Matter of Perspective

+
We were all disappointed when CP was delayed back in January. That was 8 months. Now we are in May and in the middle of Q2 with 4 months to go and all I can say is that it is a matter of perspective. In the Summer of Gaming in June we will be in the final month of Q2 and then we will be analysing the shit out of the trailers and/or gameplay demos for the majority of Q3 till release

It will be better than ok, it will be great!!!!

Would have been great to play over these covid months. Work will ramp up again, new projects starting.
A huge part of gaming is the wait for titles to be released.

Id prefer to not hear about them, at all, more than 12 months prior to release.

agreed Draymar. exactly the mindset ive had over the last couple of weeks. about a month ago I was craving CP2077 hard and was super antsy. but had a think over the last week or so how much time has passed since the delay was announced and in reality it isn't too bad. Plus ive been planning out my new PC build for CP2077 and shopping for appliances for when we move into our own place in a couple of months so that should keep me occupied until release.

Booked my 2 weeks leave from work this morning too for September 17. feelsgoodman

agreed Draymar. exactly the mindset ive had over the last couple of weeks. about a month ago I was craving CP2077 hard and was super antsy. but had a think over the last week or so how much time has passed since the delay was announced and in reality it isn't too bad. Plus ive been planning out my new PC build for CP2077 and shopping for appliances for when we move into our own place in a couple of months so that should keep me occupied until release.

Booked my 2 weeks leave from work this morning too for September 17. feelsgoodman

Good for you!!! Yeah, I was getting real cynical for a while, but the game got rated in my country today (Australia) and now its all gone. If hype is a drug, CP2077's hype is like cocaine. Get new info and its like a fix, dont get anything you scratch the walls wanting another one. CDPR are the manufactures and distributers are the dealers

Extreme analogy I know, but its accurate because like narcotics it all comes down to dopamine. You keep feeding those receptors and you want more of it

Good for you!!! Yeah, I was getting real cynical for a while, but the game got rated in my country today (Australia) and now its all gone. If hype is a drug, CP2077's hype is like cocaine. Get new info and its like a fix, dont get anything you scratch the walls wanting another one. CDPR are the manufactures and distributers are the dealers

Extreme analogy I know, but its accurate because like narcotics it all comes down to dopamine. You keep feeding those receptors and you want more of it

dude im Aussie too! it got rated here?!?!?!?!? how am I only just finding out about this, was watching the youtube vids again about the ratings it got in Brazil. was so happy to see they arent pulling any punches and really going for an adult/mature and gritty story

*raises hand, another Aussie here man!

Yep can't wait for June reveals, whatever that may be.

*raises hand, another Aussie here man!

Yep can't wait for June reveals, whatever that may be.

*Drops down from the celing* Yo!

We Australians live in the land of spiders, so when you see one of us, Assume that there are hundreds more of us lurking over-here and over-there.

When I first saw the delay announce, I didn't feel upset - I felt like that's my chance get through my other games.

DOOM Eternal took me longer than I expected, I managed to progress in Prey (2017) and been sleeping well. I knew that I would invest my time into DOOM Eternal this Spring, so I didn't but Apex Legends battle pass as I had done multiple times before, which gave me a lot more free time for other games. Now, thanks to the delay of Cyberpunk 2077, I have even more time to finish Prey (2017) multiple times and hopefully, RUINER and Shadow Warrior 2 and play some Risk of Rain 2 as I had planned last year.

Surprisingly, the delay was a blessing.

Another Aussie here. Ive had Prey sitting on the shelf since i bought it at one of those EB games sales a few years ago. (Do they even stock PC stuff anymore?)
I'll get to it one day... Work has been busy as hell and, as lazy as it sounds, after work & chores even playing a game feels like an effort VS watching tv/movies or browsing. (of course things would be diff if 2077 was released)

When I first saw the delay announce, I didn't feel upset - I felt like that's my chance get through my other games.

DOOM Eternal took me longer than I expected, I managed to progress in Prey (2017) and been sleeping well. I knew that I would invest my time into DOOM Eternal this Spring, so I didn't but Apex Legends battle pass as I had done multiple times before, which gave me a lot more free time for other games. Now, thanks to the delay of Cyberpunk 2077, I have even more time to finish Prey (2017) multiple times and hopefully, RUINER and Shadow Warrior 2 and play some Risk of Rain 2 as I had planned last year.

Surprisingly, the delay was a blessing.

I was in a similar boat. turns out the delay just gave me more time to save for an even better PC build

Naaaah the fact I was quarantined exactly when the game was supposed to be released just made things worse since I had plenty of time for gaming.

Also, I'm not that positive we'll have much to analyse from new trailers, given we get anything better than a spoilery CGI.

I agree that I'd prefer not to hear about a game more than a year before its release. This game has been an ongoing part of my life for around 3 years now. An active obsession since E3 2018. Even if it was a complete disappointment (which I doubt it will be) it'd still be one of my most significant memories of gaming because of how long it's been a part of my life.

I agree that I'd prefer not to hear about a game more than a year before its release. This game has been an ongoing part of my life for around 3 years now. An active obsession since E3 2018. Even if it was a complete disappointment (which I doubt it will be) it'd still be one of my most significant memories of gaming because of how long it's been a part of my life.

Agreed. I'm gonna miss all the hype and waiting when the game finally does get released...

Agreed. I'm gonna miss all the hype and waiting when the game finally does get released...
nothing beats the waiting for the game to first install.. or back in the day driving home from your game store with the case in your hand when you’re a kid or on your passenger seat as an adult.. then rush of first booting up the game, waiting for all the company logo clips to finish and the initial loading of the menu... then ... “press any key to continue” .. and thus starts journey.

Would have been great to play over these covid months.

Yeah, it is ironic. if the game had kept to the original release date, we'd be playing right now.

At the time of the announcement of the postponement, I was quoting Shigeru Miyamoto and telling whiners to shut their yaps and be patient.

Now, the cosmic forces in charge of the universe are seeing if I have the resolve to live up to my own words.

It's going to be a long summer.

nothing beats the waiting for the game to first install.. or back in the day driving home from your game store with the case in your hand when you’re a kid or on your passenger seat as an adult.. then rush of first booting up the game, waiting for all the company logo clips to finish and the initial loading of the menu... then ... “press any key to continue” .. and thus starts journey.
Waiting for the delivery guy from Amazon... Boy if it's painful...

Top Bottom