Map slow to load/stutters then Game slow/stutters when exit for a moment (1.5)

+
When I open my map the animation showing the map opening (the circle expanding) will play slowly and interaction with the map will have extremely low performance. After a moment it will pass and the map/character/inventory menus will function without any issues at all. Then when I exit the map and return to the game itself I will get a few seconds of very low framerates and performance and then it will return to normal (about 50-60fps).

The problem seems less prevalent (shorter framerate/stuttering pauses) when I first start up the game, but as I play it becomes worse.

My system:
Intel i9-10900k @ 3.7GHz
32gb Ram
Asus ROG Strix 3080 OC
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb M.2 SSD (Game location)
Windows 11 v.21H2

Are you playing with Raytracing on?
If so, that might be causing the problem as it seems to be related to performance issues on some systems.

The only other thing I can think of is mods, or maybe some other background application that causes a conflict. But RT seems to most likely culprit to me.

In general, CDPR support can be contacted here:

Yes. I'm playing with Raytracing on. The performance issue is momentary. Feels more like a menu/game asset loading/swapping issue to me because it only occurs for a moment and then performance goes back to normal. I have no mods to the game at all. I've had a few responses on Reddit about other people having the same issue and I've submitted a report about it on their Technical Support form.

Are you playing at 4K and with RT on your 3080? Then the culprit is likely VRAM.

Lower texture detail to medium.

The slowdowns returned for me after changing some graphic options so maybe its rtx shadow or other raytracing setting?

Top Bottom