Mass Effect: Andromeda

+
VikingStudios;n7143940 said:
This was way better in DA:O also storytelling was, in my opinion better. In DA:I often had the feeling that I missed something or that the game doesn't tell enough to fully understand whats going on

There was also a different problem... Villain. Or, should i call him the Jester? He tries to complete his "very evil plan" bug just random person interrupts in and steals essencial item. He tries to chase that person but fails. He tries to complete his plan but fails again. And, eventually, he just coming out, making a suicidal solo attack...

I can't judge game that is no out yet, but from the "pistol steal scene" i could say that they still haven't found good scene director or wrigther. At least it seems like that. Ofc, we will know that for sure once the game is released, but i already expect no man's sky with cutscenes from it. Bioware is gone.

ElvenNeko;n7225080 said:
There was also a different problem... Villain. Or, should i call him the Jester? He tries to complete his "very evil plan" bug just random person interrupts in and steals essencial item. He tries to chase that person but fails. He tries to complete his plan but fails again. And, eventually, he just coming out, making a suicidal solo attack...

I can't judge game that is no out yet, but from the "pistol steal scene" i could say that they still haven't found good scene director or wrigther. At least it seems like that. Ofc, we will know that for sure once the game is released, but i already expect no man's sky with cutscenes from it. Bioware is gone.

Yes and no. The main plot was not that bad although it could have been much better. But what I really like are all the other stories they tell. Especially Flemeth and the elf mage (forgot his name). Also the books a quite good although the last one left me a bit confused at the ending. Sure, they are not CDPR but on the other hand they provide a different gaming experience and with all the decisions its hard to close all the plot holes.

Garrison72;n7339260 said:
Pretty extensive interview with Mac daddy Walters: The way he explains exploring planets sounds promising.
That does sound really good. The story and character-centric quests is really what DA:I was missing. Bigger world and less density sounds good to me since it's an exploration game.

Also here is the small gameplay video from Nividia CES 2017

The ability progression looks promising compared to prior ME games. I dislike that you can change your "class profile" throughout one game. I like the UI look generally. I'm a bit against the compass appearing thing on the screen ... I hope it's optional.

Last edited:
Info on ship Tempest and vehicle Nomad

[video=youtube;Ohyvg9ve-P8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohyvg9ve-P8[/video]

Last edited:
M4xw0lf;n7411930 said:
Still think it will be disappointing.

If you are comparing it to games from CD Projekt, then yes, for sure.

But I can understand that you're worried about it, because so far it looks like an open-world sandbox game,
and I can live without the crystal collecting quests from DA:I.

However, I liked the previous Mass Effect games and I'm pretty hyped for this one ~ !

The premise with focus on exploration in a new system sounds fantastic,
let's just hope the storyline is strong enough to keep up with all of this.

EmperorZorn;n7486050 said:
If you are comparing it to games from CD Projekt, then yes, for sure.

But I can understand that you're worried about it, because so far it looks like an open-world sandbox game,
and I can live without the crystal collecting quests from DA:I.

However, I liked the previous Mass Effect games and I'm pretty hyped for this one ~ !

The premise with focus on exploration in a new system sounds fantastic,
let's just hope the storyline is strong enough to keep up with all of this.

I'm only comparing it to Mass Effect... 1 ;) It's one of a kind within a soon 4-title-franchise.
But seriously, I watched that new Nomad/Tempest teaser today, and nearly everything about it annoys me to a greater or lesser extent. It doesn't even try to hint at some background story or deeper meaning to the gimmicks shown, it's like shouting 'this is a game' into my face, constantly. The in-game-pilot-voice narrator guy even tells you the hangar aboard the tempest gives you the opportunity to do paint jobs to your vehicle. I guess that's what survival in a foreign galaxy is really all about.

Sigh... sorry for that rant. I tend to get emotional about ME, because I love ME1 like few other games, but hated the direction of the series afterwards. (It took me 1,5 playthroughs to realize ME2 wasn't the ME I had wanted, but that realization still came soon.)

Last edited:
Mac Walters said they were focused on making better sidequests and a better open world than DA:I. They have to be aware of where that game failed, and I'm sure ME:A will show improvement. If I put on my tinfoil hat, I'd wager the multiple delays are them trying to create a better open world this time. Also, the Tempest looks swanky as hell. Excellent art direction.

Garrison72;n7487120 said:
What don't you like about them? Aside from no guns on the Nomad.

The Tempest looks both too similar to the Normandy and too little like an exploration vessel. Too sleek, too streamlined, dunno. Whereas the Nomad looks like one of those RC toy cars for 10 year olds.

M4xw0lf;n7487250 said:
The Tempest looks both too similar to the Normandy and too little like an exploration vessel. Too sleek, too streamlined, dunno. Whereas the Nomad looks like one of those RC toy cars for 10 year olds.

Actually there is a Nomad RC car XD.

