Many needs too calm down now is the time CDPR needs support from its fans

+
I see where you're coming from. But... CDPR put out this whole thing saying they were sorry about the disappointment, about them fixing the game, and when expected updates/patches are expected to come out; pretty sure they were saying 2 of them between January and February. I don't think the whole thing with a pandemic going on made things any easier for them. They probably can't work/collaborate as easily or effectively since they're not able to be near each other. On top of that, the people who wanted to play the game were starting to get annoyed since they CDPR kept pushing back the release date. Might've put pressure on them. Stressed them out a bit. Unlikely but possible. They could've pulled a Bethesda and said pretty much nothing about it and done nothing about it (I'd rather have my tits ripped off than play Fallout 76. Ruined my view on pretty much every Fallout game). But the fact that they said they're going to fix it earns a bit of respect. I think in this case it's kind of a 2 way street. We give CDPR our input and support their efforts in fixing it however we can. They keep us posted on what they'll fix next, when patches should come out, delays, etc.
They literally only addressed the bugs and console performance issues. Nothing that affects my experience with the game. They haven't addressed anything that I'm actually concerned about. And I have definitely made my point on this forum over the few days.
And no I didn't mean that they must have seen me, I mean I'm not going to repeat myself here.

But to address your other points, the game has been announced 8 years ago. According to rumors the actual development hasn't started until 4 years ago. It is clear that the game had higher up mismanagment from the getgo. The game was suppose to be shipped already just about COVID was having it's first peak. Meaning if they would have had a solid strategy, it shouldn't have been a problem.
I am not angry at the developer team at all. I think what good is in this game is because of their passion and hard work. I'm angry at the company as a whole and for clearly making very anti-consumer decisions in the last couple of years.
Post automatically merged:

Funny and yet Activision and EA continues to get support but CDPR slips up and all of a sudden the world is going to end.

Stop being so damn dramatic.
Those companies definitely don't have my support. And that is becasue those companies are lost cause. We are being "dramatic" here because we want to voice our clear concern and avoid CDPR going down the same path.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, just read that Sony just pulled the game from it's Playstation store.

When Sony pulls a game from the store, you know it's bad.
Ouch... well at least we know the pressure is real.

Funny and yet Activision and EA continues to get support but CDPR slips up and all of a sudden the world is going to end.

Friend got me Sims 4 for my b-day awhile ago. Not even as an actual present. It was meant to be a joke. That's how bad EA is. LIKE, EA! WE DONT NEED MORE EXPANSIONS? FIX THE GAME?

Our support? No CDPR needs criticism and a reality check. I play on PC so I haven't seen the issues console players are facing. However, the stuff I am seeing is amateur hour. Bugs and glitches I haven't seen since Steam Greenlight was a thing for those that know what that was. CDPR was supposed to be above the typical broken Ubisoft and Bethesda garbage. Instead they aren't much different really.

Incomplete/missing animations. I watched a character slide along the floor instead of actually walking as she was talking

Characters talking over each other

The voice filter used on phone calls sometimes not even being applied, so it sounds like the character is right next to me

Text messaging a character sometimes doesn't even respond in the correct order

Dialogue refusing to popup unless I stand in a very specific spot.

Braindead AI

Cops forget about you the second you walk around the block

T-posing character models

Missing audio files

Massive delays in conversations to where I'm not sure it's working.

Despite what reviewers were saying I am hearing repeat conversations from the citizen NPCs over and over.

If I wanted to typical glitch-fest, unfinished product, I'd go to Skyrim or Fallout 4/76. And before anyone thinks this is clever, no I don't expect every game to be bug-free because that's not realistic with software. What I do expect is some fricken minimum standards. Current management needs to go if CDPR wants to stick around.

CDPR did something we never expected true... but you can't deny they been supporting us from the beginning since before Cybeprunk 2077.. they care about the community but simply things can get out of hand for them as well.. higher ups have pushed the game out of the door... After the dreadful release players been hating CDPR 24/7... as i said be negative but civilized.. people say don't compare no mans sky release with cyberpunk 2077 "why not?" its perfect example.. the only difference is that they are a really indie company with way fewer people then CDPR and they " hello games" don't have past experience in big games... no man sky on launch day was disastrous majority fans hating and other side where fans were supporting "hello games studio" and if you play the game.. all of what they have said & shown is actually in the game + more..
now it took them 3+ years too bring their "idea's & content into reality" but that's the difference between studio's.. CDPR is way more experienced and i am sure they will give us a amazing Cyberpunk 2077 in between 6 months & 1 year.. yes i would wait another 1 year. i will start from the beginning since i stopped very early in the game.. because this is not the way i want too finish the game & explore the city..

