map

+
map

Hello, I would like to know which is the map of the witcher 3 and when I look out the northern kingdoms but I want to know what is exactly the map and quieo else know if there are stations in the game because it would be great if any.
Thank you.

There's no official map for TW3 out yet. The only thing we can go on is just speculation.

Last edited:
Based on the trailers and interviews my bet would be that the map has its northernmost point in Novigrad or Tretegor, its easternmost point in the mahakam mountains, westernmost in the skellige islands and southernmost in the yaruga. So everything in that square.

I take a more conservative stance. northern most would be Novigrad., southeastern most would be Vizima, western most would be skellige isles, southern most would be the northern tip of the brokilon forest

So, Novigrad and No man' s land are the same region? The second is Skellige, and what is the third one? There should be three of them, if I am not wrong.

So, Novigrad and No man' s land are the same region? The second is Skellige, and what is the third one? There should be three of them, if I am not wrong.

Novigrad and No Man's Land are two different regions that are separated by the Pontar. We still don't know if we'll get a loading screen between these two zones, so maybe they are melded together.

There's no official map for TW3 out yet. The only thing we can go on is just speculation.

There's an official map, they just don't revealed it yet :lol:

No, they can even be connected without loading screen, like being frontier, attached one with the other, but no man's land is a contested region, and novigrad, at least in the beggining of the game will be northen exclusively (maybe depending on your choice will be conquered)

I think that indeed somewhere around Vizima there will be a vertical line to mark the easternmost point, westernmost is obviously Skellige islands, northernmost is Novigrad and Southernmost... hard to tell but probably either the "old border to Nilfgaard" or somwhere above.

Probably like this:

Last edited:
Actually, I expect that what's shown on the map taken from the CDPR Studio photo will actually be the full W3 map, minus Skellige. With travel to Skellige happening from Novigrad.

It would make sense seeing as in e.g. Skyrim you have a whole country you can cross in like 30 minutes. Of cource you always have to scale things down in open world games but at least by only having a small portion of Temeria it would be somewhat realistic.

I think that indeed somewhere around Vizima there will be a vertical line to mark the easternmost point, westernmost is obviously Skellige islands, northernmost is Novigrad and Southernmost... hard to tell but probably either the "old border to Nilfgaard" or somwhere above.

Probably like this:

I'd doubt that amount of landmass would be available to the player. No Man's Land is probably larger than Novigrad, sure, but to that extent? Even I'd think that would be too much of an undertaking.

Would be a nice reveal on E3 to finally know how the map will be looking like.

And if there will be other loading screens despite the one I expect from Skellige to main land.

If that's the whole map of TW3 (minus Skellige) then it's.....watery. Which makes sense considering this way travelling by boat would actually be useful and ineteresting. I would be OK with it, except for the fact that we wouldn't see Brokilon. I don't care if it would be out ot context, I just want to EXPERIENCE it!

I for one doubt it's the whole map (ofc minus Skellige). In the end this is like a snippet put in there purposely for fans. I doubt CDPR would make such a big reveal in this manner.

Okay, maybe my map shows too much, just to clarify this the Green Area is supposed to be No Mans Land, the Blue Area is just the contested land partially conquered by Nilfgaard.

But I agree, it might be too much.

Which map do you mean though with "the map taken from the CDPR Studio photo"?
The one on the last page above my post? Please tell me that's not true, that would be never 35 times as large as TW2.
Skellige Islands + A small slice of land which is about as big as a mid-sized island + Novigrad? I mean - seriously?
Lots of water there and lots of coast and aside from that nothing? They spoke about fields and forests and stuff. That can't be true.

I mean sure, I never expected it to be as big as on the map I posted, but at least a part of that, like half of the Dark Green area. Come on, that would make the No Mans Land ridiculously small really.... and the Boat Sequences being loading screens in between because of the distance basically makes no mans land not worth visiting if there is only so little room there in comparison with the skellige islands or Novigrad?

Sorry if I sound a little bit unthankful / disappointed here, but that is really unsettling me here...

EDIT: For those of you worrying about how "filled" the world will be 2 videos:

On this one start at 1:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqk-9FKcuZ4

For this one start at 5:56:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy2kXNJbqC8

Last edited:
Skellige Isles should be waaaay further south. But since there are normally no islands in that position, they may very well be Skellige. Sapkowski describes quite elaborately the shape and position of the Islands though, and these islands on the map do not quite fit the description in my opinion. Who knows though.

That is assuming that the river shown in the first picture is Pontar and not Yaruga. Because if it is Yaruga... OHMAHGAD

Edit number 2: I seem to have found a similarity with the previous game maps.The area shown is I believe the shores of Verden. The river on the north is Adalatte, on its mouth is the town of Kerack.

This means that we might actually see Brokilon forest after all. And Cidaris.

Here's the picture I compared it to. Try to find Verden and Kerack.

Also here is a link to the full screen picture.http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100624171100/witcher/images/8/80/Tw2_Map.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom