Massive Overhaul of the Interface

+
I hope the most annoying screen will be changed / removed: muligan / picking card screen.
It looks very bad when we switch so often between main game table view and this full screen picking card screen (so ugly by the way).
Previous solution caused mistakes but design was so superior compared to this one..
Please figure out something nice, don't force us to play on mobile driven ui.

Exaclty take this new UI for mobile version and leave the old one (just rework card buldier) for PC users...for god sake

I think you guys are overreacting. The UI isn't going to make or break the game. Overall it seems to function better than the old one. Sure it does look a bit cartoon-ish and too colorful but that doesn't mean it's bad. It just seems a bit plain in my opinion, but that's literally it. If you're actually thinking of quitting the game over the UI, that's simply ridiculous.

If we only could modify some textures ourselves/download mods... that would be perfect solution to fit our very different tastes. I'd love to do few reskins myself. And such texture mods couldn't harm game itself at all.

Been watching some PTR and this really looks cheap. The animations don't even feel like playing a card game, as opposed to earlier versions where both visual and audio presentation brought playing a card game to life. It looks really strange.

Don't want to be a negative Nancy here but I feel feedback is important.

Each time they change visuals, it moves away from the gritty atmosphere of Witcher. Maybe look into staying true to Witcher, while giving options of a more lighter look to people who don't like the dark theme. Not sure if that's possible.

After playing the PTR it really looks good, except maybe when picking 2 or 3 cards on that massive 10 slot screen. I hope they tweak that.

Agree they will improve the animations and the graphics much more. I think the game is heading in the right direction.
And the Create cards are not so bad, yeah you can t counter them because you don t know how to play around but I hope those cards will not be the main reason for rage and for wins;.

alexmanelistu;n10028151 said:
Agree they will improve the animations and the graphics much more. I think the game is heading in the right direction.
And the Create cards are not so bad, yeah you can t counter them because you don t know how to play around but I hope those cards will not be the main reason for rage and for wins;.

Also, the person playing them has no idea of what 3 cards will appear. So he can't prepare a strategy either.

Played about 2 hours in the PTR and here are things i like/dislike/suggest.

As a UI/UX Designer i like:
- New Deckbuilder merged with collection
- Deckbuilder with integrated Filters and all important functions in one place
- Loadtimes feel alot faster
- Very responsive placing of cards onto the battlefield
- Mulligan showing alot more cards
- Card Effects (visually)

my suggestions:
- I dislike the light wood textures in general, i would prefer the darker grey tones from the Gwent-Website background
- Deckbuilder Filter Buttons should be colored, bigger, more highlighted and the icons on the buttons should all be the same color (white or yellow)
- I dislike the matchmaking screen with the open Deck on the left (i already know my deck) and too much is going on in general, also maybe darken the screen when searching for a game
- The Mulligan screen feels very odd to use and the bright wood background feels very strange (have it darker so the cards pop out more and a little more centered)
- The Create Screen should be the same like it is currently for Mulligan in the live Version
- Some VFX Animations feel very slow (Bouffing, Healing, Philippa,...) and others almost too fast
- If the enemy player uses Create-Cards or Cards to choose from, there should be a Text over Opponents Cards like it is currently in live Version "Opponent is choosing", else it feels like he is afk
- Moonlight/Bloodmoon/Pittrap look very cartoony compared to the other row effects

As a Player i like:
- The amazing new Card Effects / Arts
- The new Cards
- Deckbuilder/Collection merged
- CDPR :)
- Gwent Tournaments

As a Scoia´tel Player i really dislike:
- Morenn not killing before enemy deploy ability triggers (she is pretty pointless now)
- Removal of Quenn-Shield from the game (Handbouff got pretty hard nerf by this)

Im confident CDPR will do the right things and improve alot. Im a big fan of everything this company ever created!!!!!!

