Max level is 50... BIG SAD!!!

+
Umm, have you tried a netrunner/silenced pistol/katana/stealth build?

It's straight up op cyber ninja. I almost wish the cap were lower.

This makes me sad, I was looking forward to getting everything to max so I could play around, respec token didn't reset my actual stats, just the skills bought in each stat.

If you want less points to play with, simply use less, but do not suggest to take more away from everyone else, especially as they desperately ask for more.

Might as well be taking food from homeless people, however a silly analogy it may be.
I will never understand the logic behind this, because there is none.

they might increase level cap with DLC and Expansions.

Yeah they likely will the go the borderlands route in that sense, they start with 50 then over the course of DLC up it to 80. however they have only 3 skill trees per character and much less skills within those. so by the end you can max out one tree and 50% of another or dabble a bit more.

The whole restricting to entice you into doing multiple playthroughs is all fine and well but only if the game is not a hot mess of bugs and glitches that make it barely playable for one playthrough.

Yeah they likely will the go the borderlands route in that sense, they start with 50 then over the course of DLC up it to 80. however they have only 3 skill trees per character and much less skills within those. so by the end you can max out one tree and 50% of another or dabble a bit more.

The whole restricting to entice you into doing multiple playthroughs is all fine and well but only if the game is not a hot mess of bugs and glitches that make it barely playable for one playthrough.
I just hope that good modding support will come out soon so that the community can begin fixing whatever they can possibly fix. I hope one day that mods will allow me to... start the game without crashing.... and have enough points to max out all perk and skill trees and everything. I just want to have a good experience, and have the freedom to do so. :shrug: The last thing I don't need is more limitations. I need less, or even none. :think:

Like most RP video games the leveling is unfortunately based around just the main story. Most people seem to get to around level 30 by doing only story. Doing the extra stuffs in these games creates an imbalance and you level up too fast. If the game makers are set on having a level cap then they should add a toggle that allows for slower level progression which grants less xp. Those who wish to do only story could still level up with the story and those that wanted to do all the extras could level slower making it harder to hit that cap. To me level caps are fine as long as it's incredibly difficult to actually hit the cap... I especially don't like hitting the level cap midway through the game.

If you want less points to play with, simply use less, but do not suggest to take more away from everyone else, especially as they desperately ask for more.

Might as well be taking food from homeless people, however a silly analogy it may be.

I was being sarcastic, because you can get insanely op in this game even without cyberware. I'm not suggesting taking candy away from babies. Chill.

Totally agree. I'm done with limitations.

Well what if I don't want to? I can't even play the game yet and I already see other people saying "help I can't I can't I can't"

No fun allowed! :mad:

Seriously, I don't want a level cap. I want to unlock everything and become overpowered and out of control! Out of control? No! Perfectly in control! Just not in the control of people who want to limit me! :shrug:
Nice. You want to burn yourself out. Limitations are there for a reason. As with **most games**.

Hey, can anyone tell me if you can still raise skills to 20 after you hit the level cap? If so that would give you a total possibility of 130 perk points if you maxed out all skills to 20. (unless there are also bonus perk points.)

idk but "skills" are capped with the attribute point: ie, if you want handguns at 20, you have to have reflexes at 20 etc. At say 18 reflexes max you would get is 18 handguns and so on.

No open world game should have a level cap.. should be organic and let you define your abilities and skills as you see fit. You may skill cap an ability or tree but never a character overall. If the content is there, artificially limiting progression because "reasons" is a very old and tired rpg gaming idea that needs to DIAF.

Opportunity cost is what gives your character an identity for gameplay purposes, roleplaying purposes and for replay value of the game. If you were able to be good at everything in the end, it would imo not only become OP and boring, it would kill replay value and make your build choice meaningless.

You grinded till 50 and not the end of the main game? Honestly it isn't a big deal to level up so much, I beat the game at lvl 19

Sorry but that's actually a clever design choice.
Games where you can level up too much allows you to make copy carbons of every build (everyone has all the most powerful abilities in the game) which is astonishignly boring.

Having a level cap makes it so you have to be strategic about your build and weight the different options (it also give a strong personality to your character). That's one of the most important aspect of an RPG so, no, the level cap is perfectly fine and should stay, 100%.

Maybe that is the intention but then it degenerates into people asking what build is best and then everyone carbon copies that build to max min to the greatest extent. Give it time and those threads will start cropping up. ;)

Level 50 is plenty in this game. I understand that some people enjoy being seriously overpowered, but by the time I hit level 30 on Very Hard difficutly, absolutely nothing at all was a challenge, and even the select few "Very High" difficulty encounters that were left were pushovers. This had me thinking that the game was mainly balanced (if you can call it that) around finishing by level 25 - 30 at most.

Regardless, my issue is the "respec" shard and its cost. There are plenty of money exploits in this game, but even if you have the money to spend, the shard makes absolutely no sense.

1. If you have 100K extra to burn on this, that means you've already purchased the majority of the cyberware you want.
2. At that point, you are likely around level 30 anyway if you were not using an exploit. If you were using an exploit, you're still going to be overpowered, because you have all of the best gear that you can buy. Gear makes way more of a difference than the pathetic perks in this game too.
3. You cannot respec your attributes, which means you would likely only be shuffling around a few perk points that you want to get rid of. A few perk points? If you are level 30 or so, a few perk points will absolutely not make a difference at all, so what exactly is the point of this?

They likely didn't want people to be able to do something like dump 20 into Tech just to unlock legendary crafting, craft a bunch of the best armor/weapons (although you still have to find a lot of the specs in the world to begin with), get what they want and then remove all points from the Tech attribute and put them elsewhere. But again, why? The game's balancing is to put it lightly...not good. The game is too easy even with same level green weapons. The main reason I wanted a full respec was so that I could test out end game builds since what I was doing was so boring by that point, and because some skills and items don't even work right now. I wanted to see what the perks actually did before having to spend another 30+ hours on the game just to find out that something either didn't work, or was just underwhelming like the rest.

That's redundant once you have the Legendary Ping hack. You just sit behind a wall and take out everything without ever having to move. If you are focusing on INT, you unlock that at 20, which is only level 15. 20 INT/20 COOL (although you don't need more than 7 in COOL, it just keeps raising the damage you do while in stealth per level. There's no perks that add anything though after rank 7 since the Poison perks do not work with the Poison hack) is the most broken build in the game.

That's a terrible analogy, because homeless people don't have enough. This is a case of not giving in to perceived entitlement for those who have plenty already.

Last edited:
Once you start getting iconic and epic/legendary weapon drops along with buying better cyberware you become pretty OP even on very hard, I've been taking my time with regards to the main quests and am only level 23 but even the danger : very high missions are easily doable with a decent weapon and I've hardly any perks invested in weapon damage, mostly just utility perks picked.

Difficulty settings could definitely do with some tweaking and the level cap is there to encourage different skill paths to be used on subsequent playthroughs although as the game stands just now I doubt I'll be replaying after finishing this one.

Top Bottom