Many needs too calm down now is the time CDPR needs support from its fans

+
I've been on these forums long enough to be a Forum Veteran, played through the entire Witcher series and its spin-offs and was really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. I defended Cyberpunk in many other gaming forums when there was backlash against the crunch, then the trans-trope things, then the delays. In many recent instances, I gave CDPR the benefit of the doubt, and imagined they were simply having a hard time / stumbling a bit and were good at the core.

"Many needs too calm down now is the time CDPR needs support from its fans"

So what's a fan? No, take a while and really think on it for a little.

Is it the description of myself that I posted above? Or is it simply anyone who is positive about CDPR no matter what they do?

No, I think that last one goes too far. If you really like a celebrity for instance - are a fan - and they suddenly turn out to be a horrid person, then you shouldn't be a fan anymore, right? Loyalty alone cannot define a fan, because otherwise you'd just be a fan-atic.
Likewise, if you're a fan of a company, for the things they appear to be, it's not unreasonable to let go of them, when they stop being the thing they once appeared to be.

After all the defending I did, and for all the love I once had of CDPR, I could once be called a fan. But, I am not a fan-atic.

My fandom of CDPR, was conditioned on the understanding they were a company that placed their customers, and did the morally right thing, above profit.

And now look at them. They release a product that is so broken, that Playstation yanks them from their store, in a gesture that symbolizes that it should never have been sold for the money they earned. Sony for god's sake, looked after you more than CDPR did. Microsoft has yet to follow suit.
Worse, they prevented reviewers from showing footage last-gen footage, as if to say that CDPR KNEW how bad it would be and they didn't want customers to know about it.
[...]

I was a fan of this company in the understanding that these things would never happen. That they'd never trick customers into buying broken products, would put profit before customer, and would do the morally right thing.
If they're not doing that anymore, then what am I? A fan, or a fanatic?

Now, I know how it goes. I HAVE defended CDPR. And the logic is this: Whatever goes wrong, isn't intended. They're a good company, who just so happened to do the wrong thing out of mistake and they'll correct it if you just hug them hard enough.

I can apply that here too: Them releasing too soon was just a mistake. All of it was just miscommunication. They THOUGHT the day 1 patch would fix everything, which is the reason they didn't allowed reviewers to see it. There's no deception! Just a small slip-up.
And maybe there really were thousands of Chinese gamers who didn't want devotion released. They're just listening to gamers and doing it for us!

But why wouldn't we also apply that to Blizzard, or EA, or Ubisoft?
Micro-transactions are just how companies survive. They need their fans to stick up for them. Releasing broken products is just miscommunication! They tried their best! [...] That's just them following the guidelines really carefully!
And it's ALL a slippery slope. We know that! Because we hate THEM for it. If those good for nothing companies release one lootbox, or release one broken product, that's just them going down the path of being not-CDPR and doing it again!

You could argue that it's the amount of time in which CDPR has done bad things, compared to those other, lesser companies who've been doing that for years, but here's the catch: That's what those other, lesser companies tell themselves too.
Blizzard/EA/Ubisoft release broken, micro-transaction riddled products, and the only reason why they're getting away with that, is because of their fans. Which are not fans, but fan-atics. There's just this crowd of people who will stick by those companies no matter what. Or they don't care and simply come up with the same excuses as a fan. These companies get away with it BECAUSE of fans, who are not fans, but fanatics, and will forgive them no matter what, or just stop caring.

So what am I? And what are you? Are you a fan, or a fanatic? Do you care, or have you stopped?

People! It's OKAY to not be a fan if a company crosses a line! That doesn't make you less of a fan! Retracting your fandom and not being a fanatic, is how you prevent CDPR from taking the slippery slope down to join the kind of muck EA/Ubisoft/Blizzard are already swimming in! You care! You have standards! You also care enough to apply those standards consistently CDPR just had a wildly successful launch that already made them profit. They don't NEED your help or defense.