PS: isn't it weird that so many "fans" throw their relationship with CDPR that were build throughout the years of their past amazing games?? just like that yknow thrown it into the trash can because Cyberpunk 2077 release was dreadful.. that sounds just odd and unfair.

again my English is basic its the best way i can explain. :)
I think they'll come through. I think things are magnified right now with how everything is these days. CDPR haven't done me wrong yet

Who supports Activision and EA? Me? Why would you presume to know that?

I don't owe CDPR anything - I would like them to fix what they sold me. They misrepresented their product, for a multitude of internal reasons I'm sure, but I don't give a shit the reasons why.

They can do the right thing, or not. If they do, then I may support them in the future via more money.
If they don't, whatever - they lose one customer out of millions and everyone moves on.

But one thing for sure - CDPR doesn't "need support from it's fans" - that's completely backward.

* Edit - I even purchased two copies of this game pre-release (PC - GOG - 160 bucks CAD). One for me and one for my son. I don't owe them anything further :p

Last edited:
I think what really needs support is the game itself. And I hope CDPR will be working on it in the coming year, releasing patches, updates, expansions... As for CDPR itself, they're doing great for what they pulled off. Now they need to return the trust they were building over the years. The ball is on CDPR's side now. We will see how it goes.

I've given CDPR plenty of support by telling them what parts of their game is shit with suggestions on how to make it better as well as not refunding it. Even if they think I'm an asshole they probably appreciate the honesty and vote of confidence. That's what I have to give. Ran out of rainbows and sunshine in elementary school.

Our support? No CDPR needs criticism and a reality check. I play on PC so I haven't seen the issues console players are facing. However, the stuff I am seeing is amateur hour. Bugs and glitches I haven't seen since Steam Greenlight was a thing for those that know what that was. CDPR was supposed to be above the typical broken Ubisoft and Bethesda garbage. Instead they aren't much different really.

Incomplete/missing animations. I watched a character slide along the floor instead of actually walking as she was talking

Characters talking over each other

The voice filter used on phone calls sometimes not even being applied, so it sounds like the character is right next to me

Text messaging a character sometimes doesn't even respond in the correct order

Dialogue refusing to popup unless I stand in a very specific spot.

Braindead AI

Cops forget about you the second you walk around the block

T-posing character models

Missing audio files

Massive delays in conversations to where I'm not sure it's working.

Despite what reviewers were saying I am hearing repeat conversations from the citizen NPCs over and over.

If I wanted to typical glitch-fest, unfinished product, I'd go to Skyrim or Fallout 4/76. And before anyone thinks this is clever, no I don't expect every game to be bug-free because that's not realistic with software. What I do expect is some fricken minimum standards. Current management needs to go if CDPR wants to stick around.

I pretty much love your summary. On point, not too convoluted. It shows major bits of what is wrong.

The problem I am seeing with all of it though is that we have to (once again) rely on the modding community to make it right, simply because the company just does not stick to decisions or rushes some of them.

Not only when it comes to glitches in npc-models and stuff like that, but when it comes to the whole environment, to immersion.

Non-Lethal weapons for example (which include the hammer) are ........... well. Let's say I do consider it lethal bashing someones head in with it and seeing a headless body lying on the floor still moving like it was actually alive.

And yes, for me personally, that also includes the no-its-no-bug-nudity decision they made. Call me childish if you must, but we were promised a mature game and from what I have seen so far the only "mature" thing about the game is the amount of gore. And that has nothing to do with maturity. Neither has nudity, sure, but the sum of it all.

Pretty sure what we all wanted was a Robocop like, somewhat dystopian future that allowed us to play and look the way WE as players wanted. Immerse ourselves in a world that is so fundamentally corrupt, that even trying to be "a good person" leaves a sour taste sometimes.

What we got was false advertisement and A LOT of broken promises, bugs, glitches and a pretty stereotypical game that even the company does not stand fully behind.

And to make make it worse, the spokespeople for said company are actually laughing at us for our silly outrage and finish their statements with cute little smiley faces.

No. No support. They deserve every bit of outrage the fan base has. Threats of violence? No. Death threats? Hell no. But almost every other thing that is coming their way is well deserved and I do hope that they face major losses for this. I do hope that Sony pulling the game (probably on behalf of CDPR) will open the eyes of people.

I do admit that the CEO publicly addressing the issue is a BIG gesture. One that other people in similar positions should use as an example. But at the end of the day it is worth nothing if the game takes another 6 - 12 months to be anywhere near what was promised.

Sorry for long post.
TL;DR: No. No support and no understanding for false advertisement and straight up lying to your customers.

Hey, I support the devs as long as they keep fixing the game. The execs who decided to release early and not tell anyone about the condition of it? Noooot so much.

They had my support when I pre-ordered their game.
But that trust is broken.

Now they are going back and changing this game from an advertised RPG game to an "Action Adventure" and blaming me for the misunderstanding.

Shame on them. Shame.
Even Bioware or Ubisoft did not stoop so low.

