Master Mirror: Veil

+
Veil will prevent the unit which has it from getting any statuses, positive and negative ones. What do you think about it in terms of viability? Will veil itself be a status?

They did call it "an anti-status status". Wouldn't make sense for it to be an ability since it can be given to other cards.

I think it will probably be viable for specific decks. For big monsters it makes sense to protect your big boys from poison. Or for NR engines to protect your most important ones from locks.
Or just to protect a purify engine, because those usually are poisoned/locked immidiantly.

Well Veil will probably make poison more tolerable, but at the same time it will probably make lock slightly worse.
Master Mirror himself is an interesting card though. I'm already theorycrafting decks around him

Guest 4375874

Well Veil will probably make poison more tolerable, but at the same time it will probably make lock slightly worse.
Master Mirror himself is an interesting card though. I'm already theorycrafting decks around him
We all know who this shift to locks will favor :disapprove: I wish they'd spend more time fixing the cards that are broken or imbalanced

Caretaker Veil or Kalkstein Veil will be some card after this with Defenders in all decks. Gwent getting interesting.

I just was destroyed by veil cards, cant even defend myself, i dont use poison, but i use nilfgard and was useless :(

It feels like pay to win.

I just was destroyed by veil cards, cant even defend myself, i dont use poison, but i use nilfgard and was useless :(

It feels like pay to win.

NR Kerack City Guard Veil 5 body +1 engine.
good luck removing them.

I was playing NG Witcher

My opponent played two of them R1. Just couldn't remove them, couldn't lock them.
2x 5 provision cards carried round 1 with ease. They just used the rest of R1 to Mulligan away cards they didn't want

Nilfgaard has no chance to win against Monster decks anymore after latest expansion. I have created new deck: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/guides/113905

You can see most of the cards have "Veil" specialty so lock won't work for them. They will try to use lock but won't work and you will be able to use Deathlaff as a last moment in last turn. I think Nilfgaard is useless at the moment.

Nilfgaard has no chance to win against Monster decks anymore after latest expansion. I have created new deck: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/guides/113905

You can see most of the cards have "Veil" specialty so lock won't work for them. They will try to use lock but won't work and you will be able to use Deathlaff as a last moment in last turn. I think Nilfgaard is useless at the moment.

That's an expensive deck, what rank are you playing at now?

Also I ask because your deck is called easy climb from 15 to 0, but your video footage is from rank 11...

Does purify work on veiled units?
Feels bloody broken that you cannot deal with those units or would have to use multiple cards to do so.
Was enjoying a quiet game of gwent now and then up to the point this came out :(

This "status" is annoying as hell. Specially considering I haven't played very long and don't have very impressive decks or cards that would be able to deal with them.

Purify does remove veil. I have found the best way to deal with veiled units is to either just ignore them and try to rack up my own points more quickly, or to inflict direct damage sufficient to destroy them.

Question about Veil: if you give veil to a unit which is already poisoned does it prevent a second poison? Asking because then ST echo would be more useful against NG

Veil imo is a good thing for the game, poison was just too much. Though some veil cards, like the self boosting bronzes in SK are probably too good and need a provision cost nerf or a small point nerf since they boost themselves a little too high, too fast and thus start requiring some heavier forms of removal.

Overall though, veil was well done and I like seeing veil, even when I run double ball. Makes the game interesting and fun instead of LAWL I HAZ AN ARISTOCRATZ YOU DED NOW.

Top Bottom