Mass Effect: Andromeda

+

Guest 3847602

Yeah, they do, definitely. So… we talk about Andromeda as the spiritual successor to Mass Effect 1. To us this means that we think about y’know… really, Andromeda is our chance to do a lot of things that were ideas that we couldn’t really do on Mass Effect 1, but now we have a chance to do them because our own experience is greater, the hardware is greater, so many other things have been pinned down for us. [Emphasis added].

That really allows us to do that, to return to some of those ideas from the first game and do right by them, and so that’s the way we think about it. Hopefully you feel the same way about the game when you play it.

Hopefully, that doesn't include those elevators from ME1. :lol:
JK, it would be freaking amazing if they could succeed in recreating the atmosphere of the 1st game with much improved gameplay.
Not so enthusiastic about the jetpacks though, would rather see them announce some underwater exploration (something similar to Leviathan DLC).

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 57
Not so enthusiastic about the jetpacks though, would rather see them announce some underwater exploration (something similar to Leviathan DLC).

I think the jetpacks could add another fun element to the gameplay. I agree about the underwater exploration though. I'm really hoping there is an ocean world we can help the Hanar settle personally - seeing them in their element would be a nice change of pace.

Let's hope that Mass Effect: Andromeda is a rich experience.

...I fear BioWare isn't competent enough to handle it. They're shackled by EA and SJWs.

The new gameplay looks rather good, the animations are amazing. As far as I know, they got rid of the Paragon/Renegade system, which is good. What about actual invertory like in ME 1?
The guns are still looks like made of cheap plastic though.

Glad to hear about the - supposed - March release date. For some reason Gamespot says that it's not coming out for a whole year. That would stink, especially given the dearth of large AAA RPGs as of late. I was looking forward to playing this over the summer.

Glad to hear about the - supposed - March release date. For some reason Gamespot says that it's not coming out for a whole year. That would stink, especially given the dearth of large AAA RPGs as of late. I was looking forward to playing this over the summer.

I'm very confident the March time frame is accurate, and pretty confident the March 21, 2017 date is accurate.

(1) EA said it would launch in this fiscal year for EA (which ends March 31, 2017).
(2) It has been highly suggested by several Bioware devs on twitter that November 7, 2016 (N7 day) is going to be the big reveal day, and that would leave about 4 1/2 months for PR ramp up - which is on the short side, but similar to what Bethesda did with FO4.
(3) There is a good explanation for why they're making the announcement so late - they've been told by EA not to step on the toes of marketing for the EA fall releases.
(4) All the promotional materials that have been given release dates thus far are in the March window - and devs are sharing the news articles about these promotional materials on twitter - strongly indicating they are genuine.

EDIT: Sources - https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/775046280800329728 - Bioware GM; https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/783066425741152257 - ME:A Lead Designer;
We’ve got a great year ahead. We’ve got our Battlefield first-person shooter game coming in the third quarter, and our third-party title that Respawn, our partner, built. It’s called Titanfall, it’s the second title that they brought into that brand. Both of those are first-person shooters and will be targeted around the fast, action-driven shooter market, as well as the strategy-driven market in that quarter… We have our Mirror’s Edge runner game this first quarter, and then we have Mass Effect, which is a sci-fi action game, in our fourth quarter. So big year ahead and we’re pretty excited.
- EA's CFO at the Media & Telecom conference.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

“[Protagonist Commander] Shepard was an almost stereotypical hero. He or she was your classic ‘been there, done that’ kinda guy or lady. Brave and tested. Trained as an elite soldier, in command of an elite group, ready to save the world. It worked, and we are very proud of this first Mass Effect trilogy, but I think as an industry we have evolved out of that," explains BioWare creative director Mac Walters during a panel around New York Comic Con at the Javits Convention Center in Manhattan recently. As the studio is keen to emphasise, Andromeda is not a sequel.

“Mass Effect: Andromeda is different because we want it to be different. Mass Effect already was an evolution from the Space Marine that just destroys everything without caring too much, without recognising the impact he has on his surrounding. But with Andromeda we want this to be a hero journey.

Yeah, "hero journey" and "rise to power" is a truly next step for BioWare storytelling. Totally not something they've been doing for ages:

Still excited about the pathfinder thing and exploration of "truly" alien worlds, but man, does the story setup already sound way too familiar.

I don't care about the story, really. I might be disappointed if space vehicles are yet again used as "hubs" and "loading screens" instead of actual vehicles though. Because ME felt to me like your usual fantasy game with a sci-fi template.

So I'm curious about this exploration thing, I hope they get it right and surprise me a bit, with less fetch quests and collectibles.

im so looking forward to this game, it's gnna be amazing exploring a new galaxy, and the multiplayer!

Yeah it's definitely the next must buy for me. FFXV looks good, but I'm gonna wait for reviews on that one before I get hyped up. On ME:A the hype train isn't quite out of the station, but the conductor is yelling all aboard. I'm waiting for N7 day before I officially freak out about it.

The arc ship on the cover appears to be experiencing some difficulties.

EDIT: Here is the trailer.

Looks good. Still want more details. Saw Asari & Salarians in the trailer. Antagonist's voice sounded good to me. Big Scary tentacle monster! I liked all the tension. Ambiguous date still "Spring 2017" booooooooooo. Also - Bioware announced on Twitter that Ryder is voiced by Fryda Wolff (female) and Tom Taylorson (male). I'm not overly familiar with either, although she appears to be a voice acting veteran.

Michael Gamble is spilling stuff on twitter now.
Asari's name is Peebee. Turians are confirmed. New species on Ryder's team. Clancy Brown is voicing father Ryder. Ryder brother and sister are twins. Non-confirmation but implicit nod to Arcs leaving prior to reaper invasion in 2184 https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...92123966373888.

Those who have signed up for the Andromeda Initiative have additional info available at masseffect.com - including another video. Looks like there are four arcs + "the nexus." Jen Garson (phonetic sound of name) is the founder of the Andromeda Initiative.

A few quotes from that video's screen

Andromeda Initiative

Founded in 2176 and launched in 2185, the Andromeda Initiative is a civilian, multi-species project created to send scientists, explorers and colonists on a one-way trip to settle in the Andromeda Galaxy. With powerful benefactors lending their support, the program has grown substantially in scope since its inception. The Initiative’s ultimate goal is to establish a permanent presence on the seemingly resource-rich frontier of Andromeda, and eventually create a reliable route between it and the Milky Way Galaxy.

Alec Ryder – Human Pathfinder A seasoned galactic explorer, Alec Ryder was a member of Jon Grissom’s original task force which travelled through the Charon mass relay – the first encountered by humanity – in 2149. Ryder would go on to further prove his mettle by completing N7 training, solidifying himself as one of the Alliance military’s elite. Eventually recruited into the role of Pathfinder for the Andromeda Initiative, Ryder represents the tip of the spear in humanity’s efforts to find a new home in this unknown galaxy.

Environmental Conditions
While the Andromeda Initiative’s long-range scans have identified several potentially-habitable planets in the Heleus cluster, the possibility of encountering harsh planetary conditions during the search for a suitable Golden World exists. The Pathfinder and their team will be responsible for assessing and exploring any environment deemed necessary as the mission unfolds.

I'm assuming Alec Ryder is father Ryder.

Loyalty missions return - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...missions-return-in-mass-effect-andromeda.aspx

Gameplay reveal date confirmed to be December 1, 2016.

Last edited:
Need actual gameplay footage to properly judge it.
It looks good so far but i thought Inquisition did so too and that burned me hard.

Top Bottom