think the female V VA was better in most regards. Her inflections and emotions for the most part were more on spot at least for me. The male V sounded very wooden, overly gruffy/trying to sound badass and really took away from the experience for me. It's not terrible but I can tell they are lacking in experience.

I know it's a personal thing for most people but just my opinion. I usually like playing as the guy in games but the voice was just too much for me here. I'm thinking of doing my third playthrough as a male V just for the romance options but I can't commit to it yet.

She didnt voice nora in FO4, that was the lassie who voiced jack in mass effect

Fem V is A2 from Nier Automata, only thing i know her from myself tbh
Jack! Love that voice actress and Jack was a standout in ME. Also, Cherami Leigh is Asuna from english dub of Sword Art Online. I was excited when I saw her name and even more impressed when I heard the fem V voice because of that.

Jack! Love that voice actress and Jack was a standout in ME. Also, Cherami Leigh is Asuna from english dub of Sword Art Online. I was excited when I saw her name and even more impressed when I heard the fem V voice because of that.

Yeah jack was great, im reminded of her often in CP when i've got ppl shouting "i will destroy you" in combat lol, she also did a great job in fallout 4 in my opinion aswell tbh

Played the game as male and as female V.

No clue why but Female V feels alot better and more fledged out in literally everything.

Male V's voice is honestly terrible to me. What's even more terrible, is that there weren't multiple voice options.
I belive it's...decent. I wanted to make a male black voodoo netrunner character with Mufasa voice, to be able to use the freaky facial scars, but alas, the voice and the character didn't match. Multiple voice options would have been preem.

I chose female V.......but gameplay wise, I don't think there is much diff...but romance wise there is

Male romance options in Cyberpunk 2077:

• Panam
  • Kerry
Female romance options in Cyberpunk 2077:

• Judy
  • River
Male and female romance options in Cyberpunk 2077:

• Meredith Stout (fling)

Gotta say they both started to grate on my nerves after a while. And I'm not seeing why one was better than the other, both were about the same for effort and quality.

Personally (and this is just my opinion) in games where you can build your character differently each time I don't think there should be a voice actor, because the voice is the same every time. To me that doesn't make sense, many faces....same voice. I dunno, it's weird to me. Games like the Witcher with a set character, it's ok you can do voice acting. Maybe if you could change the pitch or turn your characters voice off. Maybe mods will address this.

Top Bottom