Map Lag

+
When I go into the Map I get serious Lag for a couple of minutes or so. Eventually, it smoothes out. Does this happen to anyone else. I also play on Series X and don't seem to have this problem. Running on an AMD 5600x with an Nvidia 2070 Super. 32Gigs of Ram. Running from an NVME SSD.

Have a similar effect. Upon opening map, framerate drops to <10 for 6-7 seconds. Even after closing map. After that everything is fine again.
But... somtimes..it happens not. Often it happens, but then sometime its happens not. Was unable to find a cause. Doesn't seem to depend on area. It might have something to do with pathfinding. A few times I observed that the plotted route appeared on the map at the exact moment the lag disappeared.

Running on PC/ i7-9700k/ RTX3080/ 64 GB / from a m.2 Corsair Force MP510 4 TB

Hppens to me in story areas, Little China (Toms diner, Vics, Lizzys and Afterlife) In japantown its around Clouds and Jig Jig.

Everywhere else I can go in and out of map with no issues.

Hppens to me in story areas, Little China (Toms diner, Vics, Lizzys and Afterlife) In japantown its around Clouds and Jig Jig.

Everywhere else I can go in and out of map with no issues.
Interesting... in the process of moving so I'm using my laptop w/RTX-2060. I'll try to see if it's worse for me in similar areas. I've tweaked most settings so I can usually run around 75 fps. I also read in another map thread (from 1.2?) some settings to tweak

Does it happend if you dont go stright into the map screen but trough the map button in the UI screen? Noticed its quite the load on Vram too load up the map so im thinking its some limitation on memory or something.

Does it happend if you dont go stright into the map screen but trough the map button in the UI screen? Noticed its quite the load on Vram too load up the map so im thinking its some limitation on memory or something.
I'm fairly certain I always press "M" but I will take note on my next run.
Post automatically merged:

I'm fairly certain I always press "M" but I will take note on my next run.
Update: Running v1.52 (GOG) and it def makes a difference if I open the map from the UI. Like almost zero lag... Thanks!!! What a great first forum experience... :)

Last edited:
Update: Running v1.52 (GOG) and it def makes a difference if I open the map from the UI. Like almost zero lag... Thanks!!! What a great first forum experience... :)
No problem! now we need too learn why it gets laggy when you press M ^^ You might wanna make a bug report.

Use the contact us blue button and describe your issue and also tell them it does not happend if you go trough the UI. Seen alot of this issue before on here but never figured it out myself. Seen it adds like 1-1,5 gb Vram usage the second i use the map so im guessing its a Vram issue. Or a memory issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom