Masterpiece.

+
You're supporting someone who has gone on the offensive with those who disagree.

"I do not know what else to say other then this game is beautieful, the story is amazing, Just a few things please, rear-view mirrors ( I role play drive. ) which means I am actually driving the car like I do my car off the Simulation, buying places, and paying rent, strip club, Car painting, Manual shifting :)!!!! dating possibilities, Investing into businesses."

This is their first post. Yours was one passive aggressively insinuating the OP didn't know what a "Masterpiece" was.

Cyberpunk 2077 had the potential to be a great game.

It needed more time in the oven though. Calling it a masterpiece might be a bit premature considering the state it released in. Maybe it will be one after all the updates & patches are done, but we'll have to wait and see.

The story and characters are great. The main issues are technical.

The main issues are not only technical.

It's about cut content, heavily relying on scripts during events (carchases), off pacing, and several other problems with the conclusion and arc of the protagonist.

The mission design is excellent, the story telling is excellent, the Gunplay is better than expected.

The rest however is antique (lootgame, crafting), underdeveloped (skilltree, who are basically the same for all weapons) and downright oversimplified (cyberware). This games world is all about looks but I have to look like a clown if I want needed stats. Bullet sponges.
Don't get me started on the technical aspects of this game. Releasing the game in this technical state was downright insulting towards designers and consumers.

This game has the chance to become a masterpiece but at first pacing and story conclusion have to be fixed to allow logical exploration of the world. Atm, the story disincentivises me to explore and pushes me to rush through the story.

Then cyberware needs to be made spicier so they are not just new melee attacks, a double jump and basically better stats.
Clothing is highly important in this game we got a trailer about the 4 styles in this game and we end up looking like clowns.
The skillsystem is boring. It adds two new abilities in total plus some deamons. The rest is minor Stat increase or useless fluff (sliding and shooting at the same time - useless on a controller, because you have to press a button with the same thumb, you are aiming with)
The loot is boring and only cloggs up the inventory, which I itself is an insult as well (no favorites, disassembling etc). Crafting is boring grind and uberrepetitiv.

The AI..

The story would be fine, if the conclusion at the end would give the player relief - something that is needed at the end of a story like this.

This game is hardly a masterpiece and several aspects of the game are downright unfinished and/or insulting

One you start datamining the pc version you can see how messy the coding is, not even up to the standards we had 10 years ago. Also, many of the dialogues seems to be written and directed by different people ( read: edgy 16 years old ) with no real and definite direction.
I won't even address the plethora of other problems this unfinished mess has, but if it were truly a masterpiece we would see people talking about it constantly ( in a good way ). Most of the streamers are disappointed, many reviews are blatantly fake, really, its popularity declined in just about two weeks.
I got a suggestion for the OP though, you should start a group and write to CDPR about being actually paid to still defend this, as you are doing a better job than them about defending their game.

I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece. How it is and works right now is pretty ordinary and even bland.

Still, more interesting than Witcher 3, so I suppose that’s something.

The amount of shilling here is unbelievable. How on earth can a game where the AI and physics are not existent, the police spawns right around you whenever you commit a crime, the pathfinding for vehicles and pedestrians is a mess and the lip-sync could be removed since most of the NPCs have only one line be called a masterpiece, is beyond me.

The amount of shilling here is unbelievable. How on earth can a game where the AI and physics are not existent, the police spawns right around you whenever you commit a crime, the pathfinding for vehicles and pedestrians is a mess and the lip-sync could be removed since most of the NPCs have only one line be called a masterpiece, is beyond me.

Netrunner builds / Ghosting everything / Don't commit crimes / fast travel everywhere / only engage with story missions.

I'm not saying there isn't problems - I'm just saying they may not be very prevalent if you play certain ways depending on your playstyle.

