May be the best way to n'joy the game is on Very Hard Mode

+
after many hours on this game find out all balance , sub mecanic gameplays , .., how to level up our character make sens on the last difficulty on this game .
in my personnal opinion , normal mode first playtrough is all about let the player be familiar with all games loops but if we wan't the proper player mostly need to play on very hard mode .
1- Behivaor IA change a lot
2- scale enemy make more sense , each combat its more balanced if we follow the main story
3- buff items , or other buff like as shower , sleeping works as it was design
4- player need to be aware on how he want build is character , skill tree now make sense
5- player need to craft

i'm not a skilled player but i feel more challenge on combat , example bellow
you can jump at 32min , no major spoiler its only combat
or you can follow the life of a Corpo ..( all intro )

Depends what type of wnjoyment you seek isn't it?
I'm not particulairly look for a challenge all the time but also like to just follow the story smoothly and relatively quickly. Using lower difficulty settings work well for that. Also it releaves from the otherwise more demanding grinds which I'm not a fan of.

Depends what type of wnjoyment you seek isn't it?
I'm not particulairly look for a challenge all the time but also like to just follow the story smoothly and relatively quickly. Using lower difficulty settings work well for that. Also it releaves from the otherwise more demanding grinds which I'm not a fan of.

both normal or the hardest difficulty , each time when i recommend the game to friends i advise to play "smoothy" , no rush :)
each quest feel cinematic , this one of game with immersive world

about grinding
at highter level we get a better "proc" for loot .
taking one difficulty isn't a mandatory to n'oy the game indeed but player can miss all the deepness of few mecanics with highest difficulty .
to be honest on normal difficulty , as i said it let the player doing the story without the feeling to be stuck at a mission .

i'm not wooried to be killed by npcs on very hard mode xD

on normal mode , i only stack Medkits , but on the hardest difficulty those Medkits making sense , specially when you're not a skiiled player , just an average player ^^

watching my records and see how few time we can killed by one shoot , the combat feel more 'tense" ,
find out some good behiavor from the IA
- shooting on covers
- moove if they're spoted
- shooting trough wall or some others object on the decor ( IA doing this on normal but to as accure on very hard mode )
- be aware of Netrunners ..xD . , they always see you and hacking you very fast

to be honest very hard mode its like to experience an other game ..Oo
the feeling , the mood on gunplay , leveling 're huge between normal mode and very hard mode .
the game with his story and world 're allready so immersive , highest difficulty its like as the last key for all of this works fine together .

doing mission on the brutal way its fun on very hard mode but its the best way to lost focus and getting an easy death xD

I tend to agree that to me, Very Hard seems like the only legit difficulty. Putting it on easy, Normal, whatever might as well me be just watching a Let’s Play on YouTube, and why watch a game if you can play it? For those that get anxiety attacks about the difficulty, it should be mentioned that the game only approaches a feeling of insurmountability in the first mebbe 8 levels for a first time play through. After that you learn the ins and outs of the game, the tactics appropriate to your build, and can really start to enjoy the game without an excessive level of caution. I built strong characters but even so, there were more than a few “tactical withdrawals” for me in the first 5 or 6 levels (maybe even to 10th or so). Before 10th, having that caution was just plain necessary.

Yep…. VH feels like Story/Normal difficulty compared to other games.

i wish they would give balancing a bit more love… and not just making hits harder, making npcs of all cls/races snipers who are accurate miles away no matter what weapon they use or sherlocks who can spot and aim at you through walls etc…

always wished for enemy netrunners who take me by surprise with another QH than burn f.e… let me fight mantis blades or monowires as well or even Mercs and their Crews from the Afterlife…

so much potentiel to make VH a bit more interessting than just tweaking values of dmg and/or armor stats… : /

Yep…. VH feels like Story/Normal difficulty compared to other games.

i wish they would give balancing a bit more love… and not just making hits harder, making npcs of all cls/races snipers who are accurate miles away no matter what weapon they use or sherlocks who can spot and aim at you through walls etc…

always wished for enemy netrunners who take me by surprise with another QH than burn f.e… let me fight mantis blades or monowires as well or even Mercs and their Crews from the Afterlife…

so much potentiel to make VH a bit more interessting than just tweaking values of dmg and/or armor stats… : /

indeed netrunners can be ....
the only thing i do when playing for heavy close gunfight , destroying all camera but even doing that on few rare case , its hard to understand how the ennemy spot us .

rng dmg can be funny sometimes , one heat can take 80/90% of our health xD
but even with those issues after 2 or 3 runs on very hard difficulty , i can't go back on "normal" difficulty : i feel its missing something

honestly i was shocked when i saw a video somewhere in this forum where the player tanked the whole area in that gig where you have to free a dude in the badlands without killing a single militech member... first thought was how dafuq is he cheating dat thing??!!!... until someone mentioned its "normal" mode...

never expected it to be soo easy... never played anything else than vh since beginning but watching that video was like... you wont ever try it at all below vh. nope thx.

the very hard mode , player "ll feel it with all random encounters factions on Nigh City , not on Main mission .
bellow in order difficulty on very hard mode
- 1 fight random faction
- 2 NCPD task
-3 fixer contrat
-4 side quest
and the last one , the easy one , all main story quest

actually in vh you can get max lvl pretty easy just doing the ncpd & fixer missions, without touching a single main or sidequest... done it twice not long ago. 2nd char stopped around 47-48 and was pushed to max lvl bei psychos. afterwards running the mainquest without breaks was kinda nice - leaving the sidequests to do with the several endiing-rewards/weapons i never had use for on my first 10+ chars back in the days.

