Manor Lords [Upcoming]

+
One of the few where I really played "a lot", but it's old
I've great respect for older games -- having played a few myself, back in younger days, when they were new. In fact, one of my favourites is Lords of Magic, even though it now looks a bit pitiful, by today's standards.

I hate to say it, though, but old graphics have become rather a stumbling block for me, aesthetically, after being spoiled by Witcher 2's and Witcher III's visuals. I've tried to get into some of the 'classics', such as Age of Wonders, or Heroes or Might and Magic, but found that, since I've none of the nostalgia, or early memories, associated with these games, I couldn't really 'get into them'. Ah, well, I suppose the damage is done. That's partly why I've been on the lookout for a more modern mediaeval/fantasy strategy game.

I hate to say it, though, but old graphics have become rather a stumbling block for me, aesthetically, after being spoiled by Witcher 2's and Witcher III's visuals. I've tried to get into some of the 'classics', such as Age of Wonders, or Heroes or Might and Magic, but found that, since I've none of the nostalgia, or early memories, associated with these games, I couldn't really 'get into them'. Ah, well, I suppose the damage is done. That's partly why I've been on the lookout for a more modern mediaeval/fantasy strategy game.
Yep, I also don't know if I could really replay those "old" games "really" and not just to see how it was. I couldn't spend days on a Settlers map, that's for sure... In any case, that's "good" memories.
Like now you said that, Heroes of Might and Magic II & III, that reminds me many (a lot) sleepless nights... I want my Azure Dragon army !!! :D

Goddamnit. Not a fan of strategy games, but my urge for a KCD sequel is suddenly super-strong. Arrrrgh.

I shall alert my sons, though. Oh, wait, James is already aware and excited. "Like Total War but on a smaller scale, mixed with city building."

Well, he's happy. Me, I still want KCD 2.

Apparently this is done by one man? Impressive.

Goddamnit. Not a fan of strategy games, but my urge for a KCD sequel is suddenly super-strong. Arrrrgh.
Hah. Glad to hear it!
James is already aware and excited. "Like Total War but on a smaller scale, mixed with city building."
That's encouraging, indeed. Medieval Total War devoured hours of my life, long ago -- days-at-time.
1625614767252.png

That caught my eye, too. Most impressive. I've sent him a short note, wishing him well, and expressing interest in the project.

Looks impressive. Honestly looks a bit like I had hoped AOE 4 would look like instead of the weird comic graphics we actually got. I'll keep an eye on it.
Post automatically merged:

On a nine months old youtube video it is written by the official channel: "Thank you! The team is slowly building up, hopefully it will become more official after EA." So I assume there are multiple people working on it.

Last edited:
Well well well, did someone mention building? This does look interesting = ) Not usually a huge strategy game fan, but so far this one seems interesting.

Top Bottom