I know what you mean but the main exploration vessel is the Nexus, the Tempest seems more like a Scout for me to get from the Nexus to the planets. I hope the Nexus still has some meaning for you and your crew. Currently it seems the Tempest is all you need. Although it seems that you can't control the Tempest yourself. This is something that is definitely missing in ME.

For me this resource drone is something that doesn't sound good. It remembers me about collection resources in ME1 which was somehow dull and useless.

question: we know that this game won't have dedicated servers, does it mean that all players are together?
I played Dragon Age Inquisition and discovered that players are divided in world regins, it was very difficult to find a game and players, i just quitd,
does anyone knows how is it going to be with MEA?

cyberpunkforever;n7565850 said:
question: we know that this game won't have dedicated servers, does it mean that all players are together?
I played Dragon Age Inquisition and discovered that players are divided in world regins, it was very difficult to find a game and players, i just quitd,
does anyone knows how is it going to be with MEA?

This is a good question. I think there are no details yet. But I hope they have learned a lot from Inquisition MP. It was just unplayable.

VikingStudios;n7567380 said:
This is a good question. I think there are no details yet. But I hope they have learned a lot from Inquisition MP. It was just unplayable.

exactl! even with pplayers separated in world regions ther is a lot of horrible lag and connections problems and the worst is that there are no players! i just didn't play anymore few weeks after release because can't find players!

i hope in Andromeda we are all together

I haven't had that much problems finding someone but when a match was starting I often had problems connecting, or I just saw a not fully rendered start area and heard others already playing but for me it never finished loading. Or I could move but not jump/attack. It seemed they didn't put much effort in it.

I'm curious how the connection between single player and multiplayer will look like. I'm not sure if this will fit together and if people will use it a lot.

New trailer dropping today at 12:00 pm EST (6:00 pm CET).

Also saw a post on BSN boards about a new GameMaster magazine article - can't find the article itself yet - but images of it's pages are posted on the BSN board.

Details in spoiler tag below:

1. You get to pick the look and backstory for your Ryder (Scott or Sara)
2. More than four times the size of ME3's playable area.
3. Basic idea is finding the habitable planet for humanity to call home, and setting up outposts along the way.
4. Rather than relying on procedural generation, Bioware has "handcrafted gorgeous, exotic, deadly and massive worlds." This includes "dozens" of planets.
4. "Expect biomes filled with glowing green mineral deposits, gas vents violently expelling jets of purple steam, vistas set under sky filling moons, and achingly beautiful views across seas of floating spiral rock formations."
5. Nomad made writer say "Wow, this sure is better than the Mako."
6. Combat more like ME3 Multiplayer, enemies will spawn on flanks and even behind you. Fighting is faster and less methodical. "We're not a corridor shooter anymore" - Mac Walters. Most cover you see is destructible.
7. You don't commit to a class this time, but rather your class can change alongside your play-style. "Progression earns a pool of points you're free to invest in any skill you choose, and by doing so you'll unlock profiles." Rawls Note: I take this to mean that you can only switch between classes if you've already unlocked them by the skills you have selected.
8. Tempest flight - "Although you can't fly it manually, navigation is much more exciting than simply bringing up a holographic minimap as in the previous games. This time it's about visitng the bridge and picking a destination by staring out at a sea of stars. Changing arrangements of celestial bodies reflect your actual location and give you a greater sense of place - park next to a gas giant and it will loom large out of the window." There is no loading between tempest areas.
9. They're steering back to more small character led interactions.
10. Confirmation that dialogue is now four choices - heart, head, causal or professional. "The goal is to create more complex relationships, and more nuanced moral choices leading into them." "We want the player to make the choice that he or she actually believes is right, without trying to put it into game context." "Moral choices are less about less about scoring points than shaping the personality of your character."

Sounds pretty damn good. Hype level +1.

EDIT: New briefing is up as well regarding "pathfinder & team"

Info on team includes father Ryder, Scott and Sara Ryder, Liam, Cora and SAM (the AI - not VI). I guess Vetra, Drack, Peebee & etc show up later

Last edited:
I think I invested 2000 hours in the original trilogy (more than half of it in MP), so I would consider myself as a ME "fan", but damn those Andromeda trailers leave me cold everytime. It's terribly bland and predictable.
I don't need another "Archon" villain with a Wild Hunt/Sovereign/Corypheus voice. They revealed only 2 new species so far (Angarans, Ketts (and Remnants)), and I remember how I liked the first hours of ME1, when you're overwhelmed with ten new species (with pretty good introductions too); that's not "exotic" enough.

In any case, considering what we've seen so far, there is no chance I'll focus on SP, I think I will focus on MP very quickly, as I did with ME3 after my first playthrough. The gameplay changes I know of are spot on to me.

edit: an Angaran squadmate has been confirmed (Jaal).
edit2: also, Cora last name is Harper (The Illusive Man true name was Jack Harper)

Last edited:
Top Bottom