Massive Overhaul of the Interface

+
Massive Overhaul of the Interface

As shown in today's stream, the UI has been largely redesigned. First of all, the deck builder and collection screen are finally integrated. Furthermore, the card selection screen during the matches now shows a lot more cards and it's easier to navigate through it. Also, the visual spell effects have been improved and the overall motion the cards make has changed. This is the biggest graphical overhaul to date.

EDIT: This video showcases more of the UI. It's also shown that the order of the stack has been made more clear and that cards effects can be cancelled, in case you've played the wrong card.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I realy dislike the new design but maybe its just not my style, it looks more comic like then the design now.

But i am the only one who get remembered on a other famous card game by the new deck builder design?

I would prefer if we had a option to use the old design or something what remembers more on the look of the old design.

Last edited:
Not a fan. Looks too cartoony. The deckbuilder looks worse, to me. I liked seeing full cards when creating decks, instead of just a list like in Gwent trackers.

The mulligan screen is a great idea, I just don't like the look. Cards play much faster now but it looks strange.

Nice new features, looks are subjective.

Last edited:
Is there a screenshot or something somebody could perhaps post to give us an idea of what it's like if we haven't seen it?

I don't think it looks too cartoonish.. but I respect everyone's opinion.It still has the card art..just looses the faction banner

I feel it is trying to have a closer look to Thronebreaker

Mulligan/Spawn screens are better but still meh. Going back and forth on a black banner was truly disgusting but this doesn't look better either. Why cover whole screen for 3 cards? Just open up a small window and that's it. It'll probably change that way in the final.

Mulligan screen has too much unnecessary blank space which causes it to look bland. Other than that it's ok.

Deck builder and collection seems very good compared to what we have now.

7/10

Last edited:
dani168;n10015781 said:
The new UI for redrawing cards looks awful. Huge visual step back. Just an ordinary boring board...

Ok i am not the only one who think it, why have there to be this board? why not just show the cards?

Nice changes. The new interface hints (hope) on a mobile version in the future. And if i got it correctly with those 3 centered crones i think the row limit is 9 cards/row. But we'll see on open PTR.

I really like the new changes to the UI, it makes the game look aesthetically pleasing. Did you all notice how the Crones arranged themselves in order like how they used to? That was really cool. I also enjoyed seeing the new effects on the cards like the new consume animation and the purple orb on Bekker's Twisted Mirror. I'm also happy they finally integrated the deck builder and collection into one, it'll be super easy to make decks now. Hopefully the console version doesn't get any major glitches or bugs.

The only thing that looked kinda odd in my opinion was the mulligan and create screen. Maybe it's too bright? I do like the fact that I don't have to scroll horizontally to see the rest of my cards in my starting hand though.

Really excited for the update. I was hoping it would come this week but it seems they still need some time to finish things.

Last edited:
The new deck builder is fine....but the rest is ABYSMAL....gwent for me lost whole "gwentnes" it looks like some early acces mobile game from Burgidukistan....is that the point of these drastic downgrade cdpr?....cus u wnna enter mobile market?....at least my wife is happy cus i was goin to buy most value pack card after the patch now there is no chance im gnna stay in Gwent i just cant stand this new look

Is new UI horrible? It does!

Hello CDPR! I'm playing Gwent for a very long time and I am proud of the fact that this game is better than Hearthstone in many aspects. But now big update is upcoming and I saw new UI during the developers stream and I can say that it's horrible. New mulligan appearance looks so bad as well as Choose mechanic do. And it now looks almost like as a Hearthstone clone! What happened with you? What was the main reason to do this? I know that you're trying to do your best bun now this UI update looks like a someone's "hearthsonisation" of Gwent.:facepalm: I love gwent as it exists now and don't want to make it completely like Hearthstone because I don't like this game at all. I even know how to make those animations better but you just to change them now! I hope that my opinion is important for you. Please, don't ignore that post. :victory:

GWENT has been becoming "hearthstonised" for a while now. The new influx of RNG cards and this awful new UI is further proof of it.

Its becoming completely undeniable at this stage. CDPR are selling out on what made their game good in the first place.

Last edited:
The new UI looks absolutely terrible. Too childish and clean, the old one was better by a million times. I was so hyped for the new cards and then this ruined it all for me. Will they at least let us chose between the new and old UI?

Top Bottom