Mass Effect 5

+
Mass Effect 1 is still my all time numero uno number one favourite game.

Andromeda, whilst not reaching the lofty standards set, was still 100 hours of banging good fun in the ME settings.

So yeah - gimme! GIMME ALL THE EFFECTED MASS!

^This. The original game is one of the all time classic titles. Open exploration, aliens, guns, sweet next gen tech, and "space magic" Ezo.

Andromeda for all its flaws has the best combat flow of all the ME titles. The game play is excellent in combat, allowing extremely fluid action across terrain and objects. The story is terrible however and filled with gaping plot holes everywhere and zero internal logic or consistency.

Kinda miffed this one is not set in Andromeda. It really needs a second iteration with a much better storyline for the franchise as a whole. While I will definately be taking a look at ME5, falling back on "shepard" again is rather trite.

^This. The original game is one of the all time classic titles. Open exploration, aliens, guns, sweet next gen tech, and "space magic" Ezo.

Andromeda for all its flaws has the best combat flow of all the ME titles. The game play is excellent in combat, allowing extremely fluid action across terrain and objects. The story is terrible however and filled with gaping plot holes everywhere and zero internal logic or consistency.

Kinda miffed this one is not set in Andromeda. It really needs a second iteration with a much better storyline for the franchise as a whole. While I will definately be taking a look at ME5, falling back on "shepard" again is rather trite.

Yeah, when I saw the teaser, bit disappointed that they're not going to try to resolve issues and expand Andromeda, hopefully it's just a nod to get people hyped.

Yeah, when I saw the teaser, bit disappointed that they're not going to try to resolve issues and expand Andromeda, hopefully it's just a nod to get people hyped.

People who have overanalyzed the trailer have noted that the trailer shows 2 galaxies at the beginning and that of course Liara is much older.. So the current theory is that ME5 will try to continue the story of both galaxies.

Well, that would be freaking awesome....

*puts hype in a little jar on the shelf so it doesn't take over"

One can hope.

Maybe EA learnt from Fallen Order that Single Player RPGs can also be successful and profitable.

I actually did like Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda. Andromeda taught us though that you really can't rush stuff like that. Due to mismanagement, Andromeda - just like CP 2077 for that matter - was a huge mess. The game was a product of - what exactly? - two (?) years of work after it was scrapped due to internal issues. For just two years of development, it was really good. Sad though that BioWare couldn't develop the game further with DLC etc. Not as awesome as Obsidian with Fallout New Vegas with even less time, but still...

This truly made 2020 somewhat bearable. Bioware obviously learned their lesson and they know exactly what the player base wants. I genuinely don't understand the sour cynics, I know we got burned by Andromeda (ME3 is canon, get over it, it was a good game, maybe a bit much on the action and the ending but at least it actually was ME!) but give them another shot.

I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to go a completely different direction with ME because 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' but I'm sure that person has learned their lesson from the vast array of negative feedback.

Reporting for duty, commander. N7 for life!

This truly made 2020 somewhat bearable. Bioware obviously learned their lesson and they know exactly what the player base wants. I genuinely don't understand the sour cynics, I know we got burned by Andromeda (ME3 is canon, get over it, it was a good game, maybe a bit much on the action and the ending but at least it actually was ME!) but give them another shot.

I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to go a completely different direction with ME because 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' but I'm sure that person has learned their lesson from the vast array of negative feedback.

Reporting for duty, commander. N7 for life!

The only true worry I have is there is a lot of chatter and talk and celebration about the online elements in their games going forward.

Nothing kills strong single player stories like moving part or whole of it online.

Can't wait. :)
Ten-Mass-Effect-Glitches-Header.jpg

I don't expecting anything from BioWare, I bought Andromeda and Anthem at release and both disappoint me, story wise wasn't as interesting as Dragon Age or ME. I just hope they don't mess up the remastered of the trilogy. I felt a kind of closure with ME 3, I really don't need another sequel. I prefer to wait for a new IP or maybe rework of Anthem.