Fix Cyberpunk2077 CDPR or your reputation is dead and gone.
If you try to squirm out of this then I hope this company collapses on itself as every investor tries to jump ship from this burning garbage fire.

I pretty much love your summary. On point, not too convoluted. It shows major bits of what is wrong.

The problem I am seeing with all of it though is that we have to (once again) rely on the modding community to make it right, simply because the company just does not stick to decisions or rushes some of them.

Not only when it comes to glitches in npc-models and stuff like that, but when it comes to the whole environment, to immersion.

Non-Lethal weapons for example (which include the hammer) are ........... well. Let's say I do consider it lethal bashing someones head in with it and seeing a headless body lying on the floor still moving like it was actually alive.

And yes, for me personally, that also includes the no-its-no-bug-nudity decision they made. Call me childish if you must, but we were promised a mature game and from what I have seen so far the only "mature" thing about the game is the amount of gore. And that has nothing to do with maturity. Neither has nudity, sure, but the sum of it all.

Pretty sure what we all wanted was a Robocop like, somewhat dystopian future that allowed us to play and look the way WE as players wanted. Immerse ourselves in a world that is so fundamentally corrupt, that even trying to be "a good person" leaves a sour taste sometimes.

What we got was false advertisement and A LOT of broken promises, bugs, glitches and a pretty stereotypical game that even the company does not stand fully behind.

And to make make it worse, the spokespeople for said company are actually laughing at us for our silly outrage and finish their statements with cute little smiley faces.

No. No support. They deserve every bit of outrage the fan base has. Threats of violence? No. Death threats? Hell no. But almost every other thing that is coming their way is well deserved and I do hope that they face major losses for this. I do hope that Sony pulling the game (probably on behalf of CDPR) will open the eyes of people.

I do admit that the CEO publicly addressing the issue is a BIG gesture. One that other people in similar positions should use as an example. But at the end of the day it is worth nothing if the game takes another 6 - 12 months to be anywhere near what was promised.

Sorry for long post.
TL;DR: No. No support and no understanding for false advertisement and straight up lying to your customers.

Don't apologize for a long post. You are right and I think many, myself included, agree. A Robocop, cyber-dystopian future would have been enough for most I would think. Even a game similar to Deus Ex is what I was really looking for, but with a CDPR spin on it.

Good to know it's not just me. I used the non-lethal mods for a Gig and the NPC thinks I killed the bad guys and still chastises me for it.
The Gig where you rescue the monk, you have the option do it non-lethal which the weapon mod I used stated it makes the gun non-lethal. The monk still claims I killed people.

I just can't get over some of the bugs I've seen. In fact just today I discovered that there is a line of dialogue from Jonny Silverhand that has no filters or EQ applied to it. It was literally his raw voice recording in game. The next line was normal again. I know I harped on audio quite a bit but it's immersion breaking when filters or alterations were not done, it's very noticeable.

Someone posted a link to where the devs in CDPR are basically ripping management apart, asking why they lied about it working on the base PS4/Xbox One. They also brought up the fact that the game has a strong anti-corporate message, yet that's how they were treated. I don't put this on the devs, I firmly believe that this is a major screw up on managment's part.

But beyond my negativity for this game I also think this is a chance for CDPR, a test. This is a chance to show how they will address these issues. How well will they communicate with us? What's their timelines for fixes, beyond just sometime in January and February? What's their development process going to be going forward? Will management see repercussions beyond just a drop in stock price?

8 million presales + player meticritic rating (pc)

User Score
7.1 Mixed or average reviews based on 21233 Ratings

Shows the game was not the "disastrous embarrassment that will kill CDPR reputation" that some on the forum make it out to be. Personally I would give it a

6.5 myself just average major flaws and disappointments but overall satisficed and feel got my moneys worth . It nothing that will enter the hall of fame but really its not worth all rage It is what it is and honestly just need to move open and wait for the "next big thing" W3 was a remarkable game ( rating of 9 in my books) but I don't think its reasonable to expect that level of success every time when there dev teams are not consistent with the team that made W3 I also think focusing on old technology is one of the reasons that caused this down fall.

I fully support CDPR's developers, arties, designers, sound engineers, forum moderators, every single employee all the way to the janitorial department. These guys are the champs, the people who worked the hardest and put their blood, sweat, tears and lack of sleep into this game. They deserve the recognition for making this beautiful world, its characters and level design.

However, I do not support CDPR's management's illogical decisions, such as the forced nudity censorship. I can't let that go, makes zero sense.

If I can take a hammer in the game and bash some poor fella, and I saw one guy with a screenshot with a corpse with half of the torso blown off in a gory mess, but we can't have underwear be removed that's not in inventory screen? Its hypocritical for what the game is about.

It's a M rated game. Not Teen, not PG, M for mature. Only for 18+, adults, not kids.

Plus, this is against the lore of the game. The world is sexualized as a social structure. Breaks immersion for this.

Top Bottom