Mass Effect: Andromeda

+
I still have no interest for the game. Bad animations, old DA (very geth-like, but aren't we supposed to be in another galaxy? I expected something a bit more creative).

I like the fact it looks more ME than ME2 and ME3 though (even if I like ME2 more than the others).

Last edited:
My issue with Andromeda is I'm expecting something more "alien" than "alien". We already had something exotic in the previous trilogy. I can't find anything very exotic, from a ME player point of view, in what they've shown of MEA so far.

edit: and we haven't seen anything like dialogue choices, combat mechanics. Unfortunately it reminds me of what I'm currently experiencing in Deus Ex: MD, a "shiny new thing" with 2000s mechanics and technical "prowesses"...
The issue with BioWare (and that is shared with Bethesda) is not that they're doing "modern gaming" games, it's that they're stuck with old stuff. The animations, the "uuh, uuh" of the Asari while she's evading the attack in the end. It's like we came back to the time where we started using motion capture and started voice acting action sequences. In front of what I've seen of Star Citizen some days ago, MEA feels like a "remaster" of a game released 10 years ago.

Last edited:
I still have no interest for the game. Bad animations, old DA (very geth-like, but aren't we supposed to be in another galaxy? I expected something a bit more creative).

I like the fact it looks more ME than ME2 and ME3 though (even if I like ME2 more than the others).

"Bad animations" you mean like Witcher 3 level of bad? :)

I don't know, I have nothing bad to say about TW3 animations to be honest, some flaws, but nothing as immersion-breaking as Ryder's fucking shoulders movements and animation transitions. It's pre-alpha of course, but BioWare never managed to make good animations.

edit: definitely an improvement over ME3 though, but that wasn't hard. ME3 running animation: eww.

I see that there's this specific ME atmosphere in it. Good, I was afraid that it might get lost after ME3. Waiting, hoping...give me that game already !

Gerald running animation was awkward. He run like he has a ruler on his back. I don't even mention his animation doesn't interact with terrain at all, which was very immersion breaking for me.

Gerald running animation was awkward. He run like he has a ruler on his back. I don't even mention his animation doesn't interact with terrain at all, which was very immersion breaking for me.

?

He has different running animations depending on if he moves on regular terrain, upwards or steep terrain.

i'll get this game as soon as it's released, i want to explore the new galaxy and see what interestin story we have now, and play the whole day the multiplayer

Wow I'm totally sure this account isn't a throwaway one used for troling,

I'd tell you to go back to the BSN but... ;)

---------- Updated at 02:46 AM ----------

I don't know, I have nothing bad to say about TW3 animations to be honest, some flaws, but nothing as immersion-breaking as Ryder's fucking shoulders movements and animation transitions. It's pre-alpha of course, but BioWare never managed to make good animations.

edit: definitely an improvement over ME3 though, but that wasn't hard. ME3 running animation: eww.
Apparently animations were one of things they were supposed to be focusing on but I'm not seeing it.

Whenever someone says "Gerald" I always think this:

If you're going to pretend that you've played the game so that you can criticize it, at least learn the protag's name FFS.

For a first reveal that was fairly underwhelming. I mean the graphics look good. but it just seemed like a generic clip from a series on the sci-fi channel. Nothing about it really screamed Mass Effect to me.

Strange they didn't show off the latest iteration of the series' trademark pop-a-mole cover-and-shoot combat. The environment's layout surely looked like it could have supported that.

This thread is about Mass Effect: Andromeda. We have an entire forum devoted to the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/36-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt. Let's keep debate about Witcher 3 animations there. Back on topic.

EDIT: Little extra info - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromedas-male-and-female-characters-/1100-6443398/

I had heard a few theories that this was going to be the case. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I think it has the potential to go either way. The specific theory I read was that the E3 2015 character is dad, you pick to be either son or daughter, and the other sibling ends up becoming an antagonist.

---------- Updated at 08:51 AM ----------

A post has been deleted. Do not debate moderation publicly. Please use private messages per the rules. Thank you.

Last edited:
Sorry about that "Gerald" haha. But lets face it, i could butcher his name in much worse manner.
Lets say Jerald? :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n33xyShsZdk

Video analysis of the game by ME Odyssey. They believe (NO CONFIRMATION OBVIOUSLY) that the voice actor for male Ryder appears to be Nolan North (Nathan Drake & a slew of other roles) and the voice actor for female Asari character appears to be Kimberly Brooks (Ashley Williams in ME Trilogy). After listening to the video again, I think their guesses sound right - especially the Nolan North one.

EDIT: The voice actor speculation starts around 17:00 into the video.

Last edited:
It definitely feels weird that this is the first gameplay video we see, I mean you would kinda expect a huge reveal, instead of a small presentation video. Looks like Bioware made a deal that Mass Effect will be a part of this presentation early on and were sure that they will be able to release first gameplay at E3 before that, but then some heavy development issues came by (which most likely have been a reason for delay as well), so all they managed to show for E3 was the video that said "Yeah, we still working on it" plus a glimpse of new facial animations. Then they had obligations to fulfill in regards to that presentation, so they had no choice, but quickly capture a short gameplay video of clearly far from finished version of the game (no visible companions outside of cutscene, empty map), so it all ended with a very anticlimactic gameplay reveal.

Don't feed the troll.

That ME video was super boring... I don't feel they have a clue about what they are going to do with the franchise.

Top Bottom