You raise a fair point, they'll probably find a way to fuck it up somehow by running ads instead of loading screens or making it episodic or cram in microtransaction garbage that was never there in the first place like what Activision did with the COD4 remaster.​
i dont know why but i have this feeling that the remasters will probably answer that question
its as beautiful as a toupee, i think the crucible is one of the worst plot device i had ever seen in a story i was expecting a shit ending as soon as it was introduced ,but what was very weird for me was how the story was confused ,part of it wants to focus on unity the other is on the crucible and the way that it ends with probably one of the worst endings to a story that till this very day leaves a sour taste on whoever loved the series
This! haha wow.
Not true. Cyberpunk endings are very different between each other, both in the missions and themes. People who are disappointed with them, are for a different reason, which I don't think it's mature and I don't share. But we are OT
>pick an ending out of these couple of endings
>all endings are horrible

Yea It feels the same alright.

one word

EA

What do you expect?
YUP LOL

EA is high quality wow :ROFLMAO:

Ah yes. cant wait for it 5 years lol.

Anyway (my) current plan is the remastered collection supposedly coming in February, which honestly wouldn't be a bad deal ALL dlc's and all games for 60 bucks? I'll take that when I form my opinon based on reviews.

So couple other things,as you might or might not know Bioware went thru serious staff changes in the past years, more recently C. Hudson and Mark Darrah leaving the studio after many many years.
Now these staff changes arent neccessarily a red flag. Mike Gamble is now the Project Director on the new mass effect. He recently states that a couple veteran ME trilogy devs came back to specifically work on this new title. ( https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/15/several-bioware-veterans-return-for-new-mass-effect-game )

He also confirmed 100% that "thing" Liara walking on is a dead reaper, which again points to destroy ending being canon, and the game being a sequel for both Andromeda and Trilogy.

Honestly I got a tiny bit of hope in me after Anthem and Andromeda , they know that the new DA and this MUST be successful.

As for the legendary edition, rumours are that only the first game will be 'significantly' changed gameplay and etc wise to adhere to 2020/21 standarts the rest are remasters ( kinda like how Mafia did it). The studio working on this is https://abstraction.games/ , they specialize in porting games and Unreal engine which is what the trilogy games are running, I got no doubt that they can handle it.

Last edited:
Mixed feelings about this.

The original trilogy of Mass Effect games is probably my favorite game series of all time.

On the other hand Mass Effect: Andromeda was a mess, and while DA:I was much better received by fans than Andromeda I couldn't get into it and thought the open world aspects of Inquisition were just as dull. Didn't play Anthem but one doesn't have to played the game to know it is poorly regarded by players and was a critical flop. That doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in the company's products.

But...the teaser trailer seems like it is going with Destroy as canon (dead Reapers, destroyed relays) and Destroy was the ending that always felt like it was the best fit for the series, even though Synthesis was apparently the darling of the lead writers. Honestly Destroy being canon was the biggest surprise of that teaser trailer, though a welcome one. It also leaves more room for new stories to be told since it is the only ending of the three to get the Reapers entirely out of the way.

That the game is taking the player back at least in part to original setting, is bringing back Liara and maybe Shepard as well, also have me interested to see what pans out.

I'm not certain Shepard should be the lead character again though. Having him/her in the Anderson role for a new protagonist could be fun.

Wait and see for me. I'd be overjoyed to see Bioware bounce back and make the game ME universe deserves, but I'm not sure if I'm their target audience anymore, seeing how Andromeda tried to emulate Marvel movies (stupid jokes and quips all the time) instead of Star Trek.

I think the tone of Andromeda was a reaction to the popularity of the Citadel DLC. That DLC has a fairly similar tone and even characters that were serious in the main game were suddenly slinging humorous quips left and right.

The thing is...the Citadel DLC was popular because it was only a couple hours of that at most, and because the more lighthearted tone felt like welcome break from the unrelenting grimness of the main game. It was also the Normandy crew's last hurrah, after the party they were all headed into the final battle.

Stretching that tone out over 60 hours of game just didn't work.

Hopefully that lesson was learned going into ME5. The game can have it's humorous moments, but don't overdo it.

Top Bottom