Manticore Armor Looks Different on NG+

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manticore Armor Looks Different on NG+

http://imgur.com/a/oxYnZ

I went through all the missions to get this armor set because in all the promotional screens and stuff it looked SUPER badass. I was really excited when I FINALLY scraped up enough money to buy it and when I put it on it had this ugly chain mail. I thought I must have made a mistake or it was a glitch because it completely messed with the original simple design that I found so appealing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4luub2/manticore_armour_has_two_appearances/

I looked it up to see if other people were having this issue and I haven't found one person who thinks the armor looks better with chain mail. Just be wary, if you're on NG+ and don't like this look whatever you do DON'T spend hours collecting the funds to craft it. CDPR, can you PLEASE allow NG+ players to craft the simpler looking design? I know it's the smallest thing but it would make a huge difference.

"I was looking forward to the leather version as it is the closest to Witcher 1 but I'm well into NG+ (lvl 66). Bummer. "

"That is odd, I'm not liking the chainmail on there either."

"Has to be a glitch."

"I am inclined to think that it is a glitch, because that chainmail texture is pretty terrible."

"
I hope this is a glitch because that looks fucking horrendous"

"it looks REALLY shitty with the chainmail."

"I hope there will be some mod and Manticore Armor will be without that fcking ugly chainmail..."

It just sucks because I was really looking forward to getting Geralt's original armor and if I want it I have to restart the entire expansion and throw away 100+ hours of progress made during the main storyline. By the way this expansion is fucking incredible.

Last edited:
the chainmail just appears suddenly? you don't craft it?

i don't like the look of the chainmail on this armor, this armor doesn't need it,

Last edited:
maybe a modder can remove the chainmal
Hopefully... this really bummed me out. Geralt doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that wears super lavish armor with studs and chain mail out the wazoo. (I'm looking at you, mastercrafted Wolven armor) I think he seems more natural when he's wearing light and simple designs. Save the crazy stuff for the knights of Toussaint :D

Last edited:
Picture quality is god awful but I do agree the armour doesn't need chainmail. I guess its CDPR being too lazy to make a full set and going with the viper gear route like last time. Pretty pathetic.

Picture quality is god awful but I do agree the armour doesn't need chainmail. I guess its CDPR being too lazy to make a full set and going with the viper gear route like last time. Pretty pathetic.

Honestly I don't even care if they don't make a full set. I just want them to allow us to remove that gross chain mail.

Honestly I don't even care if they don't make a full set. I just want them to allow us to remove that gross chain mail.

It's a fairly simple process to make the NGP variant to look the same as the original.
For PC players that is.
RIP.

Please give us the option to change it on consoles. There is no other armor in the game that looks different on NG+, so it was really irritating to have spent hours doing the missions and most of my fortune in-game to craft the set only to get an ugly looking version without any warning.

I actually like this newgame+ look looks pretty nice better then the version when u start the witcher 3 in the main menu :)

Personal preference aside I really dislike that there was really no way for us to know about the alternate appearance until after we spent the thousands of gold to craft it (whole set with swords cost me more than 30k). If I had known about this appearance I definitely would not have wasted all that money. It was really disappointing and kind of took the air out of my playthrough ofan otherwise great DLC.

That doesn't help those of us on consoles

Last edited:
Personal preference aside I really dislike that there was really no way for us to know about the alternate appearance until after we spent the thousands of gold to craft it (whole set with swords cost me more than 30k). If I had known about this appearance I definitely would not have wasted all that money. It was really disappointing and kind of took the air out of my playthrough ofan otherwise great DLC.

That doesn't help those of us on consoles

That is unfortunately a problem on CONsoles that will never be fixed - you are at the mercy of the developers.

I havnt gotten to the DLC yet but im playing on my NG+ and missing out on this armor would be a real bummer.

Wait how to you get this armor in B&W? Please don't tell me I won't get it because I didn't played it on NG+ save. Because I started playing B&W as a "stand-alone" new game.

i like the added chainmail (not better but i liked it) i just didnt like how it looks so burned/greasy. i was also really disappointed that i could ONLY have that version. why wasnt that an upgraded version that we had the OPTION to craft after crafting the original like all the others?

my favourite wolf armour is the enhanced (before all the arm belts happen) so i simply stopped there and enjoyed my studded jacket. why couldnt we do this with the legendary manticore armour?

BTW im a console player so please dont suggest mods to me. im just stating my opinion and possible fixes the devs could do.

It's not the the chest piece, the entire armour set has been altered, the boots are plated, the colour on the pants and boots has been altered, the pants have also been plated and the gauntlets have been studded and changed. this whole NG+ set feels like it was changed for the sake of changing it, and that's why it does't work.

I feel the exact same way, spent almost my entire fortune on this set only to end up with something that feels like false advertising. I've noticed this with a lot of outfits since the last patch, a lot of things that we once a black leather are now brown and a lot of the pants cloth colours have been altered too. Legendary Enhanced wolven gear for example.

Would GREATLY appreciate this being corrected. Just add the original Manticore set in with the same exact stats and just allow us to craft that separately, so that anyone who actually enjoys the NG+ models can keep those too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom