Managing Expections: A Critique of This Forum... kinda?

+
It think some of the passion ( complaining ) comes from people here being long time PnP players and their dreams of what CP could / would be . Now CRPR didn`t help by giving us long periods of complete silence , where people grasped every bit of info they could get . Some of this lead to wrong conclusions of just where the game was heading . At times i am surprised by the amount of criticism CDPR and the game gets from their fans but i think it comes from passion for the project . I understand the FPP vs TPP because some people get motion sickness .

I freely admit i am a homer , i DO think TW3 was the best game ever ! I went out and pre ordered CP2077 ( something i never do ) . My hype has gone up and down with the information flow and i am still excited like a little kid waiting ( not all that patiently ) for November to come .

Hello everyone! I may not be very known in the Cyberpunk community, But I've been watching both these forums and CDPR forums along with watching the discord chats and it seems to be the community has a bit of a problem on its hands regarding general hype and what this game is supposed to be.

When dealing with a game that is as highly anticipated, You need to be careful at managing your own expectations and what the game is going to be like. This game is ground-breaking and amazing but it isn't going from 3D to VR in the sense of expectations of how much it will change gaming. A good example is when Fallout 4 was coming out the game got hyped up to be the second coming of jesus for a lack of better words. Then when the game out people realized the game wasn't what it was hyped up to be, Simply because there expectations were way too high to enjoy the product that was given. CDPR has done an amazing job at trying to manage the hype for the game and apart of managing the hype is on the community. Managing your expectation is vital, For the simple fact of if its too high then no matter what you won't like the game when it comes out. This game has everything ahead of itself to being GOTY and expectations do come with that but, When you start watching the gameplay footage, And you see graphical pop-ins and melee combat that looks a bit stiff of course you're going to be shocked. You expected this game to be perfect and your seeing that it isn't perfect. No game will ever be 100% perfect and it will always have its pros and cons. But its very important we know what this game is going to be and what the expectation should be.

First and fore-most Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG, Not a first person shooter, Or a looter shooter. You should not expect the combat to behave as such. The game is clunky because it has to balance around 50 - 75 different play-styles and make sure they are all balanced. Certain features that have been cut such as wall-running for balance and logistical gameplay reasons. Maybe they felt as if it was too OP or that it just wasn't meant to be in because of how the level design is. Something that alot of people forget is many things in game-development are cut, tens of hundreds of ideas are cut. And us the consumer will never know that it is cut because other companies aren't as open as CDPR. We are very lucky to have a company such as CDPR. If they get rid of a few featues such as wall-running etc, Is justifiable when you consider what this game is. It is an RPG, It will never be a First Person Shooter. Or a Looter Shooter. RPG's are known for having clunkier game-play than those two genres. If a major cut happened such as driving. People would freak out and they would be justified in doing so seeing at it's a main selling point of the game. Wall-running on the other hand isn't. It's a feature and a pretty small one to say the least so there isn't much room to complain about it being cut.

Wrapping up this entire post, Alot of people in the community needs to lower there expectations to a more level headed approach, And realize that this game isn't anything BUT an RPG. If you came to Cyberpunk expecting something else then you won't get it and should refund the game or give it a try to see if you like RPG's when it does come out. I hope everyone has a good time when the game comes out and I hope to see you all here soon!

Top Bottom