Massive Overhaul of the Interface

+
Scryar;n10051571 said:
Horrible, horrible update. - Removal of Names and Clan descritption takes away a lof of immersion. I change nobody asked for - Most of the new sound effects are awful. Especially damage sounds like from the Imperial Enforcer. Didn't you want to simulate two armies batteling each other? There is "weight" missing behing the sounds now. - The animations are way too fast and don't look natural anymore. Im playing this game since the beginning of closed Beta and sometimes I don't even know what the enemy is actually doing. - Some effects look more cartoonish now like Thunder or Consume. Im combination with the new animations and the very visible +1,-2 etc power changes, there seems to be a clear shift into a more bright and childish direction, which I don't like at all. - I'm glad we can see all of our mulligan at once now but why make it with a bland white background? - Removal of interesting abilities and giving these cards generic ones - I love the new duel mechanics. This is exactly the complexity Gwent needs. Unfortunately it doesnt safe all the other simplifications - The new event is disappointing. I would have liked a bit more voice acting and it being more difficult again. The expert challenges were easier than the normal challenges from the last events. - The cards look like tokens now. The one things that Gwent does better than any other game is the card art. So why do you try to butcher it? Overall it's the first time i believe the game is going into a wrong direction. I don't know if you want to prepare it for a mobile release or make it more like Hearthstone because you are not happy with the growth of the game. But I don't think alienating the people who started playing the game because it's set in the Witcher world and then trying to get away from that world is a smart move. Im really disappointed. More so that you launched the patch a day after the PTR (what waseven the point`?) without listening to any of the critism you got for it.

Soo trueeee ... i loved gwent so much but now ... the game is ruined for me. It looks like such a bad Hearthstone clone but not like "The Witcher Card Game" anymore.

nemirni;n10053301 said:
The ways that cards are played is a special issue. This drag/drop/one click two click is confusing and very not elegant. Also when opponent plays a card it now shows it face down for a while for some reason(probably during the time opponent chooses where to place it). Doesn't look really nice and it gives a feeling like the game is lagging.

I am having these problems as well. It's disturbing that such basic mechanics are totally out of whack this late in the beta. CDPR has a good reputation for listening to the fans, so I'm optimistic that we get some kind of hotfix or rollback in the near future.

nemirni;n10057071 said:
Well it does seem to lag more to me. It crashed few times as well which didn't happen before.
But from those tech issues i am most concerned about disconnecting, which is ironic since they addressed the issue now. Thing is, before the game would disconnect maybe once in 100 games for me, sometimes for the opponent sometimes for me, but the point is rarely. Now i seem to be getting that reconnect screen almost every second game. It still reconnects, but it puts my nerves on the edge every time. Maybe the game now registers every small lag as a potential disconnect or something, but is sure as hell is not reassuring:).

Interesting thing though, a game disconnected completely yesterday, not sure on whose side, but it ended up in a draw. Does that mean both side connection crashed or ?

Now that you're mentioning this, I've played some games a few hours ago and near the end I had the exact same issues. I was actually scared that I could not complete the tier2 reward (was 1 win away) because for I suppose 10 consecutive games I couldn't even reach the mulligan, it would either stop searching, search forever or even find an opponent and go to the loading screen where you see a random card... only to throw me back to search for opponent screen.

Top Bottom