Matchmaking Issues

+
It is NOT broken, not perfect but not broke. I started playing on Friday and it takes a little time as Sunsibar says, but it does settle down and you will be matched at roughly the right level. well worth persisting it good game so far

Yeah when I experimented with a different set of cards a few days ago and lost a lot I was matched with more and more people using pretty basic decks. Matchmaking really seems to work but considering there are still complaints it might be necessary to seperate stronger between beginners and more experienced players.

Matchmaking and Progression Unbalanced?

I like Gwent, I think it's a great game, but there are some balancing issues I think need to be fixed. So, thanks for the beta!
First off, when the game says that it's "finding a worthy opponent" I feel like it's really stretching the meaning of "worthy opponent". Usually I get into a match with a player who has at least 2 gold cards (plus Geralt, so that means 3). Gold cards are pretty amazing, and can sometimes change the tide of the game by themselves. However, for someone like me, who only has Geralt, I feel I am no match for (insert player name) who has for example, ciri, geralt, and igni. For this reason, I feel that maybe matchmaking should take into account how many gold cards the opponent's deck has.

My second complaint is that progression is a bit to brutal. If you're me (hopefully you're not), and you get into a game with someone who has all the nice cards 10 times and a row, and you try (with blood, sweat, and toil) to win all 10 of those games, you will likely lose. This wouldn't be that rage-inducing except for the fact that losing doesn't give you anything. This makes Gwent feel like the big fish eating the little fish. The big fish (super pro player with 20000 different cards) eats the little fish (new player with starter deck plus 2 card kegs). The little fish stays at the bottom, while the big fish gets a little bigger. And the little fish can't live off + 5 ore from Good Game all the time. So, for this issue, I think loosing should at least give you a small boost to the experience bar.

Besides these two issues, I think Gwent is a great game!

Last edited:
Getting matched with opponents with much more level?

Is match making working correctly? I'm getting matched with players 10+ lvls over mine.

ManuW3;n7310200 said:
Is match making working correctly? I'm getting matched with players 10+ lvls over mine.

Level don't mean anything, it's just indicative, you can have a bad player level 100 like you can have a very strong player only level 11, based on what CDPR said Match making is based on win / lose ratio among other things but don't care about level.

Gersen;n7310580 said:
Level don't mean anything, it's just indicative, you can have a bad player level 100 like you can have a very strong player only level 11, based on what CDPR said Match making is based on win / lose ratio among other things but don't care about level.

OK, cool, thanks for letting me know.

The new patch changed level Up completely. Now you gain exp even if you lose the game. So theoretically you can go from lev 1 to 10 for example without winning a single game.

So now Levels are even more irrelevant then before the patch. The only thing Lev wise that matters now are lev up rewards.

Level opponents

Sorry! But why my opponent have 19 lvl while my level is 1 or 2 ??? That system finding opponents is terrible.

Level 1's playing against level 20+ isn't fairv

The game needs some serious help in matchmaking. I don't even want to grind out to ranked play to get a balanced game.

I don't care if someone hasbetter cards than me in general, but it's ridiculous to think that a level 1 is going to stand a chance against a level 20. I played 5 matches today, everyone was against someone over level 20.

While it's true that your at a significant disadvantage is nearly always possible to win at least one round.

Winning the match itself isn't nessacery tbh, the best way to progress is by doing the first two daily reward tiers (18 rounds won) It gives you enough for two kegs everyday and about 75 scraps.

When I first started I did get lucky and get a Legendary on my first ever keg (The Caretaker) and noticed I was beating decks clearly better then mine. Monster imo is the best deck to start with, The rest needs crazy combos or chains to be truly effective.

Honestly ... i think level really doesnt hold much value in how a player plays...more or less shows how much he has played.
Im almost level 30..if you include the roll back to 10..i would be 60

And i have had my ass handed to me more than i would like to admit by players under level 10... lol

TheShift;n7488560 said:
Honestly ... i think level really doesnt hold much value in how a player plays...more or less shows how much he has played.
Im almost level 30..if you include the roll back to 10..i would be 60

And i have had my ass handed to me more than i would like to admit by players under level 10... lol
I versed a level 5 today decked out will a full Skellige deck who completely crushed me.
I'm sure he must have bought a lot of kegs which is completely fine but doesn't change the fact a level 5 beat me lol

Tamacountry13;n7488590 said:
I versed a level 5 today decked out will a full Skellige deck who completely crushed me.
I'm sure he must have bought a lot of kegs which is completely fine but doesn't change the fact a level 5 beat me lol

I hear ya. Theres games i have lost.. i think to myself.. should i even still play this game...
then of course i play 30 more matches in a sitting... lol

What we are trying to say flame6 is Keep Playing... from the bottom..there is no where else to go but up

Level does affect the game. The higher level, the better quality cards you have. For example, legendery etc. Newcomers can't have that yet. Must be prohibited to play against newcomers, it isn't justified.

gnarbrag;n7489750 said:
I once played against a level 1 player with a full set of crones.

well they are able to buy barrels from shop so no wonder. But that's capitalism. If 1 lvl would like to defeat him he pay then, that'd be fair. But when it is lvl 20 that is against lvl 1 it's really not.

Birkewedd;n7489690 said:
Level does affect the game. The higher level, the better quality cards you have. For example, legendery etc. Newcomers can't have that yet. Must be prohibited to play against newcomers, it isn't justified.

Guys like this are the exact reason why it should be hidden in casuals. If they don't know there is a lvl discrepancy they feel fine, if they see 2 different levels despite similar MMR they are frustrated. Just hide it - problem solved.

SzymonAtan;n7489870 said:
Guys like this are the exact reason why it should be hidden in casuals. If they don't know there is a lvl discrepancy they feel fine, if they see 2 different levels despite similar MMR they are frustrated. Just hide it - problem solved.

Nothing is solved since newcomers experience discrimination. Chances of winning are not equal, as the possible reward. CD needs to take action asap.

Birkewedd;n7489950 said:
Nothing is solved since newcomers experience discrimination. Chances of winning are not equal, as the possible reward. CD needs to take action asap.

If they have similiar MMR then statistically the chances are equal. If they have different MMR then there is just not enaugh ppl in the queue, problem will be solved upon release when there are more players. Better match them than make the wait 10+ minutes queues.

SzymonAtan;n7490000 said:
If they have similiar MMR then statistically the chances are equal. If they have different MMR then there is just not enaugh ppl in the queue, problem will be solved upon release when there are more players. Better match them than make the wait 10+ minutes queues.

That's like impossible since there's just 1 server for all countries Have you ever been waiting more than 40 sec? Doubt that.

Top Bottom