Last edited:
Geneticeye;n10028681 said:
my suggestions:
- I dislike the light wood textures in general, i would prefer the darker grey tones from the Gwent-Website background
- Deckbuilder Filter Buttons should be colored, bigger, more highlighted and the icons on the buttons should all be the same color (white or yellow)
- I dislike the matchmaking screen with the open Deck on the left (i already know my deck) and too much is going on in general, also maybe darken the screen when searching for a game
- The Mulligan screen feels very odd to use and the bright wood background feels very strange (have it darker so the cards pop out more and a little more centered)
- The Create Screen should be the same like it is currently for Mulligan in the live Version
- Some VFX Animations feel very slow (Bouffing, Healing, Philippa,...) and others almost too fast
- If the enemy player uses Create-Cards or Cards to choose from, there should be a Text over Opponents Cards like it is currently in live Version "Opponent is choosing", else it feels like he is afk
- Moonlight/Bloodmoon/Pittrap look very cartoony compared to the other row effects

This is the kind of criticism I like to see. I'm glad you're enjoying the PTR. Can't wait to play the update myself once it actually comes out. Really excited.

Last edited:
Sorry, but for me the new deck builder is worse than the previois one. I hate when I have to scroll to look through my deck.... The other changes on interface are ok.

I've tried it for a bit and here's my though on the new interface (this is completly personal of course). It will take some getting-use-to and i'm not quite sure I'm a big fan of ti, but there are two things I'm definitly sure : I like the new mulligan/choice screen. WAY more convenient than the old carousel but I dislike the new deck builder which I find diffcult to read properly. As for the in-game animations and looks, I'm not a fan but as I said maybe it's just because i'm not used to them yet (and some new animations are really cool, like the various moonmlight)

I what i dont like

- the new colour design
- the new comic like look of some cards, effects and designs
- the merged Deckbuilder Collection screen ... i liked it more to have a better look over the cards in my deck
- the new execution stage, its annoying and dont helps that often but annoys me all time.
- the shortened names of many cards
- the mulligan board colours
- the Mulligan board, its annoying if you play a mulligan deck and it realy dont look better then the old nice clean option.

what i like

- you can see what you have in your deck when selecting it
- that many effects now are faster

overall the ptr feels for me like a worse version with new cards :/

I like most of the changes. ofc we could argue about the style, the colours... but it's just a matter of personnal taste. For me a gwent game should transport you in a tavern atmosphere. Old wood, beer, tobacco, smoke... Maybe there should be different skin options for players to choose from: village tavern, castle banquet, soldiers campfire, whorehouse boudoir...

After playing some time at the PTR, I got some new impressions.

The deckbuilder is slightly better then I expected, but still very bad.
Looking at the small images is just sad.
On the bright side, its a lot more useful then the old one - but I even expected more in terms of usability:
Why is there no option to only display the best card version ( animated if available). You can only display animated but guess what most people dont have a full animated collection. :/
Why is there no option to display an overview of the deck showing the card images? A lot of people can remember stuff better using visual input instead of only names.

And the animation ingame are just a total fail.
The only geat animation previous in the game (RnR) is guted. Its faster and the metorids drop on random places.
The new shot animations are horrible, a lot of funky glowing stuff flying around.
In additon, if the enemy is moving his mouse over his board/hand it looks like somebody forgot to turn on his adblocker. Its really distracting and ugly.
The mulligan and discover screen are just a bad joke. Seeing the small squares and no animation/sound when switching a "card" feels realy unfitting.
Placing cards on the board feels kind of cheap too. Its looks unnatural and makes it feel you play against a PC.

Beside my bad inpressions, I really dont get why you would push such big overhoul of the GUI / Flair / Look with an update adding 100 cards and changing all other cards? Why not seperating and pushing small things on after an other?

The only thing really like are the new loading symbols. Nice little squares.
Not enough to let me stay if the push this patch but at least something ...

I realy, realy hope CDPR give us a option to stay with the old grey colour design, this brown colour design is just ugly for me.
The mulligan board is also something i just cant enjoy but if the colours changing maybe its less annoying.

Last edited:
Now that I've seen the new UI (except for mulligan screen) "for real", I'm liking it a lot. Deck builder is excellent now!

All in all, much more convenient and informative.

A warning on the changes of old cards. Literally all my decks I built won't work now and not easy to fix. My skelli cursed deck is ruined, the overhall of old cards ruined new players more then new cards

Can't even select a card easily! So twitchy. Horrible. Make two different platforms for mobile and console/PC users. And ffs return the lag on the game. This instant card spawn is awful.

Top Bottom