Map display issue

+
Profile in game or on nvidia?
Nvidia, you can export and import profiles with the Geforce 3D Profile Manager
Post automatically merged:

I'm curious what this "automatic update" means, I wasn't aware Nvidia can change settings on my computer without my knowledge or consent. Apparently there's somekinda update coming (hasn't hit me yet) that doesn't entail a driver update, so I'm a bit lost on how exactly this update is delivered. Do they mean these Geforce Experience "optimal settings" or what?
Profiles from the nvidia drivers get updated by the nvidia service running in the background.

Nvidia, you can export and import profiles with the Geforce 3D Profile Manager
Post automatically merged:

Profiles from the nvidia drivers get updated by the nvidia service running in the background.
The disgustingly annoying thing here is you can undo the change manually, you turn your pc off an on again and the profile change gets reapplied. what the hell!

The disgustingly annoying thing here is you can undo the change manually, you turn your pc off an on again and the profile change gets reapplied. what the hell!
Yeah... Mine was re-applied today...
This is often a result of things like Geforce Experience. I strongly recommend people do not use these programs. Very often, the "optimizations", "recommendations", or "automatic configurations" provided are going to be based on extremely generalized data -- exactly the opposite of the way end-users want to be configuring their PCs.

Also, they have the tendency to want to return things to Nvidia defaults, update constantly, and override user-defined settings. None of which is helping to create a stable, consistent gaming environment.

Best bet is to install the drivers manually, then simply go into the 3D settings and configure things the way you wish. For more advanced features, I recommend using things like RivaTuner Statistics Server. RTSS should be the only tool you need right now if you need additional tweaking options that don't appear on Nvidia's Control Panel.

This is often a result of things like Geforce Experience. I strongly recommend people do not use these programs. Very often, the "optimizations", "recommendations", or "automatic configurations" provided are going to be based on extremely generalized data -- exactly the opposite of the way end-users want to be configuring their PCs.

Also, they have the tendency to want to return things to Nvidia defaults, update constantly, and override user-defined settings. None of which is helping to create a stable, consistent gaming environment.

Best bet is to install the drivers manually, then simply go into the 3D settings and configure things the way you wish. For more advanced features, I recommend using things like RivaTuner Statistics Server. RTSS should be the only tool you need right now if you need additional tweaking options that don't appear on Nvidia's Control Panel.
I never used/installed GFE. But this fix gets applied every time I boot my PC.

The problem seems to have been fixed - the map functions and I did nothing on my own. I also think I have higher graphics performance although I didnt measure it before or after.

I am an Nvidia experience user - although I have not applied its optimization. The reason is that my CPU is quite old I7, still quite powerful enough to run most games on 1080P but old enough that Nvidia experience doesn't recognize it as "minimum requirement".

I never used/installed GFE. But this fix gets applied every time I boot my PC.
Not really sure what "Geforce 3D Profile Manager" would be, then. I figured it was something they added as part of Geforce Experience. If not, it's still the same difference: something that is "automatic configuration for XYZ".

Don't use stuff like this. The only thing you need is the default Nvidia Control panel, which is what's included in standalone driver packages, and possibly RTSS, which is a good thing to have on hand even if you don't intend to use it.

If you're running any other sort of "GPU configuration software", what you're doing is giving that software control over certain aspects of your GPU. That can and will result in things happening outside of users' intent.

The problem seems to have been fixed - the map functions and I did nothing on my own. I also think I have higher graphics performance although I didnt measure it before or after.

I am an Nvidia experience user - although I have not applied its optimization. The reason is that my CPU is quite old I7, still quite powerful enough to run most games on 1080P but old enough that Nvidia experience doesn't recognize it as "minimum requirement".
The overall map issue that many players were reporting seems to have been the result of Nvidia's last driver package(s). They identified it and fixed it on their end. That could be why it seemed to just magically fix itself. Do you install drivers manually, or automatically?

Fix probably delivered via the Nvidia Control Panel. Unless it is blocked by firewall rule, host file, pi-hole or similar.

1666586548564.png

I can confirm that even without FGE the update gets pushed through the nvdisplaycontainer service. I opened the game again yesterday and the map glitch was gone. So the only solution would be to block internet access to that service, but I don't know if then it would work properly.

The overall map issue that many players were reporting seems to have been the result of Nvidia's last driver package(s). They identified it and fixed it on their end. That could be why it seemed to just magically fix itself. Do you install drivers manually, or automatically?

Not automatically, but manually after recommended by Nvidia experience. But I understood that the Nvidia fix was pushed via a different channel and driver update was not needed.

Not automatically, but manually after recommended by Nvidia experience. But I understood that the Nvidia fix was pushed via a different channel and driver update was not needed.
This is my understanding too, and if I understood Nvidia's advice prior to the OTA fix, downloading and using 'GeForce 3D Profile Manager' was just a manual method of doing what the OTA fix has pushed, and is more of a workaround than a solution (avoiding the glitch at the expense of improved performance in the game).

This is my understanding too, and if I understood Nvidia's advice prior to the OTA fix, downloading and using 'GeForce 3D Profile Manager' was just a manual method of doing what the OTA fix has pushed, and is more of a workaround than a solution (avoiding the glitch at the expense of improved performance in the game).

The Nvidia post originally said that Nvidia had a fix in the pipeline and it would be pushed out in "next few days". Funny how people seem to forget this. And that the manual method you described was for those who "couldn't wait".

But the end result now is that the map works and that the game seems to run better - particularly noticeable when driving a vehicle at high speeds as the game has to render a whole lot very fast. Previously the performance during this was "patchy" and the fps was inconsistent. I can still see the effect, but its lessened. Elsewhere in the game FPS seem more stable now.

Last edited:
New Nvidia drivers 526.47 and :

What a surprise ! Nvidia fixed it and not CDPR :giggle:
In case it happens to anyone else - after letting GFX update my driver, everything got worse for me. So I used Windows to roll-back to previous driver (and map was still good, weirdly), then re-updated. And so far, so good. I *think* a lot better performance at 2k, still bad map/inventory performac at 4k

With the new driver I have problems with the frame times, which drop cyclically in short intervals regardless of the movement in the game.

Cyberpunk2077_2022_10_29_09_54_08_991.jpg

With 522.25 everything is o.k.

Cyberpunk2077_2022_10_29_10_07_15_163.jpg

New Nvidia drivers 526.47 and :

What a surprise ! Nvidia fixed it and not CDPR :giggle:
That doesn't mean the map code is still broken and needs to be fixed by CDP itself. As somebody rightfully wrote, these new shader optimizations make the problem in the code visible. So we are sacrificing some extra performance to get the map visualized correctly.

Top Bottom