Matta Hu'uri?

+
So, after I was gone from the game for the season of mahakam, since there were almost no balance changes and the meta rly bored me, I just discovered that there is AGAIN a new expansion. I was quite happy to see some love for the elf archetype and so played for like 5 hours today. The cards seem to be balanced better than iron judgement at first (in my opinion) but there is at least one card that really struck me in a bad way... and that card is the 9 provision 6 strength neutral "Matta Hu'uri", that let's you draw your best card and let's your opponent draw his worst (atleast according to provision).

I'd really like to know what other people think of this card, I think it is hilariously overpowered and would even be really good with a 3 point body, but it has 6 and costs 9 provision lol. Maybe it's really just me but I kind of feel like this cardis totally bananas, has no downside to it and fits into almost every deck?

Pls tell mewhat you think lol, best regards

There are downsides, but I agree they are really too few. and yes, iot should not have 6 power, for Syndicate and NG it's basically a must.

A nerf is needed, but it's not broken, just too good

DRK3

Forum veteran
The OP is absolutely right, and you're not the only one, this card is definitely OP and an example of Powercreep.

Just remember when you had to gamble to draw your best cards, with Iris Companion, or had to use really tricky strategies or very expensive cards... not anymore.

Usually i would complain even more... but i gotta be honest, this is my new favourite premium in the entire game, whoever did the artwork and animation deserves a statue.

Now the fact of being able to obtain your victory condition without limitations or margin of error at the same time that you play 6 points and give your engines an extra turn for the cost of giving your opponent "fill" card is OP and powercreep?
I have seen everything. :beer:

I like the idea of the card, but it needs a order effect. Or just need to lower the strength of the card to 5 plus a order effect?

I'm fine with the card but what baffles me is how Strego and Isbel have orders or timer, but this one is on deploy.

The devs team at their best.

I agree that the card is incredibly good, however the question has to be asked if that is even a bad thing ?
Giving that it will likely hand the opponent a 4 provision card, which is worth 5-6 points, which cancels her points, she is basically like a Royal Decree that does not allow to target, but makes the highest provision card (rather than unit) more consistent.
Unlike Isbel and Stregobor she cannot be used to draw once the opponent has already passed and cannot be used for card advantage without them, also unlike their randomness Matta is essentially just a consistency tool.
And truth be told, while the draws should definitely be random, having more consistency on the missing highest provision card (like Shupe or a Scenario, in case one runs such expensive cards) more consistent and the games less "lowrolly".

One lovely combination with Matta is Chyntia+Matta Huiri. Since the 3 power golem Cynthia spawns into your opponents deck is a 0 provision token its always what your opponent gets when you use Matta. If you feel like taking this further you can try to recycle masquerade ball with Assire and draw it with matta.

What i usually do with this is playing cynthia as my first card. I also run roach which works quite well with Vivienne
(i use her because she is an aristocrat). I will usually play masquarade ball 1st round then try to put it back in my deck with Assire. Since masquerade ball is 14 provisions and will always be your highest card you now, last round only have to play Matta and boom you draw your best card and your opponent draws the worst possible thing in the game. Even though you played Cynthia first round your opponent will always mulligan away the golem and keep it in the deck.

I wouldnt be surprised if Matta recieves a nerf and i would not be surprised if she doesnt. Kind of like Death stranding and the game awards, i cant tell if the game sucks or if its a masterpiece

The question is what STR/Provision ratio should she have? Kambi seems to be the perfect counter for her now but that 4 STR and 10 provisions.

Top Bottom