Mantis Blades / Gorilla Fists scale way, way too poorly.

+
There is almost no reason to use them past level 20. I am level 50 with 20 Reflex and 20 Cool and they only hit for a few thousand. Meanwhile a Blue Katana I had from over 10 levels ago hits twice, sometimes three times as hard.

Gorilla Fists are the exact same. 20 Body, 20 Cool and they're awful. Better to use just a simple wrench. Bizarre this super technologically advanced implant can't beat a damn wrench...

Katana also doesn't lock you into terrible animations (Kill Cam) when you heavy attack and a further 1 second of immobility after the kill cam like Mantis Blades do with that awful grab / execute. Because of this you either cannot use Heavy Attacks or risk getting killed in a six second animation of complete immobility or simply not use Heavy Attacks at all, limiting your gameplay severely.

I can't be the only one severely disappointed with them, right?

Yep, there was few threads about that animation (BTW you don't even have to use heavy attack to trigger it). And I don't use mantis blades just because of that.
And I also noticed that at my lvl 35 they became even more useless cause my black unicorn katana makes much more damage plus have some extra effects.

BTW you don't even have to use heavy attack to trigger it
God, that's cancer. I knew this was correct, but never confirmed it since I stopped using them myself, but I kept flying around at people, getting locked in that stupid animation then taking all this damage. Thought I just kept pressing Heavy Attack.
Post automatically merged:

if you think those are bad just look at how badly gimped the monowire is
What are they like? I've never used them.

Last edited:
Monowire have aoe attack and you can trip people with it, plus it is range attack.
Also Monowire and Monowhip are weapons in Cyberpunk TT, sharp whip like weapon, why would they ever be use as hacking tool ? would you attack people with your cable that connect you with jack in terminals ? no you would dmg it to fast.

With Mantis Blades when you do animation i think you are dmg immune.

Gorilla arms are only good for the fist fights, Mantis arms and monowire were supposed to have extra functionality, but it didn't make it to the final game. The wrist launcher is the best arm chrome by far.

You don't get any use out of the, ferinstance, electric blades on mantis or anything like that? I had thermal for a while until i found the electric, but I swapped them out for the Gorilla arms when I wanted to do the boxing matches.

I'm currently level 29 and have barely any perks that support the arms (because the perks screen is SUPER UNCLEAR about the perks affecting the arms as well as "blunt weapons" and i'm only just now starting to take them). What are you fighting? I'm on Hard, and I can easily rush in and trash small groups of the outerworld crime gang jobs (assault etc) with just the arms. My armor and health aren't super high either.
Post automatically merged:

it didn't make it to the final game
i am really getting sick of that phrase fast

CDPR, if you're reading any of this, I hope you realize what a spitshow trying to push any DLC will be with the game in this state. The cut content is well known far and wide at this point. Do yourself a huge favor and restore some of it before you tweet out an advert for more money.

sad and ironic that this is what it's come to, focused around a game whose central themes are corporate greed and human short-sightedness

Not to mention just being different animation melee weapons. What happened to ripping open doors with Gorilla Arms? It even says it in the description, but it doesn't even reduce the Body required for Body Checks.

Hmmm, folks have mentioned you are damage immune during the animation. Chances are you're either getting alphaed by groups as the animation finishes, or the immunity is removed on Very Hard which would be the most boneheaded thing ever but.... here we are. (I'm playing on Hard.)

One thing is clear, the overall tuning and balance of the game is nonexistent. Getting real tired of bullet sponges. It's 2020, this was supposed to be some amazing breakthrough game, and we still have "difficulty == bullet sponges have nice day." Bah.

My multiple cores weep at the lack of advanced AI. Or rudimentary AI. I'd settle for Artificial Dimwittedness at this point.

You don't need to use that long animation :D Gorila arms as Monowire use all Street Brawl skills, Mantis Blades use all Blades skills.

