Massive Overhaul of the Interface

+
I'm not really sure. I don't feel as if I could judge the deckbuilder from the stream only, and if I had to I would say that it looks a lot more complicated and unituitve.
The new mulligan screen looks a bit odd, but I will probably get used to it, as it mainly is the fact that I'm not used to it.
I dislike that with the spawn mechanic the cards aren't centered anymore but at the left edge. That feels weird.
Furthermore it looked like from the spawn window that the mulligan screen is constricted to a maximum of 10 cards. So what happens, when a player has more cards in hand?

And as someone who keeps track of all the unit stats on the board, I feel the boost/damage counter is unnecessary and a bit annyoing. Being able to see the base strength of a card when selecting it would have been much better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Something I forgot to add is that it looks way too complicated now. It doesn't look as smooth and quick as before, the damage counter is just annoying as said before and it's also very unneccessary. I also don't like the glow that cards have when you're on them and the fact that the whole board glows when you're placing something.

Overall it's a complete Hearthstone copy that takes away from the identity and mature gritty look that Gwent has/had and should have. I have an idea: Just don't even change the UI it looks better as it is right now. Or just keep the current look atleast.

it does look dreadful. Cant we get a classic Ui option? shouldn't be that difficult to have 2 different UIs if the mechanics are sound

I agree that I would like an option for the old UI. I especially hate the new mulligan screen. It's simply ugly.

Deck builder looks great. Unsure about the rest.

Legendarum;n10016451 said:
are there any pictures at all? I really want to see what you're all talking about!

Check out the video on their Twitch channel.

New UI look terrible (mulligan/create, the flag under the number with the account level, colorful stylized background under the text the name of leaders and under the cards).
If you're going to make a tablet interface, then do it on tablets and not on PCs.

Last edited:
It's like when your girlfriend goes to the hairdresser and you don't like the new cut.
You can't even tell her that she looks terrible, can you?

So the new interface is arr... looks mhhh nice.

:sad:

Raunbjorn

It looks so bad I can't even... Why ruin a perfect UI? : / The new one looks so childish.

I really wanted to like it but I just can't. As other people have said, I hope there is an option to choose the old UI instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
m0bius8;n10018261 said:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/210312880

Skip to around 4:31:00 for all the reveals

Thank you so much!

Back on topic though, I actually don't mind the new UI at all - I think the actual game/playing scene looked a lot smoother, with some 'cool' effects. Having all the cards shown on the mulligan screen looked very helpful too. I suppose my least favourite design was the deckbuilder, but that's only from an aesthetic perspective (a little too 'clean' or 'blocky'), from a practical sense it looked very good though.

Like the deck selection screen, even if it lacks visual depth. The new consume effect is much less visceral to the point of being comical.

Still no font size increase or change for clarity even though there is space to make the card and description larger to the right of the board. Need this quality of life increase.

I really dont get why CDPR is doing this.
On one hand they are working hard to present everything in the best way possible: creating flair with a nice castle and producing high value promotion videos to showcase gwent gameplay and such.
And on the other hand they present a really alpha version of the new UI, which is not working properly (scaling) and looks just soo bad and not finished at all.
A new GUI is the most needed and demanded feature since the start of the beta and now this?
They should have just postponed the presentation if they cant got it to work till now. And they really should rethink their priorities if thats the case :/

More precise:
The new deckbuilder seems okayish, a really improvement over the last one (thats quite easy), but not really impressive. 3/10
The small features (loading screen icon, starting page before the game) are nice, even though the starting screen could show more of the card art. 8/10
The new mulligan screen is just really really ugly. The old one showed the nice card images, even though it wasn't nice with the scrolling. The new one has tiny images (even the better one posted on reddit) and an ugly background 0/10
The new animations: yeah i dont know. I dont like the big numbers, looks a bit childish but I have to get an impression ingame.
The card movement seems fine, but not great. I looks a bit like HS but somehow worse. Same for the damage, consume and mirror animations. Just not fitting for the overall flair. 1/10

And the worst thing is:
They did not show any change to the background - its just so plain.
They did not show any improvment to highlight the great card images more. They are on the right side as always, but I had hoped they would come up with something to highlight them more.
Why putting so much work into creating the most awesome animations and images if you only show them really small on the screen?

I really hope they realize how much impact the GUI and has on the game and put appropriate time into fixing what they presented today. Really disappointing.

Links: https://imgur.com/a/T4GCf showing the one from the screen and the "improved" version mentioned in reddit. Animation screencast starts at 5:07 btw

Last edited:
since it doesnt affect the opponent, and the work's already done, why not just stick it in the settings the option to choose between the old and new mulligan screen styles?

I'd also like some form of 'history' in game - if you need to step away pick up a child or a cup of tea, it'd be useful

The new UI

Usually i don't post on forums, but the new UI trigger me. Everything is wrong, please create 2 versions for mobile or PC and let the animation and card layout as it is.

Animation is more than bad. Please do not make this game Hearth Stone. I support you cdproject since beta, but please use your feedback in your advantage and do not release this crap that make us quit Gwent

I won't play 6 hours with this UI that make me nuts.

I just tested out the new UI and while some things are good, other are a bit problematic in my opinion.
The Deckbuilder is great and feels much better than the old one. So far, I didn't have any problems with it and feel it is a geat improvement.
On the other hand, I dislike the UI during a game. The mulligan window is ok, I will get used to it, and I can see the advantages. But all the new animations make the game take much longer and I feel most of them are unnecessary. Seeing for every single unit the damage/boost happening is just completly annoying. I played a game with Siege Support and PFI and it took ages until all of it was resolved. Furthermore I had one game against an opponent with a bad connection, and every effect that had to resolved took even longer.
Another point is, that I feel a bit lonlier playing the game as I can't see what my enemy is doing or even, if he is doing somethig. I always found quite interesting to see how many cards my opponent could choose for each choice, and most important it didn't leave me with just nothing happening.

Something that I also dislike is having to drag and drop your cards onto the board. The whole card placing feels a lot more complicated and irritating.

Top Bottom