Matchmaking Issues

+
There should be casual hidden mmr because right now as I understand it matches you with people that are your level. So if person that is 3.7k is same level as you then you can be matched.
Or maybe your casual mmr is near his now what is it I don't know.

Yup, there seems to be some sort of MMR in casual. I guess it's hard to quantify though, since a lot of good players like to experiment with different decks.
But in general I feel like below 2000 mmr ranked is often easier than casual. At least when you are level 30+.

Hidden MMR seems possible, but I also get matched with people who are around 800 MMR sometimes. Seems odd we'd all be in the same MMR bracket. I also don't think it's based on levels as often these people have 15-20 levels over me.

MooshieMooshie;n9039940 said:
Hidden MMR seems possible, but I also get matched with people who are around 800 MMR sometimes. Seems odd we'd all be in the same MMR bracket. I also don't think it's based on levels as often these people have 15-20 levels over me.

In casual it's definitely not the same MMR as the MMR in rank.
It's probably a mix of level and winning percentage, but I'm not sure.

It does seem to respond to your winning percentage. But at the same time the level seems to matter as well.

So the rank matchmaking is fixed right?

So the rank matchmaking is fixed right? so how do you explain this? it happened to me three times allready, i like the challenge but playing with player 10 times your level is a but unfair don't you think?

what.png.jpg

It's being worked on, but that's not really such an outrageous match-up. The reward / punishment for a win / loss is scaled based on differences between rank and level. In this regard, you stood to gain a sizable amount or lose a bit. Your opponent stood to gain only a bit but lose a sizable amount.

(And it's not 10x your level. Level 28 would only be double your level. ;))

It's ok, imo. I have won 24lvl dudes while at 15th myself and shamefully lost to 10lvl guys. Sometimes it's just a bad deal.

Well, new MMR system is even worse than before. I have no idea why I have to play against a player with 400 less MMR than me(3243 against 2845)? If I lose the game I will lose 40+ MMR, but if I win gain around 5(I gain 8 times less than I lose).Before the patch I've never seen any player with more than 200 MMR difference,but now can meet in a much bigger range and that's terrible change imo. Why did the developers do changes to the worse, not better direction??? It is super easy to improve it, just add two counters for the number of the games you played against opponents with MMR higher than yours and lower and find each game accordingly, so you always play 50% of the games with lower MMR opponents and another half of the games against higher. And again - you should NOT play against people with that huge difference(At least when there are plenty of players on that level, in TOP2000, I'm not about TOP100, where you have no other choice to pair like that or wait for hours).

Last edited:
doom98;n9065500 said:
why is this not in tech support?

Because it started out as an opinion on the unfair matchmaking, which is still an opinion rather than technical issue.

Just tried a ranked match... My lvl 21 vs Lvl 44...
Thats 23 lvls * 1 keg per lvl = 5Cards * 23Kegs = 115 card pool advantage.

Is that Balance ??

BertBerto

That comparison is flawed. A bigger card pool doesn't mean you can use all cards. Besides, you would only need one competitive deck. Once you've got that, all other cards are only for creating another deck. At level 23, you should already have one good deck.

Basically, the only thing the player's level tells you is how much (s)he played that game. More play time could also mean more experience, but that is not a consistent indicator.

Balance in Casual Game?

Hey peoples. Gwenty Players! :)

My name is Istvan. The reason im here is very simple. I playing gwent since open beta and i have some problem with the game.

First thing first, i like this game. Its Awesome and i think its much better then other card games. So here are the bad news.

I played ranked mode a lot, and just hit rank 14. I like this mode, not just because of the AWESOME rewards u get, more likely because of the fair balance of the game. Not like in CASUAL mode. Where there is actually 0% balance. So im asking from the Creators of the game. Why there is no BALANCE in CASUAL mode? Why its keep happening when the matchmaking is complete i got out a player with 60 Level with 20 rank level. When im Level 24 with rank 14.

Why there is just no BALANCE in this mode? Do you peoples meet with the same problem too? Or its just me keeping so high ranked and skilled players like this?

Pls answer me. CD PROJEKT RED, pls just tell us why this is keep happening.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i cant wait to see your replay on it.

Thanks.
Istvan

IvanovaHUN thread merged

Welcome to the forums. What you've described has been a hot topic since the start of Gwent (Closed Beta). Throughout the months, CDPR has made several changes to ranked play which have brought some significant improvements (although the latest update is still debatable). However, for casual mode, things haven't changed as much. Remember the game is still in Beta and CDPR is closely monitoring the situation. I would expect some improvements are coming in a future patch.

Matchmaking not balanced

Currently I'm in level 17 but since I was level 13 I got matches with level 25 or more and unfortunately this has become normal. So I'm losing beacuse there is no balance in matchmaking in this game. Also I'm playing on ranked but Casual was the same thing

RafaelMitsu Thread merged with existing one in General Discussions.

The matchmaking system isn't bugged, it's just different from what you may expect or be used to.

RafaelMitsu;n9497551 said:
Currently I'm in level 17 but since I was level 13 I got matches with level 25 or more and unfortunately this has become normal. So I'm losing beacuse there is no balance in matchmaking in this game. Also I'm playing on ranked but Casual was the same thing

On ranked what matters is the rank you have. Usually, you'll be matched against people with a similar rank.
You can be level 50 and still only be ranked extremely low - especially if you haven't played ranked often.

In casual on the other hand you have to keep in mind that a lot of people have been playing the game since the start of open beta. So of course, there will be more people with levels beyond level 20 available to play against, than people with very low levels. It's probably not that surprising that opponents with higher levels are getting more likely in your case.

Also keep in mind that the level doesn't say much about how good your opponent is or how strong the deck is. Recently I've started playing on PS4 as well and I've met a lot of level 5-6 players with very expensive decks (for example Shani, Keira, Dijkstra, Trollolo, Stennis and so on in one deck).

Casual Matchmaking is atrocious.

Since i am not allowed to make topics anywhere else and i got better things to do with my life than write garbage on forums all the time i have to post this here.

The Casual matchmaking right now is unbearable.

I am currently rank 14 (was 12 a few days ago) and no matter what rank i am at i consistently get the same rank 18+ people with the same top tier decks EVERY GODDAMN GAME.

Casual seems SIGNIFICANTLY more tryhard than ranked. No fun allowed.

RaynStargaze;n9511211 said:
Since i am not allowed to make topics anywhere else and i got better things to do with my life than write garbage on forums all the time i have to post this here.

The Casual matchmaking right now is unbearable.

I am currently rank 14 (was 12 a few days ago) and no matter what rank i am at i consistently get the same rank 18+ people with the same top tier decks EVERY GODDAMN GAME.

Casual seems SIGNIFICANTLY more tryhard than ranked. No fun allowed.

You just hit the no return point when the game said to you it's time to lose all game or leave a lots of money

Top Bottom