Male V vs Female V?

+

Who gave the better performance?

• Male V

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • Female V

Votes: 114 72.6%

• Total voters
man, this thread and responses are making me lowkey insecure about actually liking Male V lol

Female V.

Nails the voice acting for a street kid.

I think Male V plays it far too neutral for the dialogue, which strongly favours the street kid vibe.

That said, in key moments both voice actors are superb.

I never put much attention about behind the scene thingy, out of curiosity I checked who is behind Fem-V voice. Hard to believe that Fem-V VA original voice is soft, I mean really feminine... In game V voice is more deep, totally fit for her merc character.
You want hard to believe? Thing I knew her best from was English dub of Sword Art Online! I could not think of a more different voice lmao

uhm Im on my third playthrough (1st male nomad, then male Streetkid and now corpo female) and gotta say i kinda regret the first two playing as male lol, the random yelling he had kinda took me out of it

but has anyone made the point that hes obv not american tho?

man, this thread and responses are making me lowkey insecure about actually liking Male V lol
I get you. I am totally in love with male V and as someone who lived around a lot of people with similar accents to him I can say whole heartedly that to me it doesn't sound remotely "forced." I do think that it is incredibly gruff, but I believe that for my ears that derives much more emotion than female V. I totally respect everyone else's input but seeing the same regurgitated line of his voice sounding "forced" makes it feel as though they don't like the voice but don't know why(which is fine to admit). Both voice actors are absolutely phenomenal but for me male V had a performance that genuinely made me love the game that much more and all thats really all that matters.[/QUOTE]

I played both.
Some dialogues male V is better, some female V is better.
But in general, due to the tonality and emotion, female V is overall better.
I also think that male V's voice is a bit too low.

English Version: Fem V

German Version: Male V

So which version I'm playing depends on if I'm playing my female Corpo V or my male Nomad V.

I prefer the (german) male V because the german voice is the same from (german) Bucky from Capt. America.

I get you. I am totally in love with male V and as someone who lived around a lot of people with similar accents to him I can say whole heartedly that to me it doesn't sound remotely "forced." I do think that it is incredibly gruff, but I believe that for my ears that derives much more emotion than female V. I totally respect everyone else's input but seeing the same regurgitated line of his voice sounding "forced" makes it feel as though they don't like the voice but don't know why(which is fine to admit). Both voice actors are absolutely phenomenal but for me male V had a performance that genuinely made me love the game that much more and all thats really all that matters.
[/QUOTE]

I feel the same. Never quite understood the "forced" part, and him sounding somewhat gruff actually appealed to me, since its just a different spectrum of emotion. I really enjoyed my playthrough with Male V and hope mr. Gavin Drea will come back to do more!

I would break up there performances into sections. Male V is better at interacting with Johnny more than Female V. I think Female V trying to stop Johnny from going with ALT, went too far. Male V is better at doing standard conversions. Female V is better at getting the emotions down. When the scene requires her to switch from being regular and than angry. This is probably due to her able to get directions from nothing in front of her. More than Male V. She does more voice work.

I do per se always play female characters, but I did do a single play-through with the male voice.

The female voice is VERY good indeed. The male lacks some volume somehow. Maybe a bit deeper even?

I tried both. But after failing to do a proper Deckard I trashed my Deckard Timberlake save and went full female V.

Haven't regretted it one bit. Both voice actors did a phenomenal job, but I like the interactions/relationships between certain characters better if V is female, for example: Jackie's, Johnny's, Takemura's, etc.

Fem V has more emotion and at a few better dialogue responses.
Male V feels like he just walked out of college. Plus the whole "one man alone" thing in games always reminds me of this scene

Top Bottom