Mass Effect: Andromeda

+
ooodrin;n8267900 said:
From what I've seen, this game sorely needs an option to quote Blackadder and say: "Never, ever try to be funny in my presence again". Honestly, the prospect of being harvested by the Reapers in Milky Way looks far less painful compared to listening some of the "jokes" in Andromeda. Plus, the writers were merciless in their resolve not to allow the players enough time to take a break and recover from exposure to their "humor".
So much this. I never experienced such brain pain in gaming.

Well I just finished it an hour ago (yay a whole 18 hours)......well I left off most of the side fluff quests......but overall ......disappointed. But is that because I have played the Witcher games and not used to subpar game development and poor story telling??. I dunno the Witcher 3 and it DLC is the yard stick I now measure games by, and so far nothing is even coming close. Guess you have all seen the animations meme and gif floating around....but overall it just lacks punch......and I feel like I have just played the first episode of something.....and knowing EA.....dlc is coming.

I hardly crafted anything, missed a lot of the side quests cause it throws so many at you at once (most are travel here...scan that.....travel back and get a 20 second dialog from the quest givers). There is also no consequences for your actions or decisions, as the honestly don't effect the overall story line at all.

I expected more from a bioware game (DAI was cool, I have no complaints about it, it kept me occupied ...till TW3 came on the scene), but its kind of evident Andromeda was created by their B studio....it has B's all over it, bad dialog, bad animation.....mediocre story...yeesh......I could go on. I played it on a ps4 pro on a 4k TV and honestly......the graphics are nothing special......kinda questioning if it really running in 4k....cause it looks the same on my old ps4 on a standard HD TV. Horizon Zero Dawn is by far the prettiest t 4k game out there atm, FF15 coming in a close second, TW3 still puts some ps4 pro games to shame (including MEA) especially when running in boost mode.

It got bad scores to...what's a bet.....it goes on sale 2 month down the line from now...so if you have not got it yet...just wait and pick it up for cheap lol, but as it stands atm....its not worth its current asking price.

Its DAI in space........nuff said

.....and now..."my face is tired".......of.....playing it" (sorry I could not help my self from saying that :)

Last edited:
The only thing good about MEA is the combat.

CDPR just manage to spoil another game for me... The conversations in MEA is.... abysmal.

I'm currently right after
leaving the Remnant vault on Eos :geraltfeelgood:
and the combat is so dynamic! Loving it so far, although some of the face animations could use an upgrade.

It definitely doesn't beat ME:2 for me though.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Ashwind123;n8406320 said:
The only thing good about MEA is the combat.

I'd say the final mission was one of few things they managed to do extremely well. Not as epic as "Suicide Mission", but it was remarkably similar to what I hoped for when I was playing ME3 and "Priority: Earth" for the first time.
Unlocking father's memories and especially the final set of audio logs is another instance where the game shines. Also, Tempest is a thing of beauty, props to the designers.
Overall, I feel the game's biggest weakness is over-reliance on "low effort" quests and shooting for quantity over quality. When playtime is artificially extended to 100 or more hours, poor dialogue and writing becomes much more apparent and annoying.

The patch fixed a few things and improved performance a lot, to me. Now I'm at 154 hours into the game since I can only play a few hours a day or even less. I'll stick to my Metacritic Review. It's still a 9.0 game to my book. And I am too pretty demanding. DA:O and TW3 are masterpieces that hardly are going to be equalled except perhaps if the same teams worked on a sequel of both games.

Mar 25, 2017

I'm only some 25 hours into the game, SP mostly, exploring every bit of of it, INSANITY difficulty. All my old ME3 friends are on Multiplayer climbing to the top of the chart as they used to in ME3. I'll get a late start into real MP obsession at some point but I am enjoying the SP so very much (INSANITY!!! it helps!)
I get all the negative reviews and I cannot really argue or disagree with them. They are all correct in their own perspective and I'd love to see the Bioware I knew back in Baldur's Gate days. But when I got my first outpost coming down from the sky after a hell of a work to get it done, it gave me some strong emotions. Good ones too. Like some I got from Gothic 2, The Witcher (all of them), Dragon Age Origins and the Mass Effect games (of course, the last 10 min of ME3 excluded). I am enjoying to play Andromeda like if it were one of those great games despite of its flaws. Maybe I got too soft while aging or maybe young people nowadays are too demanding. I followed pre-release Andromeda Initiative and signed up and watched it all. I was excited with it while waiting for the chance to play. Honestly, I am not even a bit frustrated. I wish I had a better rig for better FPS and graphics but I'm working on it soon. I am actually impressed that the game can be much better than so many b/s I've played throughout the years and it's not different of what was presented in the pre-release vids and cinematics. I am loving my pathfinder and all she is doing in game. The companions are cool too. The only thing that makes me sad about it is that Bioware is no CDPR and there will be no Enhanced Edition or a super mega hiper patch for free, fixing most of the flaws. But that's only my guessing. Who knows what they have learned watching CDPR going from a small Warsaw studio to one of the most brilliant game developers. I still pray that EA gets their dirty hands far away from those Polish guys. The rest, I can live with. Combat is cool! INSANITY!!!

ooodrin;n8408540 said:
I'd say the final mission was one of few things they managed to do extremely well. Not as epic as "Suicide Mission", but it was remarkably similar to what I hoped for when I was playing ME3 and "Priority: Earth" for the first time.
Unlocking father's memories and especially the final set of audio logs is another instance where the game shines. Also, Tempest is a thing of beauty, props to the designers.
Overall, I feel the game's biggest weakness is over-reliance on "low effort" quests and shooting for quantity over quality. When playtime is artificially extended to 100 or more hours, poor dialogue and writing becomes much more apparent and annoying.

The final mission was good. I wont say it is exceptionally well. Not as good as DA:O or ME1 and ME2. Definitely the best Bioware "ending" since ME2.

The visuals are beautiful, I especially like the Vaults. Unfortunately, they all look the same after the first couple missions and it does not feel organic. Not enough variety.

Boss fights are also repeated so many times that it gets really boring; the first Architect was fun, the second was fun, the third and fourth becomes boring and repetitive. Worse of all is system/planet hopping.

Dialogues... I cringe at listening to them really. It is so.... "artificial" so... "emotionless". Couple that with the weird facial animation! It is like watching a horror comedy - except it is really scary. "Your father is dead"... why the hell is Ryder grinning??

RageGT;n8410270 said:
The only thing that makes me sad about it is that Bioware is no CDPR and there will be no Enhanced Edition or a super mega hiper patch for free, fixing most of the flaws. But that's only my guessing. Who knows what they have learned watching CDPR going from a small Warsaw studio to one of the most brilliant game developers. I still pray that EA gets their dirty hands far away from those Polish guys. The rest, I can live with. Combat is cool! INSANITY!!!

Enhance Edition? For Free? EA? :huh:

I am anticipating something like a DA:I Trespassers DLC to somewhat wrap up the main story. Some 2~4 hour DLC selling for like $15. That is more like EA.

Guest 3847602

Wouldn't put too much stock in Kotaku's articles, but if true, the only thing I can say is: Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Top Bottom