You're not a fan because of the company. You're a fan because of what the company stands, or stood for. Even if this entire mess is because of ill-judged mistake, this is not what we expect from CDPR.

I am a fan! I'm a fan of companies who release quality products, put customers above profits, and do the morally right thing. This is not CDPR right now and instead of lowering my own expectations down towards their new level like a fanatic, possibly allowing them to sink even lower with the weight of my everlasting forgiveness dragging them down, I'd rather wait until they clamber back up to the expectations of my fandom.

I'll be here. Where are you going?

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I do not support CDPR's management's illogical decisions, such as the forced nudity censorship. I can't let that go, makes zero sense.

If I can take a hammer in the game and bash some poor fella, and I saw one guy with a screenshot with a corpse with half of the torso blown off in a gory mess, but we can't have underwear be removed that's not in inventory screen? Its hypocritical for what the game is about.

It's a M rated game. Not Teen, not PG, M for mature. Only for 18+, adults, not kids.

Plus, this is against the lore of the game. The world is sexualized as a social structure. Breaks immersion for this.
I would say it's not just CDPR. Developers and just people in general get really weird about nudity in games. There was nudity in Watch Dogs 2 where the female character models weren't wearing underwear, people became furious and it was fixed. Of course you had to look up their skirts like a weirdo in order to see it. On the other hand in one of the GTAIV DLCs there was uncensored male genitalia while the character was exercising or doing Yoga. It's very double standard. Of course you can depict the most gruesome acts imaginable in game, things that would break a psyche in real life but don't you dare show male and female genitalia. And it's not like CDPR was ashamed of the nudity in game. They made it a point about having onenight stands with Joytoys and even gave them unique icons above their heads specifically for the player. It's all just dumb to be honest.

To be honest I will stop now to read all posts on this BIG failure. I may think that we are a lot to think the same things. We do not need to argue anymore.

What i am only waiting now from RED as a professional company is a quick clear detailed communication and on what they plan to do.

To be noticed also to stop to speak about RED as a whole. I make a clear distinction between the great developpers who make a great job and the Red Management who takes crappy decision for the worse

I am going to pretend I didn't waste a couple of minutes of my life for yet another pseudo moralizing lecture that serves nothing good and can only make devs who did their best feel like all their effort is for nothing, just because someone on top made a bad, rushed decison.

So I will just continue to enjoy the game which I find really, really good despite all the missing or unfinished elements/mechanics that I am sure will be fixed and improved if we only let the devs work peacefully on those without constantly rubbing the salt into the wound that is already painful enough to demotivate anyone.

I've been on these forums long enough to be a Forum Veteran, played through the entire Witcher series and its spin-offs and was really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. I defended Cyberpunk in many other gaming forums when there was backlash against the crunch, then the trans-trope things, then the delays. In many recent instances, I gave CDPR the benefit of the doubt, and imagined they were simply having a hard time / stumbling a bit and were good at the core.

Is it the description of myself that I posted above? Or is it simply anyone who is positive about CDPR no matter what they do?

No, I think that last one goes too far. If you really like a celebrity for instance - are a fan - and they suddenly turn out to be a horrid person, then you shouldn't be a fan anymore, right? Loyalty alone cannot define a fan, because otherwise you'd just be a fan-atic.
Likewise, if you're a fan of a company, for the things they appear to be, it's not unreasonable to let go of them, when they stop being the thing they once appeared to be.

After all the defending I did, and for all the love I once had of CDPR, I could once be called a fan. But, I am not a fan-atic.

My fandom of CDPR, was conditioned on the understanding they were a company that placed their customers, and did the morally right thing, above profit.

And now look at them. They release a product that is so broken, that Playstation yanks them from their store, in a gesture that symbolizes that it should never have been sold for the money they earned. Sony for god's sake, looked after you more than CDPR did. Microsoft has yet to follow suit.
Worse, they prevented reviewers from showing footage last-gen footage, as if to say that CDPR KNEW how bad it would be and they didn't want customers to know about it.
[...]

