Map display issue

+
Hello dear community, please check attached image. This happened after an OS update up to 22H2 version (Windows 11). Also NVIDIA driver was updated up to 522.25 version. Please help me fix map display

you should actually read threads instead of jumping to the end to tack a new post on.

My impression from reading around on this issue is that:
  • There was a bug in the coding of the map that, by chance, the previous drivers tolerated.
  • The driver update to 522.25 exposed the bug and corrupted the map appearance for some cards and some game settings.
  • The "fix" from nVidia is really a work-around and degrades performance; it allows the map to work, but you lose some of the speed benefits provided by the new driver.
  • The real fix needs to come from CDPR fixing the map code.
At least that's my understanding of the issue. As well as being what I read, that does seem align with my experience.

Yeah, the performance increase is so dramatic with the new driver that I'm not willing to give that up to make the map work! I'll make do with the new driver for now, hoping for a fix while keeping the performance gains in the future.

You can also apply Nvidia's fix.

It takes a minute and works.
Not sure, I didn't tested myself, but I think by fixing the map like that, you could possibly lose the performance improvements brought by the new drivers version.
So I believe they is four way to deal with :
- F..k the map and stay with the 522.25 and wait.
- Roll back your drivers (here).
- Apply the fix provided by Nvidia (but maybe losing the performance improvements).
- Change "Color Precision" from high to medium to make the map "usable" (not perfect, but you keep all the improvements).

I guess I’m not the only one. Well at least it’s on the table to fix. Hopefully soon. For now I think I’ll wait to come back and play until this is patched up. Fingers crossed chooms

No it doesn't.
Like I said, I didn't try, but "apparently" some lost some performances after applying the fix.
No later than this morning :
I've lost ~half of the performance gains of v522.25 by applying the fix.

517.48: avg 63fps
522.25 without fix: avg 69fps
522.25 with fix: avg 66fps

Still a free 5% performance increase, which is nothing to sneeze at imo.
Few days ago :
EDIT: This does not seem to be a fix, just like a roll back to the previous driver.
All the performance improvements gained with the new driver are gone

I thought I would be able to resist the call of Night City until the is patched. I can’t. It’s playable. You can still see the icons and districts. navigation out of the map works. It’s just blinding. A reference map sure helps.

I guess Vik didn’t get all the bugs out from that time I jacked into Sandra’s port. Or maybe it’s an artifact overlay of Silverhand’s Memories bleeding through the relic. Fingers crossed the CDPR Rippers can find a way to clean this up soon

Hello everyone. My name is Manuel and I work for NVIDIA. We will be pushing out an automatic update in the next couple of days to address this issue. If you wish to apply the fix sooner, you may do so by following the instructions in the KBA below:

For me it's been fixed today, thanks
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.10.19 - 18.10.54.77.png

They updated the profiles today automatically.
For those who want to get the performance back, just export the profiles with the profile manager.
Open the text file and remove this under Cyberpunk 2077 Profile: Setting ID_0x00c36e12 = 0x00000000
Then import the profile text file.

They updated the profiles today automatically.
For those who want to get the performance back, just export the profiles with the profile manager.
Open the text file and remove this under Cyberpunk 2077 Profile: Setting ID_0x00c36e12 = 0x00000000
Then import the profile text file.
Profile in game or on nvidia?

I'm curious what this "automatic update" means, I wasn't aware Nvidia can change settings on my computer without my knowledge or consent. Apparently there's somekinda update coming (hasn't hit me yet) that doesn't entail a driver update, so I'm a bit lost on how exactly this update is delivered. Do they mean these Geforce Experience "optimal settings" or what?

I'm curious what this "automatic update" means, I wasn't aware Nvidia can change settings on my computer without my knowledge or consent. Apparently there's somekinda update coming (hasn't hit me yet) that doesn't entail a driver update, so I'm a bit lost on how exactly this update is delivered. Do they mean these Geforce Experience "optimal settings" or what?
No, they have services running on your OS that have access to the internet and can push profile updates in background. Unless you block the network access to these services through a firewall, that is.

What are the chances we get a hotfix or something that retains the performance improvements from the Nvidia driver AND fixes the map - so we don't have to choose between them? Right now I'm living with the broken map because the performance gains / stability improvements are such a game-changer.

Yeah I'm not seeing either of the options shown on this help article, can't bring up the update preferences tab anywhere. So I guess I have to do it manually.
Edit: That I did. Was easy with the instructions, takes maybe a minute tops.
Ditto. Nearest option is in GeForce Experience settings, 'Automatically download driver updates and let me choose when to install'

Top Bottom