Mass kingslayer

+
Hello everyone,

I have a question about this mass kingslayer NG deck (operator, agents and all this mess) - will devs fix it? I won almost every game vs this NG deck (lost only once in the last 17 games) but it is absolutely annoying to play against it - no fun at all, even after victories I have a feeling to uninstall Gwent.

Traheaern and Kingslayer need a rework, because the current state is a joke tbf.
Maybe smth like this:
1). Reclass Kingslayer card to gold and buff his base power to 5
2). Add synergy with Letho, Auckes and Serrit - give Letho an ability to banish the opponent's top card if the Kingslayer is in the hand.
3). Rework Kingslayer's ability to Banish the top card on Deploy + the same Order ability (and gain Zeal if Auckes or Serrit are in the hand)
4). Buff Traheaern base power to 4.

This rework will reduce NG control over opponent's decks but at least it will fix the mess, when you have no cards to draw in the third round.

MIll is a meme deck. The whole point of it is to deplete the opponent's deck, and ruining Kingslayer would kill the deck.

Kingslayers (formerly Viper Witchers) have been the same literally since Homecoming went live and people have been complaining about them, on and off, ever since - but despite that the ability remains the exact same. That is saying something.

There's also no reason to tie Kingslayer to the Viper trio just because they're all from the same School. Especially with the new Viper School witcher cards that were added.

(Why do you want to simply buff Traheaern's base power when you say he needs a rework?)

Mill needs to be left alone. I don't play it, and I most likely never will play it, but it's unique and deserves to be a thing. The game needs meme decks, however annoying they might be. Mill isn't even the most annoying deck, at least to me.

PS. Simply kill the Operatored Kingslayer that'll be on your side of the board to stop the copying.

Last edited:
That is saying something.
I disagree. New extensions added multiple cards with a great synergy with kingslayers (Braathens, Warritt, Kolgrim, Coup de Grace, Courier, Duchess Informant). So I don't think that the HC argument is valid, there were multiple changes since HC. Right now, almost 90% of my NG opponents use this mass KS deck (it doesn't work fairly well against my deck because I don't have crucial cards which can be banished by vipers, but it is very annoying anyway - no fun at all).

(Why do you want to simply buff Traheaern's base power when you say he needs a rework?)
His buff is a part of the proposed rework =D BTW, IMO both players should see which cards were revealed by Traheaern.

but it's unique and deserves to be a thing
I don't think that it is unique - as I said before, almost every game vs NG is a game vs mass KS deck.

almost every game vs NG is a game vs mass KS deck.
Which in no way makes the deck any less unique. There is no other deck that does the same thing, therefore the deck is unique.

The "almost every game" definitely sounds like an exaggeration. I very rarely see mill in casual and low ranks, and on streams (Pro rank) mill is a super rare sight as well.

There is absolutely no way mill is more common than the "metabreaker" deck.

I don't believe your numbers because they make no sense. Which also seriously undermines your complaints.

NG is polarizing like no other faction. I personally prefer to play not against them because I hate it when my deck gets wrecked by my own cards and those crazy removals. A few minutes ago my common nilfgaard enemy was playing a double Damien plus Imposter. It is annoying and only fun for the nilfgaard guy ... we all know that.

But I can't understand when people telling me "in Pro-Rank there is no NG mill etc" ... not all of us are playing in Pro. I understand the frustration.

Rather than Kingslayer, Quadruple Joakim is the main concern. Because NG is a faction having, how should I put it, a sort of cheating archetype, it gets annoying to play against it when it can manipulate your deck, your hand as well as your board in their favor, with very few alternatives to counteract them.

I played lately a few games against Mill and the key is to avoid thinning your deck as much as possible and make sure you don't go too tall with a unit (spread the power evenly as much as possible) and try to keep the core cards in your hand.

Mill is a very difficult deck to pilot and it gets out-pointed most of the time. In other words, it is very binary. Kingslayer is annoying, but fine as he is now. He fits his archetype real well and is typical for an NG card.

I agree with the Nerf suggestion. At the VERY least, it simply needs to be changed to a gold card so it can’t be rerun several times. Ends up being annoying and taking away from the fun of actually using my own deck.

I find mill decks very interesting. I hope they make a card in the future that has the ability "evertyme a card gets milled boost self by 2" or something like that ... could be very cool. At the moment its more a troll deck with a low win rate but with some new cards in the future it could be quite strong, especially against Wij or Milva :)

I don't think Kingslayers themselves are the main problem, the main problem there to me is that the deck is carried by the OPness of Tactical Decision + Snowdrop + all the thinning cards, this combo almost guarantees that you either win that particular round OR that opponent has to over commit to keep up. You also have to have some control to kill the KSs cause otherwise they get another 4 provision heal+banish on their Teleportation.
Also the fact that Imperial golem is now 6 provisions which can play for 12 power on deploy with that deck so it has a lot of power, I think the Golem is cheap.

Mill decks aren't fun to face but not very strong. Gold Kingslayer ? It would kill them.
They are a kind of necessary evil when meta decks are too broken, I guess players like to have this reliable option.

I hate Clog decks a LOOOOOT more !!

Playing Mill is satisfying if you get lucky or frustrating if you don't draw your stuff and opponents deck is fully bronze.
Also it feels very good when you kill opponent's broken stuff like KoB or Witchess Sabath etc.
Kingslayers should stay at 4 power, so downsides in low-tempo plays and loosing on even can always pressure the Mill player.

Top Bottom