Maskarada (The Masquerade)

+
Maskarada (The Masquerade)

Hi! I have pleasure to say something about the main plot of our project – “Maskarada”Sergeant Efrem’s journalMondayMorning: Gods damn it! The merchant caravan arrived in the outskirts. Bloody bourgeoisie, they reserved whole inn. Damn, I planed get over there just after the work. But on the other hand, maybe I would be to get some free booze.Always look on the bright side of life!Noon: Doppler in outskirts of Vizima! Several hour ago this monstrous tried to rape local Herbswoman. Moreover this creature mimic her husband’s appearance. Blessing in disguise as soon as they met Doppler turn into his natural form. Women started screaming, Doppler started running, and fortunately no one got hurt.Late evening: I have to drink. Everything started with Doppler’s appearing, and now one of those merchant was killed. Coincidence? Bored gods? I don’t think so. I’m almost sure, that Doppler did this, but I don’t have any evidences.TuesdayMorning: Supposedly witcher is in the city. Captain want me to hire him to hunt down this blasted Doppler, at last city guard don’t ought to chase monsters.Noon: Witcher refused to fill the bill. These things happen, but who would've thought, that he propose his assistance in investigation? Certainly not me. Witcher didn’t ask for money, so I accept his support.Before I forget, this wicher named himself - Geralt of RiviaOkoNietoeprza & Michał, Story-Tellers.

[size=12pt]The Masquerade is first project of the Ifrit Team - our baptism of fire. But at the same time it is a first, introducing player to characters and story, mod of the larger saga. And I'm glad I can present you main ideas of our mod.What The Masquerade is about?Last days were really eventful for outskirts of Vyzima. Doppler - shape-shifting creature, the horrible aberration known also as vexling or mimic - appeared to be disguised as mercenary in the caravan from Vengerberg, but he managed to escape before anyone could question him. No one knows what happened with mercenary that doppler transformed in. Moreover rich merchant from the same caravan were murdered . It must have been that doppler right?! Or maybe not? Efrem - town watch officer - has big problem with solving this riddle. Fortunately famous Geralt of Rivia visited Vyzima once again and maybe he could help. Help someone to swing for his crime. Besides there are rumors that some phantoms haunt in the vicinity - job just for the witcher! For a fair price of course. What could you find in The Masquerade? Mod takes player back to Vyzima's outskirts where Geralt has chance to start new adventures. Mod is build around detective-like plot where player's main task would be to investigate the crime scene with mysterious shape-shifter as the main suspect. What distinguish The Masquerade? Great plot with numerous endings. Rich and amusing dialogs that would help you solve problems better than swinging your sword around. But of course drawing a blade is a part of every witcher life... so be prepare to fight for your life. Besides aren't you curious how doppler looks like? Because it is brand new model. Or do you know what is sparkler? At the same time we all are aware that Geralt is known among womenkind for his... sense of humour - do I have to say more? ;)When could you play The Masquerade?At this moment we start first beta tests for Polish version. Release is planned for the end of June. But don't be afraid - there is no need to learn Polish language. Translation works are already started, so English version should be avalaible soon as well :)TeasersBecause image speaks louder than word - here are few teasers for you ;)
Would you like to hear music sample? http://ifrit.pl/downloads/maskarada.mp3Despite outskirts is area from The Witcher's campaing, we don't simply put it in. Here are some screenshots of redecoration proces
Two examples of dramatis persone concept artsFriggin Werden - mercenary
Efrem "The Djinni" - town watch officer
[size=12pt]Stay tuned! [/size]

I just added my english corrections to the IFRIT forum for those of you who are interested and have access, under Translations

Do you have plans about russian version. We probably can help you in this. Tell me when all texts will be ready and we can start working on translation. Also we can help you in promotion etc.Contact me if you're interested in.

So far only localized version we thought about was the English because this option is possible to make (simply we don't know other languages like Russian or Italian well enough to deal with such task). But if anyone would like to translate our mods to other language - we have nothing against. Dialogs for The Masquerade in general are ready. However because most of you probably don't know Polish you would have to wait until we end English translation, so more less closest date for you to start localisations would be early July. I'll inform you on the progress in this thread so follow the news.

2[IFRIT] dadam:I will try to find some translators from Polish. So let me know when ALL texts (dialogs, description, quests etc) will be completed in Polish.

@game widowof course not :). rest of translations are to be made yet. there's summer exams period now, so college students have a lot of work to do anyway, but in a week or two more to proofread will be ready :)cheers

KsandrWarfire said:
Do you have plans about russian version. We probably can help you in this. Tell me when all texts will be ready and we can start working on translation. Also we can help you in promotion etc.Contact me if you're interested in.
Do you have englisch subtitle or "voice actors"? need to know ;)

After almost twelve years, "Masquerade", the longest project for "The Witcher", has come to an end. There was a long break, then the project was reactivated and finally it is finished. Greetings to the original Ifrit team who started it all, and to more than 50 people who participated in creating this adventure. More information and download links to follow soon.

Top Bottom