Map too cluttered

+
The map is way too cluttered, it would be nice if there is a function to filter out multiple things on the map and points to where you want to go.

For example if I'm looking for a gun shop and clothing shop, I should be able to filter the rest out and only show me where the gun shops and clothing shops are. At this point of time the map is way too difficult to navigate and look for the things you need. This should also be implemented in the fast travel, as of now the fast travel has too little information. While the map has too much.

P.S I just found out you kinda do that already.

Last edited:
I think there is a way to filter it. at least i thought i did it once when i was looking for something. I will check when i play tonight and get back to you. Either way i do agree the map is absolutely loaded with icons and quest markers. I see a lot of them have the little yellow exclamation point on them which means i havent even looked at them yet on the map. Id rather have it be more fog of war type thing where it gets revealed as you find it or get tips from people in the world about nearby locations. i loved the way this was handled in Far Cry 5.

-tv

Forum regular
But you can filter it out!

The options are:
  1. None - See everything
  2. Drop Point - The selling vendor drop points (no buying) and depositing stuff.
  3. Service Point - The buy/sell vendors and Ripperdocs
  4. Fast Travel - Fast travel...
  5. Open World - Fixer locations, NCPD events (Assault in Progress, Reported Crimes, Suspected Crime Activity), and others like Tarots (if you progressed the story)
  6. Job - Quests
The keybinds are at the top left of your map.
1607954080031.png
1607954111699.png

Last edited:
^ We know this but I want to be able to select each single icon separately.
For example: Let me choose between main mission, side gig, and buyin a car. They all look the same. --> different icon pls.
Or I don't care about food vendors and guns when trying to find a clothing shop.

A filter system with tickboxes per icon (that saves after closing the map!!!) would be the best.

msxyz

Forum regular
The main problem of the map is that it doesn't cope well with the Z dimension. The city has multiple levels and sometimes it's not easy to understand where is the player.

The map is a mess, too many dots on the map. It's 2020, why bother make a beautiful 3D world when you need to navigate from the help of an map's indicator and mini map. It brings back nightmare of the Assassin's creed map years ago.

For better, they could have isolate specific area in 3D view, so player can have a better view of their position. Everytime, I rotate the map, the other buildings seem to blocking in the way. It's so weird, most of the time I just don't use the 3D view at all.

The map took me a while to get used to.. It gave me a bit of anxiety when I first fired it up. I know I should've probably thought "wow, look at all this content" but it felt super cluttered and had too much stuff going on. Filtering it works but it's not very intuitive.

One problem that I faced just today, was that when I zoomed out on the map, to see the districts, the filter disappeared. It is really annoying, and would be an easy fix.

Edit: Nevermind, you can see, which section of a district the marker is in, but I still think it would be nicer if the filtered markers just stayed visible.

Last edited:
The map is way too cluttered, it would be nice if there is a function to filter out multiple things on the map and points to where you want to go.

For example if I'm looking for a gun shop and clothing shop, I should be able to filter the rest out and only show me where the gun shops and clothing shops are. At this point of time the map is way too difficult to navigate and look for the things you need. This should also be implemented in the fast travel, as of now the fast travel has too little information. While the map has too much.

P.S I just found out you kinda do that already.
You can somewhat filter the map by using the scroll and by zooming out - doing this you can leave only the map marks of clothing/gun shops and your personal appartments on the map. But I agree it would be nice to have a more obvious way to filter out things you don't want to show on the map at any given moment.

The map would improve 300% for me if they would allow me to turn off just the stupid BUY CAR icons...

ANYONE know what texture file this buy car icon is? Maybe I could replace it with an empty/transparent file so it would be invisible in my game?

The map would improve 300% for me if they would allow me to turn off just the stupid BUY CAR icons...

ANYONE know what texture file this buy car icon is? Maybe I could replace it with an empty/transparent file so it would be invisible in my game?
This! I would really like to get rid of the 'cars to purchase' markers. It would be nice if we could select the markers we want on the map.

This! I would really like to get rid of the 'cars to purchase' markers. It would be nice if we could select the markers we want on the map.

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling the map in the game was deliberately made "lack luster" so their on line PREMIUM map which has all the functions we are asking for in this thread, would be more attractive for purchase.

I hope at some point they will not feel too embarrassed to sell it as DLC to be used in game off line instead of as on line webpage. I would pay for that although it should have been in the game in the first place.

Maybe they will surprise us and add it to the game as one of the free DLC? But that is unlikely as that could anger the people that paid for the website premium map.

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling the map in the game was deliberately made "lack luster" so their on line PREMIUM map which has all the functions we are asking for in this thread, would be more attractive for purchase.

I hope at some point they will not feel too embarrassed to sell it as DLC to be used in game off line instead of as on line webpage. I would pay for that although it should have been in the game in the first place.

Maybe they will surprise us and add it to the game as one of the free DLC? But that is unlikely as that could anger the people that paid for the website premium map.
OK, I wasn't even aware of an 'on line' premium map'. Going to look that one up, but, yeah, I see your point. Thanks for the comment.

OK, I wasn't even aware of an 'on line' premium map'. Going to look that one up, but, yeah, I see your point. Thanks for the comment.
I will email this to you directly. I love the game and still have much respect for the DEV but I do not want to do any more to help them to sell this map as I am half convinced this paid online map is part of the reason the in game map is so poor. If other people really want this map they can google it.

Top Bottom