Mass Effect: Andromeda

+
Thanks Frostbite.

There is no way the game will be out in "early 2017" as they say.

The trailer was soulless.

Wasn't really a trailer, just a behind the scenes teaser...but I gotta say, I was expecting a lot more after 5 years of development.

Also this Asari is cute. I wanna date her already

looks like a male

And in some months we will see the UI on top of the pretty pictures, and we discover the game is full of "resources" to collect, like minerals, relic of ancient civilisations, plants and energies. And a big bunch of the interest I would have had for the game will leave me.

The whole presentation :
The speech of the producer is uninspired, there's a 45 sec uninteresting scene in space, followed by the trailer showcasing mostly boring landscapes and space vehicles.
3 minutes were allowed for Andromeda during the showcase... Strip all "dev is doing things" from the trailer and you're left with a teaser that is leaving my excitement very thin.
So they have this big new toy to play with (a new galaxy) and all they found in their creative mind is deserts, jungles, moons and trees with red leaves.
And the charging creature is basically a Brute from ME3. I killed billions of Brutes in ME3 MP...

Well, that was a very poor trailer overall.

The whole presentation :
The speech of the producer is uninspired, there's a 45 sec uninteresting scene in space, followed by the trailer showcasing mostly boring landscapes and space vehicles.
3 minutes were allowed for Andromeda during the showcase... Strip all "dev is doing things" from the trailer and you're left with a teaser that is leaving my excitement very thin.
So they have this big new toy to play with (a new galaxy) and all they found in their creative mind is deserts, jungles, moons and trees with red leaves.
And the charging creature is basically a Brute from ME3. I killed billions of Brutes in ME3 MP...

Well, that was a very poor trailer overall.

same shit as last year....

summed up:

I'm not that interested in SC, but the following trailer has everything I expected from MEA and everything it didn't have:
[video=youtube;zG-82TakEqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG-82TakEqk[/video]

Hmmm, I was expecting to see a lot more, considering this supposedly is that last E3 before the game releases... Won't be the case I guess.

On a plus side, the facial animations finally look good :) On the negative side, we only saw one character on that regard, on a public showing in a huge expo... :D So the rest is up for debate.

At least they showed a bit more then Star Wars game department, though it's definitely disappointing how one year before release they have nothing noteworthy to show, which makes the current release date somewhat doubtful. The only concrete piece of info I saw so far came from the 4chan leak (which is not exactly trustworthy, however the guy who post it seemed quite credible) and it doesn't fill me with confidence, because it paints the picture of Inquisition in space with all of it downsides. I still hope the game turns out to be a breath of the fresh air for the franchise that it desperately needed after ME3 and the new setting gives them an opportunity for just that.

Or it will be such a huge disappointment, that it will make me realise that ME3 was actually pretty good. Win-win situation either way.

there won't be any gameplay trailer or anything concrete until next year, it's still to early, i think the game is not even finished

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/4o2p0z/everything_weve_learnt_about_andromeda_from_e3/ a good summary of everything we know about Andromeda.

I know barely anyone here likes BioWare much but I loved DA:I (it's actually my 2nd most played game at about 800ish hours after Skyrim at about 900) so I'm confident I will enjoy Andromeda. If they manage to follow through on these above areas, then I will be satisfied.
I liked DA:I more than Origins, you're not alone. And I give praise to BioWare about creating their own lore and still making western party-based RPG when the genre is abandoned or stuck in nostalgia galore. But nothing in Andromeda interests me so far: everything I know about it is "what I expected"... That's dull. Duh, of course the engine will be better, that's the least you can do (eventhough the game doesn't look as good as a lot of other games shown this year)...
It lacks something really new, it lacks ideas and ambition... Explore a new galaxy? Why the only creature they show is so inspired I've also seen it in the Gears of War 4 trailer? Why all the environments seen so far look so familiar and "earthly" then (desert, forest, dunes, moon)? The "Mass Effect" brand won't be enough. Of course this is a 30 seconds long "teaser" (once you strip everything that has been already seen and devs working), but couldn't we expect some ideas and original features to be shown? Even the unexpected growing beard in TW3 is more interesting than anything expected I've seen in Andromeda so far...

They have been working on Andromeda since 2012 and it doesn't feel like it...

Last edited:
I liked DA:I more than Origins, you're not alone. And I give praise to BioWare about creating their own lore and still making western party-based RPG when the genre is abandoned or stuck in nostalgia galore. But nothing in Andromeda interests me so far: everything I know about it is "what I expected"... That's dull. Duh, of course the engine will be better, that's the least you can do (eventhough the game doesn't look as good as a lot of other games shown this year)...
It lacks something really new, it lacks ideas and ambition... Explore a new galaxy? Why the only creature they show is so inspired I've also seen it in the Gears of War 4 trailer? Why all the environments seen so far look so familiar and "earthly" then (desert, forest, dunes, moon)? The "Mass Effect" brand won't be enough. Of course this is a 30 seconds long "teaser" (once you strip everything that has been already seen and devs working), but couldn't we expect some ideas and original features to be shown? Even the unexpected growing beard in TW3 is more interesting than anything expected I've seen in Andromeda so far...

They have been working on Andromeda since 2012 and it doesn't feel like it...

It's a shame you feel like that. For me the most important part of all BioWare games is the overreaching main plot, and we know barely anything about this at all. As long as BioWare have a good main plot, and their characters are well written, I think Andromeda will be a success.

They've been very cagey with details regarding the characters and plot, which makes me wonder if there are going to be some interesting plot twists. I follow one of Mass Effect's writers on twitter and he genuinely seems to think Andromeda is going to be amazing (I don't think it's just fake hype) so I guess it's keeping me interested.

Also, BioWare have said they're not releasing any information until they know 100% it won't be changing (since if you remember the DA:I demo video it showed features that never made it into the final cut, which disappointed a lot of people) and will be final, so I think they are holding a lot of stuff back.

Last edited:
If I have to collect another Shard or visit another Point of Interest I'm gonna go crazy.

I am tired. TIRED of picking up all sorts of useless breadcrumb junk that I have to grind just because developers don't know what to do with a huge open world.

Looking forward for this. I am finding myself already thinking about a good first name for my Ryder.

Hmmmm, Abraham would have some nice symbolic significance.... Or maybe something simple like Thomas....

Pre-made characters like Geralt in RPGs are all nice and fine but it is always tons of fun to create your own.

Last edited:
Top Bottom