I was a fan of this company in the understanding that these things would never happen. That they'd never trick customers into buying broken products, would put profit before customer, and would do the morally right thing.

Now, I know how it goes. I HAVE defended CDPR. And the logic is this: Whatever goes wrong, isn't intended. They're a good company, who just so happened to do the wrong thing out of mistake and they'll correct it if you just hug them hard enough.

I can apply that here too: Them releasing too soon was just a mistake. All of it was just miscommunication. They THOUGHT the day 1 patch would fix everything, which is the reason they didn't allowed reviewers to see it. There's no deception! Just a small slip-up.
And maybe there really were thousands of Chinese gamers who didn't want devotion released. They're just listening to gamers and doing it for us!

Micro-transactions are just how companies survive. They need their fans to stick up for them. Releasing broken products is just miscommunication! They tried their best! [...] That's just them following the guidelines really carefully!
And it's ALL a slippery slope. We know that! Because we hate THEM for it. If those good for nothing companies release one lootbox, or release one broken product, that's just them going down the path of being not-CDPR and doing it again!

You could argue that it's the amount of time in which CDPR has done bad things, compared to those other, lesser companies who've been doing that for years, but here's the catch: That's what those other, lesser companies tell themselves too.
Blizzard/EA/Ubisoft release broken, micro-transaction riddled products, and the only reason why they're getting away with that, is because of their fans. Which are not fans, but fan-atics. There's just this crowd of people who will stick by those companies no matter what. Or they don't care and simply come up with the same excuses as a fan. These companies get away with it BECAUSE of fans, who are not fans, but fanatics, and will forgive them no matter what, or just stop caring.

So what am I? And what are you? Are you a fan, or a fanatic? Do you care, or have you stopped?

People! It's OKAY to not be a fan if a company crosses a line! That doesn't make you less of a fan! Retracting your fandom and not being a fanatic, is how you prevent CDPR from taking the slippery slope down to join the kind of muck EA/Ubisoft/Blizzard are already swimming in! You care! You have standards! You also care enough to apply those standards consistently CDPR just had a wildly successful launch that already made them profit. They don't NEED your help or defense.

You're not a fan because of the company. You're a fan because of what the company stands, or stood for. Even if this entire mess is because of ill-judged mistake, this is not what we expect from CDPR.

I am a fan! I'm a fan of companies who release quality products, put customers above profits, and do the morally right thing. This is not CDPR right now and instead of lowering my own expectations down towards their new level like a fanatic, possibly allowing them to sink even lower with the weight of my everlasting forgiveness dragging them down, I'd rather wait until they clamber back up to the expectations of my fandom.

Well second try as I often to seem to break forum regulations. I will refund as the game is not like advertised. No real Adult dark City. Just some nice Package and when you open it it's an empty vanilla guided Story without any real Player Impact poorly made.

Someone knows if there is a way to refund a Steam version over 2h game time because of patches which came out after release? (patched the Nudity out it seems)

I would rather encourage people to speak up, and not be ok with misleading marketing and being lied to.
You should not be fine with misleading marketing, or purchasing a product that doesnt live up to the expectations set by the developer.

The reason these things happens in the first place is because there is sadly enough people that lets it slide over and over.

Now all the criticism is perfectly warranted, all the questions about the direction CDPR is taking are valid, and refunding a broken game is ok.

But there is very little we can do as customers at this point besides report bugs and point out mistakes.
Just have to button down and sit tight for couple months while the bugfixes are rolling out, and hope that CDPR won't stop improving the game or its development. I think CP2077 is a game that has loads of potential, and it would be stupid to throw away several years of work without trying to ensure it reaches that potential.

Meanwhile try to enjoy the game for what it is.

[...]

I don't think I could've said it better.

