Master Mirror: well the power creep is real

+
Played 7 games this evening on ranked 3, and these new master mirror cards are straight up dominating what was once a high performing MO deck only 3 hours ago.

Six games in a row against MO Wild Hunt.
Then the last game against NG. That new spy unit one shots both Endrega Larva. This play happens twice in one game. Plus there is a new card that, steals and resets the power of an enemy card: Sweers 2.0.

And of course for good measure after being totally dominated, bribery drew Ozzrel on R3 to consume my Yghern.

Thanks CDPR.

Last edited:
I could open kegs and buy them for ore in between 12pm (CEST) up to 12:30pm on PC. On my Android phone it was impossible because the update doesn't download properly.
On PC I can't buy or open kegs since 12:30, too.

It is going to take some time to adapt to the new stuff. However, I'm sure there will probably be some broken cards - there usually is when a new expansion comes out.

Yeah you make a very good point, and yeah I can appreciate that. But by the same token it should take time for them to adapt to the new cards.

Simply put, I would expect an advantage in the first evening, as I know how to pilot my deck.

So I don't know, I suspect these new cards are very strong...

Last edited:
Six games in a row against MO Wild Hunt.

It is no suprising for me; it is the first time in Gwent history that there is mechanic without any possible counter, even with a tech cards - so You can play it without any risk. Another thing that is totally misunderstanding is devotion vs artifact's removal - why tf I can't use devotion of my cards only because I want to be able to destroy opponents scenario? That is absurd

DRK3

Forum veteran
I agree that the powercreep is real, and its most clearly seen on the low-end cards, the 4/5 provision bronzes.

Im getting consistently 7/9 points out of them, around a year ago that value was for a decent gold.

And i've also been facing a lot of MO, but i've had no problems against them, maybe because i have both self damage to take advantage of frost and ways to deal with tall units.

Yes I agreem but the "new card, that the opponent doesnt know how to deal with" factor must also be taken into account.

I am playing mainly the same decks as last season right now (MO Overwhelming Hunger, SK Self-Wound) and I'm having no trouble beating the new cards. (Doesn't mean I win every game, but they don't seem OP – till now.)

It is no suprising for me; it is the first time in Gwent history that there is mechanic without any possible counter, even with a tech cards - so You can play it without any risk. Another thing that is totally misunderstanding is devotion vs artifact's removal - why tf I can't use devotion of my cards only because I want to be able to destroy opponents scenario? That is absurd
Actually I think you are right, it's calmed down this morning. I'm seeing a wider variety of decks which is nice.

Still, those new NG cards...Yikes!

I guess that's the current trade off - devotion vs more control with neutral cards - and you can't have the best of both worlds.

I guess that's the current trade off - devotion vs more control with neutral cards - and you can't have the best of both worlds.

Artifact destroyer or opponent''s defender puryfier like pellar (NR dont have factional one) is no control , its something normal what every deck should be able to have. Playing without possibility to somehow get rid of opponent's defender (puryfy or heatweve) is impossible, therefore devotion is very badly design in NR

I agree, the new cards are more powerful and wacky, many of the old cards are now rubbish.

On top of that, Gwent has become a trick show: outlandish combos, cards spawned out of nowhere, cards being played 2, 3 and up to 4 times in a match, cheap sucker punches and all sorts of shenanigans.

A few combos are almost unstoppable, all you can do is watch your opponent overcome 30 points in one turn.

It was kind of ok when replaying a card was a big deal, now it's so commonplace that it isn't funny anymore.

Yesterday I played like 20 games and won only 5, playing my homemade deck that had yielded me a 50 % winrate just a few days before at pro rank.

Skill still matters, of course, but right now I would say: 25 %, skill, 15 % luck and 60 % deck strength.

I remember one specific game I played yesterday in which I drew the perfect hand, committed very little to win first round, he overcommitted in the second as I bled him like there was no tomorrow, I honestly played one of the most intelligent matches I've ever played at Gwent, not a single mistake but still lost badly. I was totally overpowered. It was not a matter of a bad match-up, I had an answer to his tactics but couldn't keep up with his pace in the final turns.

Last edited:
Howdy there fellas !
I am no pro player, quite the opposite tbh but I find the new cards quite enjoyable,especially the Wild Hunt ones.
Since I started playing the game I wanted to make a MO WH deck only and it was quite impossible to win in most setuations especially going against "scenario-artifact" users...
Now it's more fun,even though it's not a guaranteed win.
I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Cheers ! 😊

Howdy there fellas !
I am no pro player, quite the opposite tbh but I find the new cards quite enjoyable,especially the Wild Hunt ones.
Since I started playing the game I wanted to make a MO WH deck only and it was quite impossible to win in most setuations especially going against "scenario-artifact" users...
Now it's more fun,even though it's not a guaranteed win.
I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Cheers ! 😊
I think your's is an important perspective though. I also appreciate that they took an archetype like Wild Hunt and made it viable. So it's good if you are getting enjoyment out of it. As a Firesworn player I should in theory be overjoyed that the new cards let stomp my opponents, but I don't know...

But I can tell you the pro ladder right now is a veritable salt mine.

A lot of players don't seem happy. I say this from the amount of rope burning and straight up rage quits from opponents.

I wouldn't really expect that as much at pro level and we aren't even at the business end of things, yet tensions are obviously high.

Top Bottom