Manticore Venom epitomizes the meteorite problem

+
I invite you to go check out the premium animated version of this card. See how long it takes you to differentiate it from the base version. No lie, it took me 30 seconds to figure out how it was even animated at all. The cost to get this "animation" is 400 meteorite powder or who knows how many Reward Points now.

If this is what CDPR thinks players should now have to work 3x harder for, they are fooling themselves. These cards don't magically become more valuable because meteorite powder is now harder to come by, that is faulty economic reasoning. And there is no way this decision is going to bring in new players (and most likely will discourage some players cause them to leave the game).

In my opinion the problem is simple. The rewards and premium content in this game that players are to either put in time or money to acquire is poor and behind the times. A version of the same card one already has but with a minor repeating animation, sure that might have worked 5 years ago to entice players, but that is completely commonplace now. The avatars, borders, banners - all nearly meaningless. How about some actual animations; like the characters not just 'stuck in a card' but live on the gameboard and interacting with each other, or revolving animations that change over seasons, or even just higher quality than the nonsense that is Manticore Venom. This game has potential but this development team has zero strategic ability and the consumers just are interested (right now there are 900 viewers of Gwent on Twitch... 900...aka complete irrelevance). Put some people on this project that know what they are doing or contract the IP out.

How about some actual animations; like the characters not just 'stuck in a card' but live on the gameboard and interacting with each other, or revolving animations that change over seasons, or even just higher quality than the nonsense that is Manticore Venom.
I wonder if you know just how much work goes into premium cards. They discussed it during beta, and it was clear that a LOT of work goes into the animations (plus sound effects). Expecting more than that, especially when using a single card as an argument, is just inconsiderate and demanding.

Yeah, there are some premiums whose animations aren't particularly flashy, but for every such card there are dozens of amazing premiums. So it really doesn't even matter, especially since premiums do literally nothing except look nice.

The avatars, borders, banners - all nearly meaningless.
They're cosmetics, they're not meant to have a meaning beyond customization. Some people like them and the variety they offer, some don't.

If these "premium" cards are requiring a lot of work, then CDPR is devoting resources to the wrong tasks. The game is not very popular so there is no evidence that these "premium" cards are adding enough commercial value.

That's just not true. If the premium cards were not a big deal, nobody would care about the meteorite powder change.

That's just not true. If the premium cards were not a big deal, nobody would care about the meteorite powder change.
People on this forum might care about the change for various reasons but there are two things to note about that. One, people on here are probably way more interested in the game than your average player/potential player, and two, some of the reasons people on here might be concerned about the change do not indicate the game is doing well. I'm concerned about the change because I am skeptical the game even has a large enough player base to be viable and that this change is only a rather desperate move to get more money out of the current player base to even keep this thing going.

If these "premium" cards are requiring a lot of work, then CDPR is devoting resources to the wrong tasks.
That makes very little sense. If no one made premiums there would be no premiums.

And, again, you're using a single card as an argument while ignoring the fact it's only very few premiums that are like that. You're also stating opinions as facts ("trinkets are meaningless") and using them as arguments.

My argument is that since the user base is small, all the resources CDPR devoted to making these "premium" cards wasn't a wise decision. Obviously everything I say is only my opinion, if they are striking you as facts, then maybe they are effective points.

CDPR is you are reading this, God Bless you guys and thank you for giving us quality content, fantastic artwork, and a great game! I've found your reward system to be very generous!

Top Bottom