Hey

Yes the game is disappointing majority of the fans & there are some players that are enjoying the game, and i am really happy for you "seriously". But it doesn't change the fact the game is "missing tons of features" that were said or shown in early gameplay footages, and it would be great that in denial fans would stop saying "fans pressured CDPR too release the game" that is simply not true.. CDPR revealed the first release date "with Keanu Reeves" Everyone thoughts were : finally the game is ready..
just as we had seen in the first trailer "coming: when it's ready" tensions started to rise when Cyberpunk was delayed second time too 19th November and fans have every right too raise questions such as : is the game ready or not ready? canceling pre-orders is also a rightful response.. If you're disappointed and your expectations are not in the game. write them down somewhere in the forums such as your idea's and other stuff you would love too see in the game, what happened has happened now we move on and support CDPR.

My negative feedback is : game misses way too many features.. i have already made a post "https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/what-i-expected-from-cyberpunk-2077.11054003/".. The glitches & bad fps on my PC is least of my problems i don't care.. those are fixable.. but the missing features is like a big question for me, will they be able too add those details/features in the game at all?
i am sure CDPR will make statement after 2 months or earlier...

all the insults you want too write against CDPR keep it all too yourself.. if you want too write negative feedback do it civilized..

i apologize for my basic English :)

Kind regards
VK
They had our support the last 7 years in dev'ment. Do you seriously think after what was released they deserve any of our support, not from me. I'm 62 years old and this is the worst launch for a game I've ever seen, even surpassing Fallout 76. What's worse is they should have learned from The Witcher. Someone higher up in mgmt forced this, I realize it, but the devs bare part of the blame in it by not speaking out. If they did it wasn't loud enough. I can't imagine any dev that worked on the game thought it would go any way but the way it did the first few days after release. It's a disgrace. I want the dev's to get all the proceeds they were promised at the beginning of this, but I also want the CDPR higher ups to suffer financially, which by appearances looks to be happening with their stocks.

This all might be harsh but I'm tired of AAA games releasing like this and the companies that do it thinking "it'll be ok, we'll just patch it to death in the coming months and they'll be back". F that already!!!! This happens way to often.

And your english is perfect by the way.
Post automatically merged:

I would say it's not just CDPR. Developers and just people in general get really weird about nudity in games. There was nudity in Watch Dogs 2 where the female character models weren't wearing underwear, people became furious and it was fixed. Of course you had to look up their skirts like a weirdo in order to see it. On the other hand in one of the GTAIV DLCs there was uncensored male genitalia while the character was exercising or doing Yoga. It's very double standard. Of course you can depict the most gruesome acts imaginable in game, things that would break a psyche in real life but don't you dare show male and female genitalia. And it's not like CDPR was ashamed of the nudity in game. They made it a point about having onenight stands with Joytoys and even gave them unique icons above their heads specifically for the player. It's all just dumb to be honest.
I tried to ask a question in another post and that didn't go so well, so I'll try and rephrase it here since you're on the topic. I created my character when I first launched the game, as a male. So we had several options for the male genitals, female too for that matter as I could gone with a vagina as my male V. We "see" that in all its glory for the 15-20 minutes it took us to create our character (it took my wife and I longer as we argued over the hair and fingernails!).

Then the game starts and I'm playing and noticing all the lady NPC's in the game have their breasts covered up, even in the strip clubs. Then I get a message 15 hours in to meet someone at the No Tel motel. In there I see her nips were covered up with black electrical tape, say what!!!!!!!!!

At what point in the dev'ment of the game did the decision come down to do this type of censoring. Why were you allowed to show full genitals at the beginning but then censor completely "in" the gameplay???? Who in the company decided this and, more importantly, WHY????? That's all I want to know.