Edited for clarity.

liking something and calling it a masterpiece isn't the same. I like many things that are probably objecively not so great, but I wouldn't dare call them masterpieces.
I'd say...
- the characters (V especially) and dialogues and how their little side stories are presented is fantastic, on par with Witcher 3 and the old Bioware games...but their arcs are too short and in the end, decisions don't matter.
- The worldbuilding is fantastic, the effort that went into creating att lthe brands, different styles etc is amazing.
- There aren't enough story-side quests, most of the quests are "dealer gives you a call and a message, you fulfill the objective, but the outcome is always the same. Compared to Witcher 3 this is terrible, because there, almost every marker on the map (except for the infamous Skellige chests) led to some little story.
- imbalanced skill system: I invested 18 points in crafting in order to be able to craft legendary items, but only received a handful of legendary blueprint over the whole game. Crafting was also extremely grindy.
- bugs, subpar graphics on last gen consoles are definiely the easiest part of the gme to be improved but as it is, you can hardly call them great.
- stupid AI and teleporting super police...nit so great
- cut content: there's the obvious cut content: all we were promised in the trailers and gameplay demos that didn't make it into the game, the hidden skill trees, the areas you can't enter. And then there's the less obviously cut content, like the aborted storyarcs (Netwatch and the Voodoo Boys, Meredith...) that lead nowhere.
- the endings: at the moment, many of us are unable to replay the game because the endings were emotionally crushing, illogical and took away player agency

The game has glimpses of brilliance and simply playing the main story and exploring was fantastic, but once you hit the endings, the scales start falling from your eyes and you see the game for what it really is: an unfinished, Frankenstein mess, ruined by bad management decisions and false advertising. Possibly salvagable, but only if CDPR get their shit together real quick and start communicatinf with their remaining fans.

"I do not know what else to say other then this game is beautieful, the story is amazing, Just a few things please, rear-view mirrors ( I role play drive. ) which means I am actually driving the car like I do my car off the Simulation, buying places, and paying rent, strip club, Car painting, Manual shifting :)!!!! dating possibilities, Investing into businesses."

This is their first post. Yours was one passive aggressively insinuating the OP didn't know what a "Masterpiece" was.
And? They made more posts afterward. As for me, and? I'm right.

care to explain then ?
No. If I wanted to educate people, then I would've become a teacher. All I'll say on the matter is that those who know how to use that word pretty much never do. Argue against that all you'd like, but I won't elaborate further.

And? They made more posts afterward. As for, me, and? I'm right.

No. If I wanted to educate people, then I would've become a teacher. All I'll say on the matter is that those who know how to use that word pretty much never do. Argue against that all you'd like, but I won't elaborate further.

LOL

Ya'll need to let people have their own opinions... Damn.

You'd think this is a life or death situation, the way some of you pounce on a person's opinions & beliefs that fail to match your own.

While I don't believe 2077 is a masterpiece of a game, I'm not about to post videos & lists of reasons OP's belief is invalid. Hell, I wasn't gonna say anything, because I don't need to. I'll still wake up tomorrow, just as I did today.

I feel like ya'll are, or this degree of arguing is, just a bit silly.

Ya'll need to let people have their own opinions... Damn.

You'd think this is a life or death situation, the way some of you pounce on a person's opinions & beliefs that fail to match your own.

While I don't believe 2077 is a masterpiece of a game, I'm not about to post videos & lists of reasons OP's belief is invalid. Hell, I wasn't gonna say anything, because I don't need to. I'll still wake up tomorrow, just as I did today.

I feel like ya'll are, or this degree of arguing is, just a bit silly.
But then why are you here, it's called a forum you know.

its popularity declined in just about two weeks.

True that. I've seen how the game goes down on the Twitch streams list ; it's not even appealing enough for speedruns, which could've been a good bonus for popularity, but this note left apart the game's interest has been decreasing quickly on the streaming scene.

[EDIT] I've seen only one speedrunner doing Cyberpunk's SR which is Carcinogen. I don't recall seeing another person doing this.

Top Bottom