Mass Effect: Andromeda

+
Ehhh I'm not overly thrilled by that. I was hoping we'd be able to play as a different race to human.

But I've always preferred Dragon Age to Mass Effect so I'm not as invested in the direction this series goes, tbh.

I agree, but then again I don't know what race I should choose either Turian or Krogan.

All those "meet new races" reminded me of this

Last edited:
Hmmm, I haven't played any of the DLCs. Are they good?

Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2 is one of the best parts of the entire series. The Citadel DLC for ME3 is fantastic as well, but a little campy. Leviathan for ME3 is also really good as the end of ME3 is much more fleshed out with that DLC. Javik, Kasumi and Zaeed are all very interesting characters and make the games much better IMO. Overlord for ME2 is a good morality story but nothing overly special. Bring Down the Sky in ME1 has some interesting content. Omega DLC for ME3 has awesome game play and good characters but the story is meh. Firewalker pack is pretty lame IMO. Never got the other DLCs.

Oh and the extended cut of ME3 makes the disappointing ending at least a little better (so I've heard, I never played it with the original ending).

Last edited:
Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2 is one of the best parts of the entire series. The Citadel DLC for ME3 is fantastic as well, but a little campy. Leviathan for ME3 is also really good as the end of ME3 is much more fleshed out with that DLC. Javik, Kasumi and Zaeed are all very interesting characters and make the games much better IMO. Overlord for ME2 is a good morality story but nothing overly special. Bring Down the Sky in ME1 has some interesting content. Omega DLC for ME3 has awesome game play and good characters but the story is meh. Firewalker pack is pretty lame IMO. Never got the other DLCs.

Oh and the extended cut of ME3 makes the disappointing ending at least a little better (so I've heard, I never played it with the original ending).

I've played the ME2 DLC but I think I'm going to get the ME3 DLC soon.

They could make a final, Arrival-style DLC as a lead-up for ME4 where you task is to choose individuals to lead the volunteers on the Ark. For example, do you choose a Krogan who is in favor of curing the genophage or not? Do you include the Geth? Maybe you could choose weak leaders for the aliens and strong leaders for the humans as a way to influence politics.

Alternatively, it could also be the prologue of ME4. DLCs have the weakness of not being played by the whole playerbase so I don't think putting such important decisions on a DLC would be a good idea.

Last edited:
They could make a final, Arrival-style DLC as a lead-up for ME4 where you task is to choose individuals to lead the volunteers on the Ark. For example, do you choose a Krogan who is in favor of curing the genophage or not? Do you include the Geth? Maybe you could choose weak leaders for the aliens and strong leaders for the humans as a way to influence politics.

Alternatively, it could also be the prologue of ME4. DLCs have the weakness of not being played by the whole playerbase so I don't think putting such important decisions on a DLC would be a good idea.

Yeah I would say the DLC for ME3 make it better overall experience (which is a little infuriating because you have to pay extra for some of the best stuff). I would say you should definitely get Citadel, Leviathan and Javik (whatever his DLC is called). Citadel is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. It's more light-hearted than the rest of ME3, but it's EXTREMELY satisfying. Leviathan is intense, adds a lot to the story and has some good character beats too. Javik makes the game MUCH better as he adds lots of information and a completely different perspective to the crew (NOTE: Take him and Liara with you on Priority: Thessia). Omega DLC is more iffy. It has really good gameplay, probably some of the best in the entire series, but it doesn't add anything to the story overall IMO.

I would love a DLC to ME3 that points us in the direction of ME4. I doubt they will do it at this point as they will want the first foray into the new series to be the main game itself.

Yeah I would say the DLC for ME3 make it better overall experience (which is a little infuriating because you have to pay extra for some of the best stuff). I would say you should definitely get Citadel, Leviathan and Javik (whatever his DLC is called). Citadel is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. It's more light-hearted than the rest of ME3, but it's EXTREMELY satisfying. Leviathan is intense, adds a lot to the story and has some good character beats too. Javik makes the game MUCH better as he adds lots of information and a completely different perspective to the crew (NOTE: Take him and Liara with you on Priority: Thessia). Omega DLC is more iffy. It has really good gameplay, probably some of the best in the entire series, but it doesn't add anything to the story overall IMO.

I would love a DLC to ME3 that points us in the direction of ME4. I doubt they will do it at this point as they will want the first foray into the new series to be the main game itself.

Being the sucker that I am, I bought the Collector's Edition so I got to play with Javik. Definitely one of their best characters to date.

They could still do the story I mentioned in the prologue of ME4, as a final goodbye to Shepard and the team and the Galaxy we leave behind. It could take place during the invasion or just before the end (to make the situation more tense)

Last edited:
... a final goodbye to Shepard and the team and the Galaxy we leave behind. It could take place during the invasion or just before the end (to make the situation more tense)

If you are looking for this, then you need to play the Citadel DLC. I will say nothing more on the topic.