Last edited:
They had our support the last 7 years in dev'ment. Do you seriously think after what was released they deserve any of our support, not from me. I'm 62 years old and this is the worst launch for a game I've ever seen, even surpassing Fallout 76. What's worse is they should have learned from The Witcher. Someone higher up in mgmt forced this, I realize it, but the devs bare part of the blame in it by not speaking out. If they did it wasn't loud enough. I can't imagine any dev that worked on the game thought it would go any way but the way it did the first few days after release. It's a disgrace. I want the dev's to get all the proceeds they were promised at the beginning of this, but I also want the CDPR higher ups to suffer financially, which by appearances looks to be happening with their stocks.

This all might be harsh but I'm tired of AAA games releasing like this and the companies that do it thinking "it'll be ok, we'll just patch it to death in the coming months and they'll be back". F that already!!!! This happens way to often.

I tried to ask a question in another post and that didn't go so well, so I'll try and rephrase it here since you're on the topic. I created my character when I first launched the game, as a male. So we had several options for the male genitals, female too for that matter as I could gone with a vagina as my male V. We "see" that in all its glory for the 15-20 minutes it took us to create our character (it took my wife and I longer as we argued over the hair and fingernails!).

Then the game starts and I'm playing and noticing all the lady NPC's in the game have their breasts covered up, even in the strip clubs. Then I get a message 15 hours in to meet someone at the No Tel motel. In there I see her nips were covered up with black electrical tape, say what!!!!!!!!!

At what point in the dev'ment of the game did the decision come down to do this type of censoring. Why were you allowed to show full genitals at the beginning but then censor completely "in" the gameplay???? Who in the company decided this and, more importantly, WHY????? That's all I want to know.

That's second part is fairly easy to answer. Especially the why part.

It's all because studios, execs and shareholders are scared as hell of that AO rating. That AO rating means very few places will sell physical copies. You've just lost the "I want a physical copy" crowd and the "Karen bought this for lil Timmy without actually looking at what the game is" crowd.

I feel with you. I also try to feel immersion and took about 2h to make the character I wanted to play - and I love role playing games so much. For me was this game announced as a rpg game and suddenly it's a barebone shooter. You can't sit drink smoke - drugs and silent reduction of adult content - Braindances etc. The list would go on and on.

Asked for a Refund as it seems that the advertisement of this game wasn't understandable for me. It seems my bad English made me think it was rated 18 plus and there is more after character creation. :shrug::shrug:

I want to help,

I'm still playing on base Ps4 where should I report bugs proberly, like is there a ticket system.

*The new patch fixed old bugs but has created new ones.

I want CDPR to succeed.

Robert

Side note. Not a criticism.

I would argue that I'm not a fan. I'm a customer.

Being a customer means that you have engaged in a serious financial commitment to a company's product(s) or services. You are owed good quality products/service under law. Being a 'fan' just makes that connection with the company sound trivial.

Can we avoid using the term 'fan'?

Hey

Yes the game is disappointing majority of the fans & there are some players that are enjoying the game, and i am really happy for you "seriously". But it doesn't change the fact the game is "missing tons of features" that were said or shown in early gameplay footages, and it would be great that in denial fans would stop saying "fans pressured CDPR too release the game" that is simply not true.. CDPR revealed the first release date "with Keanu Reeves" Everyone thoughts were : finally the game is ready..
just as we had seen in the first trailer "coming: when it's ready" tensions started to rise when Cyberpunk was delayed second time too 19th November and fans have every right too raise questions such as : is the game ready or not ready? canceling pre-orders is also a rightful response.. If you're disappointed and your expectations are not in the game. write them down somewhere in the forums such as your idea's and other stuff you would love too see in the game, what happened has happened now we move on and support CDPR.