dont know if you can hit max level with just ncpd & fixer on other difficulties... as (at least back in the days) you got way less exp on lower difficulties... - not sure if thats still the case?

actually in vh you can get max lvl pretty easy just doing the ncpd & fixer missions, without touching a single main or sidequest... done it twice not long ago. 2nd char stopped around 47-48 and was pushed to max lvl bei psychos. afterwards running the mainquest without breaks was kinda nice - leaving the sidequests to do with the several endiing-rewards/weapons i never had use for on my first 10+ chars back in the days.

dont know if you can hit max level with just ncpd & fixer on other difficulties... as (at least back in the days) you got way less exp on lower difficulties... - not sure if thats still the case?
normal level difficulty , player need to grind like as crazy to get money or xp .
and loot its just garbage xD
they balance it a bit since last patch , but its feel so grindy with the boring outcoume
first hours , ennemy level seems equilibred but after 4h/5 , mostly after the fitst chapter , the player is all ready OP and can run over all ennemy xD

Oh that’s interesting, you get more XP and loot than on Normal? I would have figured it to be the opposite, even though I certainly feel you earn level 15 to 17 by cleansweeping Watson prior to The Heist.

even after many run , steel discover new quest ^^

thinking how i miss this one on my others play trough..Oo

even after many run , steel discover new quest ^^

thinking how i miss this one on my others play trough..Oo
Yep, surprising !
Knowing this quest have a quest marker on the map :)
(this quest always makes me think of Pulp Fiction. You're definitely not the tyrany of the evil man but the sheperd^^)

Last edited:
Yep, surprising !
Knowing this quest have a quest marker on the map :)
(this quest always makes me think of Pulp Fiction. You're definitely not the tyrany of the evil man but the sheperd^^)
off topic
last i try out to check some stat. about play time and achievements on this game .
( doing this for some few people claiming Cyberpunk is "generic theme park" open world with nothing to do )
it quite surprising and i saw all stat.

to resume
average play time for player following only main quest , above 40h
only less 5% player base have done all success
50% player base have done less 30% of all contents on the game
les 20% player base have spend more 100h on the game

each time i explain , may be even if the mission feel the same , they're some few trigger that can start a new path for the mission .
for example on the first mission on malstroem base camp
if the player on the com start with the blue line dialogue then the yellow , then ping ennemy with the scan
malstroem dude see that as an attack ..

you can redo the same mission doing the same thing without "ping" the malstroem guy , then you can meet the boss for the deal and even at this stage there's new path .

atm for only this mission , i see more 5 way to do it
1) attack the base camp and meet meredith without crack the chards
2) attack the base camp and betray meridith , you'll see a new corp guy
3) take the side of maltroesm
adding you'll kill the boss or not , give the money with the malware , do the other side objectif ..

so yes , indeed , the main story having less 33 missions , but with all trigger , the experience may be differ each time , and assulming , difficuty , player build will not be the same ...

as a player i want more dynamic events , more immersive / sandbox feature but i admit , this game can offer a lot of content if the player take time to look at it :)

may be the most easy quest on the game

its seems its one those side quest , that don't bother with your level , like the one on early stage of chapter 2 ( the one on the sohhting range challenge ) .

video bellow have major spoilers on Claire side story

off topic : it feel good on action rpg game , to have task , quest not only about just shooting or kill ennemy , hopre CDPR addind more quality quest like this on the next Cyberpunk 2077 :)

VH is only "hard" until The Heist and then only depending on how much of Watson you did before going into it, generally the game is easiest no matter the difficulty from lvl 10 onwards and that's on console, it be easier earlier on PC an especially modded unless you specifically modded difficulty

I wonder if CDPR would consider the Very Hard difficulty more than just taking more damage when enemies attack you. The mod community created mods that made a lot of enemies really dangerous when it comes to netrunner cyber-ware. Engaging head one could possibly land V in a situation where he/she is hacked and killed instantly. Most of the enemies in Night City, no matter the difficulty will only engage you head on when they spot you. Once you get your Cyber-ware upgraded, it's not as threatening. What if the very hard difficulty were adjusted and called EDGERUNNER. I'll create a short description of the difficulty.

EDGERUNNER DIFFICULTY
Night City is a place where only the strong survive. But even the greatest legends faced nightmares from those who challenged them. Pick your poison and experience Night City on the edge where many have fallen. Unwise choices come with dire consequences and every shot must count.

- Enemies will use more netrunner hacks to foil your approach.
- Smarter enemies will aim for the head.
- Silverhand construct can distract V during battle.
- Renegade NetWatch enemies can cause fatal hacks.

Indeed. The problem is the easiest way to claim a difficulty hard is either raising the enemies dmg output by an absurd lvl or make their hp endlessly spongy. Both ways are lazy but still common in games which is kinda sad…

making enemies behavior smarter, with more skills or unexpected routines is super rare but would be a change for once… I already asked myself why enemies can’t use more QH or Cyberware at all…

getting hunted by another merc grp from the Afterlife equipped with Vs gear, weapons, cyberdeck/quickhacks, berserk, sandevista or even monowires f.e would be fresh air for once. But I doubt they work/balance it that way - would be a surprise if they would actually work and improve the enemies ai instead playing with dmg/hp values, like Ubisoft did with The Division back and forth f.e. - just uninspired stupid : /

Top Bottom