EDIT: I lied - two tips to maximize enjoyment if you don't mind mild spoilers

(1) don't play this until after Priority: Horizon and (2) invite everyone that you can to the party ... you'll know what I mean when you get there.

Last edited:
My question is why they still call it Mass Effect?
I mean there are no mass effects in the Andromeda galaxy. No Citadel also. And no reapers. (thank god)
Acutally they could have made a up a whole new franchise, I wouldn't mind.

But I also have to say that it all sounds not very promising. The story is like in all other BW games since years: Gather Allies to fight an overwhelming threat. Also not very fond of these strike team missions either.
Though we have to see how it's done finally.
The story is key for me.
Hopefully there a lot of places,planets worth to explore with some meaningful sidequests and that it not turns out to be a bigger DA:I.

How do you know Andromeda doesn't have a similar kind of threat that made similar kinds of transportation? Maybe the Reapers found out about our little Ark and sent half of their ships to Andromeda?

I do agree that there should be more meaningful side-quests. I don;t remember where I read this but I swear BioWare said in an interview that ME4 won't be like DA:I

EDIT:

Ah, here it is.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02...-effect-4-wont-be-like-dragon-age-inquisition

I have reason to believe them. Why? It's next gen only.

Last edited:
According to Twitter, there are some rumours that Bioware are planning to release a re-mastered version (including all DLC) of the entire Mass Effect trilogy, to be released before Mass Effect 4.

Honestly I'd really love that. I've been replaying the entire Mass Effect series these past few weeks and it would be wonderful to replay them all with better graphics (and in ME1's case, better combat) and other updates.

According to Twitter, there are some rumours that Bioware are planning to release a re-mastered version (including all DLC) of the entire Mass Effect trilogy, to be released before Mass Effect 4.

Honestly I'd really love that. I've been replaying the entire Mass Effect series these past few weeks and it would be wonderful to replay them all with better graphics (and in ME1's case, better combat) and other updates.

They are ? Hopefully they do a good job of it. I mean, I had a remastered version of old Command & Conquer games from EA once...and they don't work.

They are ? Hopefully they do a good job of it. I mean, I had a remastered version of old Command & Conquer games from EA once...and they don't work.

It's just what I heard. I read one source that confirmed it but I don't think they actually know for sure.

I think Mass Effect 1 and 2 could really benefit from some updates, just making the combat better would give them both better replayability. And it might be nice if they're all remastered at once, so my Shepard can actually look the same across all 3 games, instead of suddenly changing her appearance in ME3.

Considering what DA:I did to Cullen, I'd be excited to see what a remastered Mass Effect could do with its cast :p

Hopefully that means updated art style and graphics and Mass Effect 3 gameplay for all games. Some new DLC wouldn't hurt either.

Hopefully that means updated art style and graphics and Mass Effect 3 gameplay for all games. Some new DLC wouldn't hurt either.

That would certainly be nice. I don't know if they'd bother with another DLC however since I'm guessing most of the team would be busy on Mass Effect 4.

It's just what I heard. I read one source that confirmed it but I don't think they actually know for sure.

I think Mass Effect 1 and 2 could really benefit from some updates, just making the combat better would give them both better replayability.

That would be awesome. I only played the first Mass Effect game one time, the game is really good but the combat.. I had issues with that.. a lot. I actually never even thought about replaying it after that one playthrough. The other 2 I did complete several times though. So if they would do that, I would definitely get it. ME3's combat was the best.

That would be awesome. I only played the first Mass Effect game one time, the game is really good but the combat.. I had issues with that.. a lot. I actually never even thought about replaying it after that one playthrough. The other 2 I did complete several times though. So if they would do that, I would definitely get it. ME3's combat was the best.

Yeah definitely. The only reason I replayed ME1 in the first place was because I left my old save file on another pc and didn't want to use the crappy default save.
Giving all 3 games ME3 combat would be amazing. My fave thing about ME3's combat in being a Vanguard and biotic charging enemies and then punching them to death.

Yeah definitely. The only reason I replayed ME1 in the first place was because I left my old save file on another pc and didn't want to use the crappy default save.
Giving all 3 games ME3 combat would be amazing. My fave thing about ME3's combat in being a Vanguard and biotic charging enemies and then punching them to death.

Haha, know what you mean. I preferred the sentinel. Nothing can beat warping your enemy, then using throw on them, causing a biotic explosion on them. Loved that. in ME1 I had my assault rifle but never used it, after 5 shots the next ones were all over the place, so I finished the game with a damn pistol and shotguns for close range.

Haha, know what you mean. I preferred the sentinel. Nothing can beat warping your enemy, then using throw on them, causing a biotic explosion on them. Loved that. in ME1 I had my assault rifle but never used it, after 5 shots the next ones were all over the place, so I finished the game with a damn pistol and shotguns for close range.

Do you mean adept? I didn't think sentinel's had warp ... but I could be wrong. If you did mean Adept, then that is my favorite too! Singularities and biotic explosions FTW.

Top Bottom