My negative feedback is : game misses way too many features.. i have already made a post "https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/what-i-expected-from-cyberpunk-2077.11054003/".. The glitches & bad fps on my PC is least of my problems i don't care.. those are fixable.. but the missing features is like a big question for me, will they be able too add those details/features in the game at all?
i am sure CDPR will make statement after 2 months or earlier...

all the insults you want too write against CDPR keep it all too yourself.. if you want too write negative feedback do it civilized..

i apologize for my basic English :)

Kind regards
VK
I'm sorry but I feel like this is some kind of joke. :shrug:
I don't feel like we were treated the way that we treated CDPR in the past, in reciprocation for their good treatment of us, as fans and customers. It was a good relationship, but I feel like suddenly now we were not treated with the love we have always known. I don't know about others, but I assume others may feel the same, but I personally feel betrayed. I feel like I don't matter. The fact that my game wont even start (PC gog version) and people in my situation don't seem to be getting enough attention is really shocking to me. Then the endings I heard about made me sick to my stomach. The bugs and glitches, and all the issues combined are terrible, even the game design choices. But that's nothing compared to the cherry on top of how I feel CDPR seems to be treating a loyal fan and customer like me. I feel like CDPR is releasing multiple little apology letters to buy time while sending out what I feel are not really that amazing patches that still haven't let me play yet.
I'm at the point where I'm glad I didn't get to play. It's a blessing in disguise that my game wont even start. I want my money back. I asked for a refund days ago. Still absolutely no response. :giveup:
I have a feeling I'm never getting back that $59.99
I am NEVER pre-ordering anything ever again in my life, even from a game company that I THINK is great. I learned my lesson before with other corporations, but now I trust no one.
No company will ever get my payment in advance EVER AGAIN. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER again. :disapprove:
CDPR in my opinion has become CDPR-asaka
It's the biggest and worst complete 180 switcheroo flip I have ever witnessed in my entire life.
I feel just utter and complete sadness.
I'm just DONE. I want OUT. I fear the refunds funds will dry up with all the console refunds before I can get a refund myself.
I feel like just because I'm on PC that maybe CDPR doesn't think I need a refund. I need a refund. I rather buy food with the money now.
I will be the first to tell everyone once I get a response and successfully got a refund, but for now I think I'm doomed.

Why does CDPR need our support? They already had it with our preorders and good faith in advance.
If anything it's the community that needs CDPR's support and come forth to dispell many of our doubts.
This.

I understand what you are saying and partly want to agree with you! I really do.
CDPR was already rewarded by our faith and trust because of those past years and games they gave us. The preorder numbers are the proof of that.

But every clue prooves that CDPR knew what state the game was in, they knew what will follow so they made sure to not show the console versions in time. They took a cheap way to delay the backlash and we have all the right to demand what was promised.
Unfortunately they are not a private company any more so they don't have 100% control over their decisions and the company as a whole.
They have already shown that they are not going to keep their words on the tiniest matters like full nudity in the game. We have no reasons to believe that they are willing to fix anything more than bugs and quality of life fixes. Believe me I am desperate to believe they will do more, but I just don't have enough proof and reason to.

What needs to happen is them stand forward, address the concerns on different aspects of the game and gives us a roadmap how they gonna fix them.

Because as things stand now, there are going to be several backlash waves coming their way still. Once the bugs die down, people will realise the lack of features and RPG elements, and once that dies down and people finish multiple endings, they will be outraged by that too.
It's a combination of everything. I'm not even mad. I just want OUT. I don't want to be held hostage by my refund money. I will gladly accept my refund and stop caring about this nightmare game. all my trust is gone. all my respect is gone. I have nothing left but the feelings of betrayal. they let this happen. I just want to be free of it now. I will remember this is as very good lesson in my life but I will forget about it at the same time. I might possibly quit video games all together if gog keeps going in the direction they're going in. Everything they stood for is going in complete reverse. They completely disregard our respect for them and forget why we love CDPR and gog so much. I don't understand how anyone could ever throw that away, having the love and adoration and trust of millions of people and taking it so lightly and letting it all go, for what? for what purpose? what did they win in the short term? what did they win in the long term? It was like standing on a mountain of great gifts that would possibly never run out and letting them all go to waste in the present, and erasing the future in the process. Why in the world should I accept that? Calm down?

Calm down???

No. :think:

Last edited:
Top Bottom