You don't need to use that long animation :D Gorila arms as Monowire use all Street Brawl skills, Mantis Blades use all Blades skills.
Sorry, this is unclear -
- folks have said the long animation happens automatically. Is there a way to avoid or prevent it?
- Monowire uses Street Brawl skills, really? Does this mean it uses every perk that says it affects "blunt" weapons? Coz the whole point of a monofilament wire is to be, like, the opposite of blunt

they are still fun to use situationally, but i avoid using the blades in groups. mostly just kill single targets or i spots were i know i can go into cover after a leap attack. the grab animation is ridiculous especially when you cant control it.

Hmmm, folks have mentioned you are damage immune during the animation.

True. The problem is AFTER the animation, there is a whole second of complete immobility. You are stuck in this odd frozen state. The Kill Cam and Animation is over, and you just sorta... stand there. Doing nothing. And the invincibility frames do not protect you here.

Wow, that's just... wow. I mean the description of the blades says "devastating against a single target" or some such, but how many times do you face a single target? And it's not like I can swap them out on the fly. Besides which I don't understand how someone can work on the system for these blades and not see them as an AoE whirlwind. Or at least the assassin get in / strike / disappear sort of gameplay.

It smacks of new, inexperienced devs who are more impressed with the SUPER COOL POSE I JUST MADE then thinking about PLAYER EXPEIRENCE.

- folks have said the long animation happens automatically. Is there a way to avoid or prevent it?
- Monowire uses Street Brawl skills, really? Does this mean it uses every perk that says it affects "blunt" weapons? Coz the whole point of a monofilament wire is to be, like, the opposite of blunt

You get Mantis Blades Finisher in two way if you hold down RMB and hit a target or if you do sprint attack on enemy.
Monowire get street Brawl skills and they raise it, yes it is stupid since Monowire is cuting weapon and not blunt, Cool stat raise Monowire DMG.

Hmmm, folks have mentioned you are damage immune during the animation. Chances are you're either getting alphaed by groups as the animation finishes, or the immunity is removed on Very Hard which would be the most boneheaded thing ever but.... here we are. (I'm playing on Hard.)

One thing is clear, the overall tuning and balance of the game is nonexistent. Getting real tired of bullet sponges. It's 2020, this was supposed to be some amazing breakthrough game, and we still have "difficulty == bullet sponges have nice day." Bah.

My multiple cores weep at the lack of advanced AI. Or rudimentary AI. I'd settle for Artificial Dimwittedness at this point.

Where are these bullet sponges? Cause I'm killing everything with 1 hit.

Juyo

Forum regular
Also, there's no way I've found to upgrade your Mantis Arms (or presumably Gorilla/Monowire) via crafting like you can other weapons/armour, so you can't even scale them with your level. I have to say I've not noticed any particular issues with the damage output from 'blades, but the inventory screen DPS indicators don't show me how much damage I can expect with them equipped so it's hard to say - stuff dies when I go slish-slash, so that's okay. The animations need work though, most definitely, they don't fit the fantasy to me and make melee combat feel stilted.

Also, there's no way I've found to upgrade your Mantis Arms (or presumably Gorilla/Monowire) via crafting like you can other weapons/armour, so you can't even scale them with your level.

That's my biggest issue thusfar. Why the hell can't I work on them myself as a Techie? I have 20 Tech and I can't even tamper with them a little? Really?

CDPR, if you're reading any of this, I hope you realize what a spitshow trying to push any DLC will be with the game in this state. The cut content is well known far and wide at this point. Do yourself a huge favor and restore some of it before you tweet out an advert for more money.

sad and ironic that this is what it's come to, focused around a game whose central themes are corporate greed and human short-sightedness
So many have been trying to drive this point home on these forums and for the first week I feel like the majority of people, the normies were stuck on how bad the bugs and glitches were and how pretty the game looked. Now that the dust has settled and the normies are looking a little deeper they're starting (have been for a few days now) to see how deep the problems really go with this game. Such issues as my Mantis Blades/Gorilla Arm mods not working/showing up etc but the scratches on the surface.

Top Bottom